On the Past Days

Gem said:
As for Greer disallowing evidence...he did, and has. The nurses that wanted to testify about the things they saw, Terri's "alertness" Michael Schiavos "abuses," were dismissed by Greer as being too "incredulous" to be believed.

It's statements like these that I am trying to get you to shore up with some actual evidence. If Greer dismissed testimony as incredulous, then he must have listened to it. If you actually have evidence that Greer arbitrarily disallowed witnesses, I find it hard to believe you would consider Greer's handling of the case as appropriate.

MissileMan said:
It's statements like these that I am trying to get you to shore up with some actual evidence. If Greer dismissed testimony as incredulous, then he must have listened to it. If you actually have evidence that Greer arbitrarily disallowed witnesses, I find it hard to believe you would consider Greer's handling of the case as appropriate.

I'm sure he listened. Judges today just have a habit of subordinating the actual facts to their personal political agendas . You know this.

rtwngAvngr said:
I'm sure he listened. Judges today just have a habit of subordinating their personal political agendas to the actual facts. You know this.

Well, on one hand you have doctors testify that she is vegetative and signs of awareness are merely reflexive and then you have one nurse testify Terry enjoys jello. Put yourself in the judges shoes and ask yourself who you would believe.

MissileMan said:
Well, on one hand you have doctors testify that she is vegetative and signs of awareness are merely reflexive and then you have one nurse testify Terry enjoys jello. Put yourself in the judges shoes and ask yourself who you would believe.

It's more than one nurse. Get educated, plebe.

dilloduck said:
Sorry mr. p-----you don't have the luxury of picking and choosing who responds to your post. If you have a personal question that is for Gem only I suggest using the PM function.

edit---and I took your advice and looked through a weeks worth of posts on this issue and all you said was the the government should butt out of this issue because it would be illegal to get involved.
I see no where that you have elaborated further so you are in no position to demand further explanation from anyone !
Bull...I've never said it was "ILLGAL" for the Gov. to get involved. Improper maybe, not illegal. Show me. If I said that I was mistaken..maybe. That is another debate though.
And your suggestion about PMs is appreciated, but not asked for so...well you know. :rolleyes:

This is my last response to you on this subject Dillo..your confrontational approach to what you term a conversation is very old and I'm not biting.

rtwngAvngr said:
It's more than one nurse. Get educated, plebe.

Link testimony from more than one nurse feeding her jello and saying she enjoyed it very much.

Mr. P said:
Bull...I've never said it was "ILLGAL" for the Gov. to get involved. Improper maybe, not illegal. Show me. If I said that I was mistaken..maybe. That is another debate though.
And your suggestion about PMs is appreciated, but not asked for so...well you know. :rolleyes:

This is my last response to you on this subject Dillo..your confrontational approach to what you term a conversation is very old and I'm not biting.

Hey p, you're boyfriend ReillyT is around.

Cripes... There's only 4 corners in a room, and 3 of them should be taken by now.

Anyone else want the 4th?

:funnyface:

MissileMan,

Usually I roll my eyes when a person on a message board refuses to post links to back up their comments stating that if a responder is interested they should do the research themselves...it seems to me that if a person cares enough about talking about the issue they should be able to back it up with links themselves.

However, in this particular case...I HAVE posted links, NUMEROUS ones...to everything I have spoken about in this thread...why haven't you read any of them? Clicked on some of them? Or looked up any of this information yourself since you are so darned interested in talking about it?

All of this information is so easily attainable, it seems odd to me that you appear to be so unwilling to look for it...but for the sake of discussion, below you will find some links to the affidavit of the nurses, an article about doctors who disagree with the original doctors medical testimony...and a link showing that Judge Greer did look over the affidavitt of the nurse and then refused to allow it to be heard on the basis that he found it to be "incredulous."

As I said, I do not think that Greer did anything legally improper by not allowing the testimony to be heard...only that he did not allow evidence to be entered that might have changed some opinions about the woman in question. The Congress felt that there was enough of this type of evidence to ask the Federal court to hear the case with all of the new evidence that was not included in any of the previous cases...the federal court said no. And there you have it.

Heidi Law's Affidavit:
http://www.terrisfight.org/documents/hlawaffidavit.htm

Carla Iyer's Affidavit:
http://www.terrisfight.org/documents/CIyerAffidavit090203.htm

Judge Greer's reasoning for dismissing the nurses' affidavits, as well as several medical affidavits:
http://abstractappeal.com/schiavo/trialctorder0903.pdf

An article which discusses the orginal doctor and several neurologists with opposing opinions:
http://www.nationalreview.com/mccarthy/mccarthy200503281208.asp

Mr. P said:

It's tough to admit that you've got an opinion but are unable to back it up. You claimed the evidence has been posted---I looked and it's not. This style is very similar to a dude named Bully something. but I'm still open to anything further you have to add the this discussion other than the "BUTT OUT" defense.

how come the people that want her to live post all the pictures of when she was hot.....and all the people that want her to die post stills of her with that "duh" look on her face?

also if she can't feel pain why are they giving her morphine?

manu1959 said:
how come the people that want her to live post all the pictures of when she was hot.....and all the people that want her to die post stills of her with that "duh" look on her face?

also if she can't feel pain why are they giving her morphine?

The one reason I heard was to "help ease her breathing" which doesn't make any sense either. It may be whoever is managing the case is administering it to give people the impression that they are sympathetic to her. They may also think it somehow reassures her parents.

dilloduck said:
It may be whoever is managing the case is administering it to give people the impression that they are sympathetic to her.

That ploy has been used in this case to the extent it is laughable. Throw a little pap to the idiots to let them know we are good people. We care about Terri. Yeah, sure. :puke3:

Last summer a couple of horses were removed from a farm outside our town because they were starving. Law enforcement officers went to the farm and removed the animals to the local animal shelter, where they were cared for and brought back to health. These two horses received far more care and compassion than Terri Schiavo. Law enforcement was allowed to remove them from certain death by starvation. Too bad the same could not have been done for Terri, who had the potential to be rehabilitated, according to doctors--experts in the field--who examined her for several hours, as opposed to Dr. Cranford's 45 minutes.

Mr. Bush Claims to be in favor of the sancitity of marriage. He believes so strongly in this that he seeks to limit the institution to soley a man and a women. However, in this case it would seem that the marriage is not that sacred a union. Teri's husband is trying to carry out her wishes but the state, the same which claims to respect marriage, will not let her husband carry out her final instructions. I must ask...which is it?

Huckleburry said:
Mr. Bush Claims to be in favor of the sancitity of marriage. He believes so strongly in this that he seeks to limit the institution to soley a man and a women. However, in this case it would seem that the marriage is not that sacred a union. Teri's husband is trying to carry out her wishes but the state, the same which claims to respect marriage, will not let her husband carry out her final instructions. I must ask...which is it?

1. The courts determined based on hearsay what her wishes were.

2. The value of the marriage vow was obviously demeaned by michael himself when he moved on with his life.

Consider yourself destroyed, as usual.

Where ya been, commie boy?

Huckleburry said:
Politics...pure politics..If this was his first term he wouldn't have my vote for a second..HE'S BLOWEN IT!!! Damn!!

Mr. P said:
Politics...pure politics..If this was his first term he wouldn't have my vote for a second..HE'S BLOWEN IT!!! Damn!!

When you are a lame duck and can never run again per the Constitution you don't worry too much about whether you have the vote of your constituency any longer.

Gee whiz, Kathianne, you really seem nervous today. Relax. With our President Bush at the helm, we have nothing to worry about. So calm down and enjoy life! President Bush knows what he's doing!

Forum List

Back