One avenue in Queens is now an open line of brothels

Here's a better question.

Why is prostitution a crime to start with?

I meet a woman in a bar, and after a few drinks, we go home and have sex, and then never see each other again. Not a crime.

I meet a woman in a bar, and after a few drinks, I pay her $300 to go home and have sex, and we never see each other again. Why is the second one a crime and the first one is not?
Its not a crime in some parts of Nevada.

I meet a woman in a bar, and after a few drinks, we go home and have sex, and then never see each other again. Not a crime.

I meet a woman in a bar, and after a few drinks, I pay her $300 to go home and have sex, and we never see each other again. Why is the second one a crime and the first one is not?
Because sex is dirty don’t you know.

It's funny now to think of when new York had crime, drugs, prostitution and it was safer for people when it was all ran by gangsters than it is now. Organized crime was better at controlling crime back in the day than the mayor and police is now.

I always say that about Vegas

That’s horrible. Anyone know the number? Asking for a friend

One avenue in Queens is now an open line of brothels​

18 Jul 2023 ~~ By Jazz Shaw

What with all of the robberies, shootings, gang violence, and crazy people pushing subway riders onto the tracks, you might imagine that the NYPD wouldn’t be paying much attention to something like prostitution. And you would be correct. For a number of reasons, the world’s oldest profession has been “deprioritized” as a crime on the streets of New York. But that’s not because prostitution has gone away. In fact, just the opposite is the case. Roosevelt Avenue in the Corona neighborhood of Queens has turned into a mecca for brothels and the johns looking to patronize them. The situation has spiraled out of control to the point where prostitutes are displaying their wares in the middle of the day in front of other ostensibly more respectable businesses. The trade is drawing in children and has attracted the interest of human traffickers. The prostitution paradise is so brazen that they advertise on YouTube in multiple languages. And the locals are not at all happy about it. (NY Post)
~snip~
I don’t know how many times this needs to be repeated, but we’ll do it anyway. When you remove the disincentive for illegal activity, more of that activity will take place. If that rule isn’t somewhere in the Encyclopedia Brittanica, it really should be. The same applies to open-air illegal drug usage, shoplifting, or public defecation, or urination. When you stop enforcing the rules, someone will come along to break those rules. And New York is home to tens of millions of people. It won’t take long for those people to show up.
But even if the DAs reversed course and said they would prosecute prostitutes, that wouldn’t solve the problem anyway. There is an endless supply of migrant women and girls coming over the border every day and many of them head to New York. If you actually wanted to put a dent in this problem, you would track down and lock up the pimps and human traffickers who organize and profit from all of this. But apparently, that’s no longer “a priority” either.

Commentary:
Regretfully, New York City as become an open sewer thanks to Be Blasio and now the feckless and weak Mayor Adams..
Indeed, Roosevelt Ave. Corona Queens transitioned to a Spanish neighborhood decades ago. First it was a haven for Columbian narcotics dealers so the Mexican narco cartels have taken over and moved the girls from Queens Plaza area to Roosevelt Ave. Corona.
Meanwhile Flushing Queens has become Little Asia.
Glad those new illegals arriving coming in N.Y. have been able to find gainful employment so quickly.
The corruption will eventually if not already seeped deep into the Police Dept. and the politicians. They`ll be getting nice fat Christmas cards filled with cash coming from these brothels.

I'm okay with the idea of leftists in NYC getting AIDS, gonorrhea, and syphilis if that's what they want.

However, the human trafficking that is the inevitable result of Biden's open border needs to stop.

Your cutting out the government and they take exception to that.

Your cutting out the government and they take exception to that.

There's a simple enough solution.

Legalize it.
License it - which mean check them for diseases regularly, make sure they aren't being controlled by drugs or abused, and make sure they are consenting adults.

Then they have to report their income like everyone else does.

There's a simple enough solution.

Legalize it.
License it - which mean check them for diseases regularly, make sure they aren't being controlled by drugs or abused, and make sure they are consenting adults.

Then they have to report their income like everyone else does.
It's really hard to argue with the reasoning....
It's like anything else.... It has unintended consequences but in the end the ostensible solution to the problem is worse than the problem itself. Legalize it..... probably the only way to deal with it sanely.

Forum List

Back