One Missouri School district Recalls evolution-themed shirts

Neser Boha

upgrade your gray matter
Mar 4, 2009
Nordic Bayou
Sedalia school district recalls evolution-themed shirts | News-Leader.com | Springfield News-Leader

Designed with the help of band director Jordan Summers and assistant director Brian Kloppenburg, the light gray shirts feature an image of a monkey progressing through various stages of evolution until eventually becoming a human. Each figure holds a brass instrument that also evolves, illustrating the theme “Brass Evolutions.”

“I was disappointed with the image on the shirt,” said Sherry Melby, a band parent who teaches in the district. “I don’t think evolution should be associated with our school.”

But other parents were just as dismayed that the shirts were taken away from students at the Sedalia school.

“Whatever happened to the separation of church and state?” asked Alena Hoeffling, who was furious about the decision. “If I wanted my children to be sheltered, I would have enrolled them in private school.”

Read the rest for more entertainment.

I thought one of the comments was very interesting:

Kerowyn wrote:
There's a reason why Missouri's educational system is one of the worst in the country, and also why Missouri is one of the if not the poorest state.
You raise idiots, and seem to favor raising idiots. Congrats - you make your bed, you lie in it.

Kerowyn doesn't seem to understand that one day, Jesus will float down from heaven on billowy clouds wearing his pure white "wizard" robes. He will magically fly all the good Christians up into heaven where they will sing heavenly hymns for all eternity.

Only they made one terrible mistake. That Christian music is crappy. As soon as God hears it, he will banish them back to Missouri. God will turn to Jesus, and say, "My son, thou Christian music doth sucketh. Bring me all the good singers, the gay singers." Then he will say in his booming voice, "I know I made them for a reason. Let's Par-tay". He then spends the rest of eternity with his truly heavenly choir leaving those in Missouri running to keep up to the rest of the world while Jesus Vogues. Pity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sedalia school district recalls evolution-themed shirts | News-Leader.com | Springfield News-Leader

Designed with the help of band director Jordan Summers and assistant director Brian Kloppenburg, the light gray shirts feature an image of a monkey progressing through various stages of evolution until eventually becoming a human. Each figure holds a brass instrument that also evolves, illustrating the theme “Brass Evolutions.”

“I was disappointed with the image on the shirt,” said Sherry Melby, a band parent who teaches in the district. “I don’t think evolution should be associated with our school.”

But other parents were just as dismayed that the shirts were taken away from students at the Sedalia school.

“Whatever happened to the separation of church and state?” asked Alena Hoeffling, who was furious about the decision. “If I wanted my children to be sheltered, I would have enrolled them in private school.”

Read the rest for more entertainment.

What I don't understand is, if you're secure in your faith, why would you let something like a t-shirt bother you? I think it was a cute idea, and I'm a Christian.

I thought one of the comments was very interesting:

Kerowyn wrote:
There's a reason why Missouri's educational system is one of the worst in the country, and also why Missouri is one of the if not the poorest state.
You raise idiots, and seem to favor raising idiots. Congrats - you make your bed, you lie in it.

Kerowyn doesn't seem to understand that one day, Jesus will float down from heaven on billowy clouds wearing his pure white "wizard" robes. He will magically fly all the good Christians up into heaven where they will sing heavenly hymns for all eternity.

Only they made one terrible mistake. That Christian music is crappy. As soon as God hears it, he will banish them back to Missouri and take all the gay singers. Then he will say in his booming voice, "I know I made you for a reason. Let's Party". He then spends the rest of eternity with his truly heavenly choir leaving those in Missouri running to keep up to the rest of the world. Pity.

:chuckle:

I like this comment:

"...next thing you know, they'll be trying to put correct math equations on their shirts, and from there, you're just about an inch from total anarchy..."

:D

evolution1.jpg

However, if it would be accepted, so should t-shirts showing vignettes of the life of Christ.

After all, they're just theories. You publicize one, you should publicize the other.

I think it's a perfect example of separation of church and state. The religion of evolution isn't any more appropriate on school t-shirts than any other religion.

However, if it would be accepted, so should t-shirts showing vignettes of the life of Christ.

After all, they're just theories. You publicize one, you should publicize the other.

I think it's a perfect example of separation of church and state. The religion of evolution isn't any more appropriate on school t-shirts than any other religion.

:cuckoo:

Merged Threads-EZ

The band debuted the T-shirts when it marched in the Missouri State Fair parade. Summers said he was surprised when he received a direct complaint after the parade.
While the shirts don’t directly violate the district’s dress code, Assistant Superintendent Brad Pollitt said complaints by parents made him take action.

“I made the decision to have the band members turn the shirts in after several concerned parents brought the shirts to my attention,” Pollitt said.
kp44gb-082909scbandshirt.jpg

:eek:

Band shirts hit wrong note with parents | 0px, span, font - Top Story - Sedalia Democrat

I can't believe idiots like these parents can even figure out how to have sex, let alone raise children.

The band debuted the T-shirts when it marched in the Missouri State Fair parade. Summers said he was surprised when he received a direct complaint after the parade.
While the shirts don’t directly violate the district’s dress code, Assistant Superintendent Brad Pollitt said complaints by parents made him take action.

“I made the decision to have the band members turn the shirts in after several concerned parents brought the shirts to my attention,” Pollitt said.

Band shirts hit wrong note with parents | 0px, span, font - Top Story - Sedalia Democrat

I can't believe idiots like these parents can even figure out how to have sex, let alone raise children.

Already a thread on this, and isn't it special that you think bitching about prayer is a good thing but anyone complaining about something you like is stupid.

Already a thread on this, and isn't it special that you think bitching about prayer is a good thing but anyone complaining about something you like is stupid.
Evolution is prayer? You're further gone than I thought.

Reading for comprehension is not your strong suit. Here let me help that single brain cell of yours. YOU think any parent or student that complains about anyone praying in school or any monument anwhere that is even remotely religious is just fine and dandy and then have the gall to call people complaining about this stupid.

Now did that help little miss dumb ass?

Reading for comprehension is not your strong suit. Here let me help that single brain cell of yours. YOU think any parent or student that complains about anyone praying in school or any monument anwhere that is even remotely religious is just fine and dandy and then have the gall to call people complaining about this stupid.

No, you're still an idiot. Evolution is not religion and therefore there is no logical reason to keep it out of public schools...

No, you're still an idiot. Evolution is not religion and therefore there is no logical reason to keep it out of public schools...

And the parents AND the school disagree. Once again you only think people that complain about what you don't like are allowed to do so. Fascist comes to mind to describe you.

And the parents AND the school disagree. Once again you only think people that complain about what you don't like are allowed to do so. Fascist comes to mind to describe you.
:lol: Yeah, sure...thinking the principal is a coward the the parents are stupid makes me a fascist.

I suppose you think those that wrote the constitution were fascists, too, since these are their rules. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back