One Missouri School district Recalls evolution-themed shirts

I absolutely get a kick out of people who misunderstand Evolution so much, are so ignorant as to say that we have descended from apes or monkeys.

:lol:

i think you may have oozed from a feces splattered rock, propbably after a chimp shot shit all over the place after pulling a bananna outa its ass.

^
A self-proclaimed Christian right there.

I absolutely get a kick out of people who misunderstand Evolution so much, are so ignorant as to say that we have descended from apes or monkeys.

i think you may have oozed from a feces splattered rock, propbably after a chimp shot shit all over the place after pulling a bananna outa its ass.

^
A self-proclaimed Christian right there.

dont denounce your lineage

[]

[
i think you may have oozed from a feces splattered rock, propbably after a chimp shot shit all over the place after pulling a bananna outa its ass.[/QUOTE]

Now that's the way to convert people to your way of thinking! ^^

Bravo! :clap2:

:lol: Yeah, sure...thinking the principal is a coward the the parents are stupid makes me a fascist.

I suppose you think those that wrote the constitution were fascists, too, since these are their rules. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Actually retard the 1st Amendment promises FREEDOM of religion and does not bar schools from having any time for religion. Nor does it say anything about unproven Scientific theories.

Scientific theories and religion are both taught in school.

What I'd like to know is why the kids had to return the shirts? They were to have been paid for by the band parents; the article implies that *now* the district will have to pay for them. Which tells me they had no reason to confiscate them from the kids.

The people who complained were not band parents, what the hell business is it of theirs? Their tax dollars didn't buy the shirts (but ironically, they have NOW lol). If the school officials want to be cowards and give in to those who complained, and tell the kids they can't wear the shirts during official band functions, fine. But if it were my child, I'd commission someone to make a replica of the shirt and send her to school wearing it every day for the rest of the damned year.

Actually, the school officials are NOT being cowards. Why do you think so many schools have stopped teaching evolution? It's not like it was 50 years ago. Evolution is supported by dozens of other fields of science. No longer do reputable institutions teach just "evolution", but evolution of cellular mitosis, and evolution of the ocular system. The information is enormous.

The reason that evolution is not being taught is because the religious have deep pockets. They will pay anything to keep their kids stupid. Schools simply don't have the resources to fight the ignorant religious. So they stop teaching important parts of science to use that money in non controversial subjects. It's sad, it's pathetic, but it's true.

Even in the corn states, where new crops are developed that resist pests and bad weather and grow higher quality food. That knowledge comes from learning about evolution, but the Christian right will never see it. They can't. It threatens their occult ways.

It's a stand... funny, I don't think there would be much complaint if simply the students were ALSO allowed to wear shirts that expressed their opposing beliefs...

Opposing belief in the evolution of horn instruments? What would that be... A woodwind jihad?

As a Missourian this really is some of the dumbest shit I am sorry to see come from this state. The idea that public schools no longer teaches evolution is just asinine. The idea that the concept of an evolutionary process applied to brass intruments somehow invalidates dogma junkie bullshit is RETARDED.

The again, Sedalia is about like Springfield when it comes to batshit crazy nutters and their chokehold on everyone else.

As a Missourian this really is some of the dumbest shit I am sorry to see come from this state. The idea that public schools no longer teaches evolution is just asinine. The idea that the concept of an evolutionary process applied to brass intruments somehow invalidates dogma junkie bullshit is RETARDED.

The again, Sedalia is about like Springfield when it comes to batshit crazy nutters and their chokehold on everyone else.

And it will just get worse. The right wing Christians are circling the wagons. They continue to "dumb down".

They totally believe that they are protecting their children, but they are actually setting them up to "fail". "How do you know that the Grand Canyon wasn't created by the "big flood"? Can you imagine someone asking a question like that in a college classroom? I don't mean a Bible college, I'm talking reputable college.

Every Christian I know goes to a medical doctor. I never heard of a reputable medical doctor that doesn't believe that evolution is the foundation science for botany, biology and physiology. I would think that they would bypass a real doctor and head straight for a "faith healer".

You can't have it both ways. You can't fight science but benefit from it at the same time. The cost shows up in uneducated children unable to compete. Oh well, there are always ditches that need to be dug. The problem is there isn't that many ditches. What happens when you run out of ditches? Jesus will foot the bill? I doubt it. He would probably be pissed because those that use his name refuse to use the brains they say he gave them.

I understand how Clark W. Griswold felt when Uncle Eddie pulled into the driveway with an RV.

Forum List

Back