On his first day in office, Trump broke 34 promises

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
The new president made 36 promises about his first day, but kept only two of them.

Before being inaugurated president on Friday, Donald Trump promised many things (663, to be exact). Many of those promises are things he said would be done on his first day in office. According to a ThinkProgress analysis of Trump’s public statements, 36 of them, he said, would be done or start on his first day.

Now, 24 hours after Trump took the Oath of Office, he can safely say he kept two of those promises, and broke or ignored 34.

First Hour Promises
Then-candidate Trump made several pledges about the first paper he would sign, as well as what would he would do his first minute and first hour as president. He kept none of them.

“These international gangs of thugs and drug cartels will be, I promise you from the first day in office, the first thing I’m going to do, the first piece of paper I’m going to sign is we are going to get rid of these people day one,” Trump said on the campaign trail in August 2016. In October 2015, Trumpsaid about Obama’s immigration deferred action executive action initiatives, “the first minute in office I will countersign and revoke those executive orders.” He vowed to move 2 million “criminal aliens” out of the country “my first hour in office,” in August 2016. The following month, Trump said he would “give a mandate to everybody, including the local police,” to get the “bad ones” out of the country, also in the first hour.

Trump’s first bills and executive orders, signed in the Capitol minutes after being inaugurated, focused on none of these things. He officially nominated members of his cabinet, proclaimed a “National Day of Patriotism,” and waived a legal requirement that retired Gen. James Mattis be out of the military for seven years before taking over civilian leadership at the Pentagon. Trump’s administration also quickly revoked a cut in fee rates for federally-backed mortgages, something that was both unexpected and not anything he promised or spoke about before taking office.

Much More: On his first day in office, Trump broke 34 promises

Trump speaks with forked tongue. Gee, what a surprise...

The new president made 36 promises about his first day, but kept only two of them.

Before being inaugurated president on Friday, Donald Trump promised many things (663, to be exact). Many of those promises are things he said would be done on his first day in office. According to a ThinkProgress analysis of Trump’s public statements, 36 of them, he said, would be done or start on his first day.

Now, 24 hours after Trump took the Oath of Office, he can safely say he kept two of those promises, and broke or ignored 34.

First Hour Promises
Then-candidate Trump made several pledges about the first paper he would sign, as well as what would he would do his first minute and first hour as president. He kept none of them.

“These international gangs of thugs and drug cartels will be, I promise you from the first day in office, the first thing I’m going to do, the first piece of paper I’m going to sign is we are going to get rid of these people day one,” Trump said on the campaign trail in August 2016. In October 2015, Trumpsaid about Obama’s immigration deferred action executive action initiatives, “the first minute in office I will countersign and revoke those executive orders.” He vowed to move 2 million “criminal aliens” out of the country “my first hour in office,” in August 2016. The following month, Trump said he would “give a mandate to everybody, including the local police,” to get the “bad ones” out of the country, also in the first hour.

Trump’s first bills and executive orders, signed in the Capitol minutes after being inaugurated, focused on none of these things. He officially nominated members of his cabinet, proclaimed a “National Day of Patriotism,” and waived a legal requirement that retired Gen. James Mattis be out of the military for seven years before taking over civilian leadership at the Pentagon. Trump’s administration also quickly revoked a cut in fee rates for federally-backed mortgages, something that was both unexpected and not anything he promised or spoke about before taking office.

images.jpg

meh - Monday is the first real work day

I will be more than happy to discuss his promises Tuesday morning

and I wouldn't worry if I were you - we WILL be making America great again

it will take a little time though; Barry Hussein Obama did a lot of damage...

Trump is a lying snake...Nothing that comes out of that pie hole is honest or truthful.

Trump is also fomenting hate:

Tracking the explosion of hate in Trump’s America
The only hate is being perpetrated by liberals.The violent leftist protesters yesterday and the women's march today is an perfect example.

You could be right. Those women hate his guts. He has a hard few years ahead of him, and I expect him to take his spoiled ass and go home. He's not capable of dealing with the job.

Trump is a psycho and pathological liar. His skin is thinner than paper. He won't survive. Trump has achieved the Peter Principle. Trump has reached his level of incompetence. Actually, thanks to retarded voters, Trump was promoted many levels above his competence to a job in which he has absolutely no experience. It's like a carpenter being promoted to brain surgeon.

The Peter principle is a concept in management theory formulated by Laurence J. Peter and published in 1969. It states that the selection of a candidate for a position is based on the candidate's performance in their current role, rather than on abilities relevant to the intended role. Thus, employees only stop being promoted once they can no longer perform effectively, and "managers rise to the level of their incompetence."

Peter principle - Wikipedia

Trump is a psycho and pathological liar. His skin is thinner than paper. He won't survive. Trump has achieved the Peter Principle. Trump has reached his level of incompetence. Actually, thanks to retarded voters, Trump was promoted many levels above his competence to a job in which he has absolutely no experience. It's like a carpenter being promoted to brain surgeon.

The Peter principle is a concept in management theory formulated by Laurence J. Peter and published in 1969. It states that the selection of a candidate for a position is based on the candidate's performance in their current role, rather than on abilities relevant to the intended role. Thus, employees only stop being promoted once they can no longer perform effectively, and "managers rise to the level of their incompetence."

Peter principle - Wikipedia

And it got you where ?

First Hour Promises

Trump also went against ACA on his first day, an act I never expected to see. Compared to any other president in recent or other history, I'd say is a pretty bold move. This is from a non trump voter, and I have to say I'm impressed.

If what the OP states is their standard of victory, then they will lose a lot of ground with a lot of precedence...be CONSISTENT, in what you want. If you are people will listen, which should be you're ultimate goal in blogging. And you'll actually be able to find middle ground with people you totally disagree with. The question is, do you haven the maturity to get to that point

You don't listen well. He had already stated the work would be started on Monday, seeing as the inauguration fell on Friday.

First Hour Promises

You don't listen well. He had already stated the work would be started on Monday, seeing as the inauguration fell on Friday.

First Hour Promises

Shiiiiiit, you expect pocahantas here to actually pay attention to what people say? Expect 4 years of incessant whining from this crowd.

Forum List

Back