Newt To Force Brokered Convention So Palin Can Enter And Take Nomination From Mitt

Sarah would have made a good VP She still would make a good VP. But she would make a better Senator. She will not be a candidate this year.

And Jeb Bush will not be a candidate this year.

Simply won't happen. Not his time and may never be his time.

I'm fairly certain we'll see Romney take the candidacy, and the sooner the better.....

My,my there sure is a lot of speculation on this and very little facts.

Yup. That's what happens when people are searching for a savior. Conspiracy ideas abound. I can see how her name would pop up, given the fact that she semi-endorsed Newt and the fact that Newt refuses to do the smart thing and bow out. Not to mention the fact that she just won't go away.

Too funny.

Yup. That's what happens when people are searching for a savior. Conspiracy ideas abound. I can see how her name would pop up, given the fact that she semi-endorsed Newt and the fact that Newt refuses to do the smart thing and bow out. Not to mention the fact that she just won't go away.

Too funny.

why should she go away? She was a candidate for Vice President..I think she has every right to speak on things..
I know I'd like Bill Clinton to go away, but I'll be damned if he doesn't pop up..Now I hear he will be campaigning with Obama..how lucky can we get..:lol:
And what's with this "savior" bull..

Last edited:

Too funny.

why should she go away? She was a candidate for Vice President..I think she has every right to speak on things..
I know I'd like Bill Clinton to go away, but I'll be damned if he doesn't pop up..Now I hear he will be campaigning with Obama..how lucky can we get..:lol:

Well, I'll expand a bit.

I'm a First Amendment purist, so indeed, she has every right to say whatever she wants as often as she wants. So I'll add "for the good of her party." Outside of providing her standard, simplistic, platitude-drenched red meat for the hardcore right wing, I really don't think she's an asset to the party. Quite the opposite. And I have absolutely no doubt that many of the more pragmatic people in her party would love to see her go moose hunting until, say, mid November.

And yeah, I think most (intellectually honest) Republicans would admit they'd like a savior to swoop in and save the party from this group. Many of them have been quite outspoken about it, so I don't think this is a big secret.

Last edited:

Too funny.

Well, I'll expand a bit.

I'm a First Amendment purist, so indeed, she has every right to say whatever she wants as often as she wants. So I'll add "for the good of her party." Outside of providing her standard, simplistic, platitude-drenched red meat for the hardcore right wing, I really don't think she's an asset to the party. Quite the opposite. And I have absolutely no doubt that many of the more pragmatic people in her party would love to see her go moose hunting until, say, mid November.

And yeah, I think most (intellectually honest) Republicans would admit they'd like a savior to swoop in and save the party from this group. Many of them have been quite outspoken about it, so I don't think this is a big secret.

oh well, your opinion..
I guess we need more politicians to speak like this.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQNkVmdicvA]Obama Claiming He Can Halt the Rise of the Oceans - YouTube[/ame]

the way I see it, Palin speaks to the people on their level...Not speaking ABOVE them with dumb sayings like the one I posted.

Too funny.

Well since were throwing out silly conspiracy theories has anyone considered the reason Newt is staying in the race is to split the vote of those who consider themselves strongly conservative thus giving Romney the path to the nomination because he would have the best chance to defeat Obama in the general election? There are no facts to back this up either but since were just throwing stuff out there any thoughts.

Too funny.

Well since were throwing out silly conspiracy theories has anyone considered the reason Newt is staying in the race is to split the vote of those who consider themselves strongly conservative thus giving Romney the path to the nomination because he would have the best chance to defeat Obama in the general election? There are no facts to back this up either but since were just throwing stuff out there any thoughts.

Yeah, that's possible too. I'd think the strongest possibility, though, is that Newt's massive ego is completely blinding him to the fact that he'll never be President.

The woman is clever and smart.

Yes, and no. She is a brilliant opportunist in the sense of being able to leverage the emotions of her party. This definitely requires skill and the Left should give her credit. She has game.

However, she is functionally illiterate when it comes to policy and history. Granted, she would be surrounded by policy advisors in the White House. She would make very few decisions. But she doesn't even have Reagan's policy knowledge, and Reagan was notorious for being under-informed on complicated issues. He was a brilliant leader. He was a brilliant politician. He knew how to move people - and this cannot be underestimated. In fact, it is arguably more important to find a leader who can move people than a wonkish nerd like Carter (who wrote serious policy papers but could not lead people. FYI: had Reagan tried like Carter to get us off foreign oil, this country would have been saved from what is going to be a very hard landing).

Palin fails the most basic intellectual requirements of the job, despite the fact that she has a wider skill set that is quite impressive and not acknowledged by the Left.

Ron Paul seems to be the only person on the Right that is not a servant of Big Government Conservatism. He is the only guy who wants to stop bankrupting our children and grandchildren with the costs of running the globe. He understands that Washington can't control everything, and when it tries - bad things happen.

The Right has always trusted Washington too much. This is why they gave it the power to remake the Greater Middle East. Their trust in government bankrupted us. When will they learn? Washington can't run a laundromat on budget, but they want Wahsington to rebuild the Arab world. Reagan did the same thing. He talked about small government, but in the back room he created an uber-Pentagon which is now bankrupting us. He tried to control South America and the Middle East militarily (so he could build a global market system on behalf of the transnationals who funded his ascendancy). . . but, sadly, the bills are coming due and we can no longer afford the tax burden of stabilizing the 3rd world (so large corporations can have access to cheap materials and sweatshop labor).

We are finally bumping into Ronnie's borrowed against future; the tax burden of a militarily stabilized global capitalism - especially when you factor in how much it costs to stabilize the Mideast - is killing us. We have to rebuild this country, not Iraq. And now the wingers want to bomb Iran . . . which will lead to a costly rebuilding/stabilization. When will Republicans learn? Washington is not competent enough to control, or rebuild, or police, or improve the world. If you give it more money and power, Washington will only make things worse.

Attention GOP Voters: stop giving Washington so much money and power to control world events. Stop trusting Big Government so much. We know Dems like to control the world, but we need you to do the opposite because that is your traditional role.

We can no longer afford your faith in Big Government.

(Don't you get it? Reagan used the Cold War as a context to put military bases around the globe. He did this in order to stabilize the market system, which increasingly benefited a smaller and smaller number of Americans. In the old America, when productivity rose, so did the American standard of living. Wages tracked economic growth. In the new Reaganized global model, when productivity goes up, wages and benefits remain stagnant. Only the profits of a few go up, and they go up wildly. Wages no longer track economic growth. This was the point of the global system. To give capital access to cheap labor, so large corporations didn't have to share their gains with workers in this country. Of course, when the system was initially put in place there was a problem. How would Americans consume if their wages didn't keep up with inflation? Answer: credit cards and household debt. It worked for a while. . . but we broke the bank. Game over.)

Last edited:
Sarah would have made a good VP She still would make a good VP. But she would make a better Senator. She will not be a candidate this year.

I'm fairly certain we'll see Romney take the candidacy, and the sooner the better.....

If Romney's the nominee, for the first time in my life, I'll vote for the Democrat for President.

Interesting..

Maybe that was the reason for that dumb HBO movie..

The reason for that "dumb" movie was simple. The book was a best seller. Did you read it? Did you even bother to watch the film?

I read the book and in the 2.5 years since it was published NOT ONE SINGLE DUMBASS REPUBLICAN has been able to challenge its veracity....Example: Sarah Palin really did think Africa was a country and she wanted to meet the president.

If Romney's the nominee, for the first time in my life, I'll vote for the Democrat for President.

Somehow I have a hard time believing that you have never voted for a Democrat.

And, for the first time in mine, I'll vote GOP. Go figure.

Somehow I have a hard time believing that you have never voted for a Democrat.

He just 'hates' Romney.... not for any valid reason... other than he's butthurt that Gingrich isn't the Chosen One. :lol: He likes corrupt and amoral politicians... he should vote Dem.

Forum List

Back