On March 18, 2012, Mitt Romney Had 599 Delegates, With No Talk Of A Brokered Convention

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
Waiting on the Cowardly Dante!!
Trump with 100 or so MORE delegates than McRomney had on the same day in 2012, and the FECKLESS ESTABLISHMENT Republicans said SHIT about it!

It's far from an exact comparison, due to primaries being on different dates and a lower threshold of 1144 Delegates required to 1237. However, there were four candidates on March 18, 2012 (Romney, Santorum, Gingrich and Paul (Ron). As I recall, the talk from Republicans was of Romney's inevitability. Fast forward to today, Trump has 678 + 14 former Rubio delegates just assigned to him from Alaska, yet all the talk is of a Brokered Convention. Funny how the Republican Party was happy to support an unapologetic Pro-Amnesty, Pro Obamacare, Global Warming True Believer, labeling him a "Conservative", even though McRomney called himself a MODERATE with Progressive ideas in order to win the Governorship of Mass. in 2002!

You make a good point, Vigilante. And yes, it hurts my butt to say that. :D

I think the reason a brokered convention is more talked about this time around is because no one took Trump seriously from the beginning and no one expected him to make it this far.

By the time everyone realized Trump is a real force, it was too late, and now their only hope is a brokered convention. It's a Hail Mary pass.

Romney was more palatable, and so the rank and file and the Establishment did not feel as threatened by the chance of him winning the nomination.

Lindsey Graham was right when he said "My party has gone bat shit crazy" I could have told you the right was crazy a long time before he did.

Yep. Nothing but calls to get behind Romney. And after the election, the Establishment blamed the beating Romney took in the primaries as the reason he lost the general election.

Oh how their song has changed when their candidates are being taken out like the trash.

Lindsey Graham was right when he said "My party has gone bat shit crazy" I could have told you the right was crazy a long time before he did.
The person who was batshit crazy in 2012 was Newt Gingrich. He sounded like a damn marxist the way he attacked Romney for being rich.

Romney was the establishment yes man so it didn't matter to them then. Now...........not so much........

I have no idea why so much time is being spent on this.
If Trump has 50% of the delegates plus one he gets the nomination
if he doesn't then we go through the process.

Trump is wrong in thinking that as we approach the date of the convention
and he has a lead the nomination is his.....

Sorry buddy.
Unless it changes now it's 50% of the delegates plus one.

You make a good point, Vigilante. And yes, it hurts my butt to say that. :D

I think the reason a brokered convention is more talked about this time around is because no one took Trump seriously from the beginning and no one expected him to make it this far.

By the time everyone realized Trump is a real force, it was too late, and now their only hope is a brokered convention. It's a Hail Mary pass.

Romney was more palatable, and so the rank and file and the Establishment did not feel as threatened by the chance of him winning the nomination.

Romney wasn't more palatable...he was their guy.

The GOP has structured the primary process so that it favors the moderate. Now the conservative wing has caught on, and are backing their own moderate, not the Establishment preferred moderate that those structural advantages were intended to benefit...and all hell has broken loose.

The Establishment only wants to give us the illusion of choice...and they have now verified it in the face of this anti-establishment conflagration.

Romney was the establishment yes man so it didn't matter to them then. Now...........not so much........

Really? because the way I remember it, the establishment tries to throw each asmd ever candidate they could to stop Romney.

None of them were more popular though

You know what I find hilarious? The nomination on the GOP side, because for years the GOP has continually said it is the Dems that do the dirty politics, but in this case, it's the GOP playing dirty politics with themselves.

Trump is running against a THIRD TERM of this Manchurian muslim, this time the muslim is wearing an orange pants suit!

BP1DfRk.jpg

The person who was batshit crazy in 2012 was Newt Gingrich. He sounded like a damn marxist the way he attacked Romney for being rich.

That remark wasn't made in 2012 about Romney. It was made three weeks ago about Trump and Cruz being the only two viable republican candidates.

Really? because the way I remember it, the establishment tries to throw each asmd ever candidate they could to stop Romney.

Contraire mon frère, that was those pesky voters defying the will of the establishment. The establishment was demanding we back the front-runner "for the good of the party".

Mitt Romney, establishment candidate

By Aaron Blake December 19, 2011

In case you’ve missed it, the fire hose of Mitt Romney endorsements has begun, and we wouldn’t count on it stopping.

All these endorsements have made it pretty clear – if it wasn’t already – that Romney is the favored candidate of the Republican Party establishment.​

Last edited:
  • BREAKING: The KISS OF DEATH for poor Ted......Mitt Romney endorses Ted Cruz for President in all remaining primaries
    Facebook ^
    This week, in the Utah nominating caucus, I will vote for Senator Ted Cruz. Today, there is a contest between Trumpism and Republicanism. Through the calculated statements of its leader, Trumpism has become associated with racism, misogyny, bigotry, xenophobia, vulgarity and, most recently, threats and violence. I am repulsed by each and every one of these. The only path that remains to nominate a Republican rather than Mr. Trump is to have an open convention. At this stage, the only way we can reach an open convention is for Senator Cruz to be successful in as many of the remaining...

Trump with 100 or so MORE delegates than McRomney had on the same day in 2012, and the FECKLESS ESTABLISHMENT Republicans said SHIT about it!
Just shows you what an A-hole Trump is. Try and keep up.
Always leave it to Kommierad to insert shit where it's laughed at! :ahole-1:
Sorry, forgot that was your province.

You stepped in it Again.... NOW BESIDE BEING KNOWN AS A SHITHEAD, YOU ALSO SMELL LIKE ONE!

I remember being pissed because he was chosen...............Romney Care was a noose around his neck. I voted for him, but he was still a loser and the establishment pick that gave us 4 more years of the prick we have now.

Forum List

Back