On the Past Days

no1tovote4 said:
This morning on the radio I heard some woman comparing the policemen who are keeping people out of the Hospice to Nazis.

I couldn't help thinking of the fact that if this was Hitler's Germany she would have been killed immediately regardless of her or her family's wishes. If they complained at all they would have been killed too. There would be no people talking about any rights as this would not have hit the news, if it did the reporter that printed such an article and the editor that allowed it to be put into print would have also been killed. The cops would not be there to insure that nobody illegally entered a Hospice they would be there to kill any and all protestors. There would be no arrest and release orders from the courts as the courts would not have been consulted in any way.

I think there should be some sort of moratorium on comparing anybody to anything nazi, people that say these things have no idea what they are really comparing.

if this was nazi germany all the protesters would be in labour camps taking showers.....

too dumb to know it....these people don't even have a box to put their rocks in

no1tovote4 said:
This morning on the radio I heard some woman comparing the policemen who are keeping people out of the Hospice to Nazis.

I couldn't help thinking of the fact that if this was Hitler's Germany she would have been killed immediately regardless of her or her family's wishes. If they complained at all they would have been killed too. There would be no people talking about any rights as this would not have hit the news, if it did the reporter that printed such an article and the editor that allowed it to be put into print would have also been killed. The cops would not be there to insure that nobody illegally entered a Hospice they would be there to kill any and all protestors. There would be no arrest and release orders from the courts as the courts would not have been consulted in any way.

I think there should be some sort of moratorium on comparing anybody to anything nazi, people that say these things have no idea what they are really comparing.

people used to compare people to the devil but secularists can't do that :laugh:

manu1959 said:
how do you define something you can not see?

The same way that you define dark, it is the absence of something. Evil could be defined as the absence of good and the Devil as pure evil. Where there is no good, there you will find the Devil.

no1tovote4 said:
The same way that you define dark, it is the absence of something. Evil could be defined as the absence of good and the Devil as pure evil. Where there is no good, there you will find the Devil.

sounds liberal to me.....defining something by not being the other thing but having no real defineable position of your own....

manu1959 said:
sounds liberal to me.....defining something by not being the other thing but having no real defineable position of your own....

Define "Dark". Or describe the taste of something to me. We define many things that way.

manu1959 said:
dark is the the complete and total saturation of all that exisits

Saturation? With what? There is no definable position here.

Dark is the absence of light, plain and simple.

SmarterThanYou said:
state laws can NEVER come into conflict with the bill of rights. I say NEVER. That is because the state is bound by and governed by the bill of rights like all the other states of this union. If a law is written that is in conflict with the bill of rights then that law is ruled unconstitutional.

Not necessarily. Which state laws were stricken from the books when Roe vs. Wade became the law of the land? Are state constitutions re-written every time the Ninth Circuit Court forces Anytown, USA to take down a Ten Commandments display?

SmarterThanYou said:
There is no conflict with the bill of rights in this case.

On the contrary, I think the right not to be deprived of life without due process of law was probably uppermost in the founders' minds when they wrote the Bill of Rights.

musicman said:
On the contrary, I think the right not to be deprived of life without due process of law was probably uppermost in the founders' minds when they wrote the Bill of Rights.

I still don't think it's right to insinuate that due process can't occur at the state level.

MissileMan said:
I still don't think it's right to insinuate that due process can't occur at the state level.

Who on earth did that? Plausible doubt existed here, that's all.

musicman said:
Not necessarily. Which state laws were stricken from the books when Roe vs. Wade became the law of the land? Are state constitutions re-written every time the Ninth Circuit Court forces Anytown, USA to take down a Ten Commandments display?
what relevance does this have? You're talking about federal intervention into states rights via the court with R v W. The state of florida or texas or washington gets every single one of their laws run through the gambit to make sure it coincides with the constitution by idiot groups like the ACLU and judicialwatch.

musicman said:
according to some history of the 14th amendment, it was written to prevent southern states from having seperate codes for blacks after the civil war. It was not written by the founders for purposes such as what we are dealing with now. The right to life is secured through the bill of rights, which is the first ten amendments.

Forum List

Back