On Grover Norquist

Grover Norqust on Chris Matthews. 4PM PDT; 7PM EDT, today July 18, 2011.

You bumped this month-old thread to shill for the Leg Tingler, but you refuse to answer Harry's post? :lol:

Harry wrote:

"Wry you can make all the excuses for this guy you want......the Gov. and the Legislature could have stood up for these people...THEY DID NOT.....you can call the Republicans heartless Bastards when they do this,and as far as i am concerned,when they do it,they are.....but when the Democrats do it,you had better say they are too.....because when they do it too....they are just as heartless....and like i said.....i have not seen ANY type of statements of Remorse from Brown or anyone else......they are all a bunch of rat fucking bastards........ ".

Is there a question here I missed? If so I'll happily respond even though the thread was premised on Grover Norquist and not Gov. Brown.
I didn't say he asked a question, did I? You don't have an opinion on his post?
If you or he wish to debate what's going on in CA I'll be happy to engage you (of course only if you refrain from name calling and other childish behavior) on another thread.

"On Grover Norquist" is timely. GN is a leader of what has become a movement driving the Republican Party today. He explains his ideology (not very well IMO) tonight on Chris Matthews. Never, however, does he consider the consequences of a government default. For someone with so much power he is quite inarticulate.
Who decided Norquist was a leader of the GOP?

Oh, good Gaea -- you're letting a HuffPo commenter do your thinking for you.
“Is Grover Norquist the leader of the Republican Party? I think so.”​
:lol:

Grover Norquist is a lobbyist. He has more influence over the Republican party than any one person in the nation.

Put 2 and 2 together.

Can you back that up, or should I just treat it like everything else you post?

It's indisputable that he's a lobbyist.

If you dispute that he has more influence over the Republican Party than any one person in the nation,

by all means, name someone with more influence and we'll debate from there.

Grover Norquist is a lobbyist. He has more influence over the Republican party than any one person in the nation.

Put 2 and 2 together.

If you dispute that he has more influence over the Republican Party than any one person in the nation,

I should just treat it like the rest of the crap you post then.

Put 2 and 2 together.

You made an assertion. YOU back it up.

NOTE: "Because I say so!!" isn't sufficient corroboration, even if you stamp your feet and pout.

NOTE: "Because I say so!!" isn't sufficient corroboration, even if you stamp your feet and pout.

Well, it looks as if Grover Norquist, the puppet master, is now out of the closet - so to speak - and his influence over the radical Republicans and RINO's is now exposed. Not that the echo chamber will cease with their denials - fact never supersedes faith with that crowd.

Of course Jabba, err, Limbaugh the hut remains the titular head of the Republican Party as Boehner demonstrated today by humbleing himself before El Rusho.

My goal is to cut government in half in twenty-five years, to get it down to the size where we can drown it in the bathtub.
Grover Norquist

Read more: Grover Norquist Quotes - BrainyQuote

Discuss
As a one-liner, it sounds GREAT, and I agree with it!

HOWEVER, I'd have to see how he actually behaves and what he actually believes IN DETAIL before I get on board with him.

Well, it looks as if Grover Norquist, the puppet master, is now out of the closet - so to speak - and his influence over the radical Republicans and RINO's is now exposed. Not that the echo chamber will cease with their denials - fact never supersedes faith with that crowd.

Of course Jabba, err, Limbaugh the hut remains the titular head of the Republican Party as Boehner demonstrated today by humbleing himself before El Rusho.
I repeat: "Because I say so!!" isn't sufficient corroboration, even if you stamp your feet and pout.

Too bad that's all you've got.

The more one knows about Grover Norquist the more likely one is to become a liberal.

Norquist might be an idiot, but I can hold up plenty of idiot liberals as examples of why everyone should be a conservative. You would definitely be on the list.

Norquist is no idiot, but he has massive influence. He's part of the corruption of the Republican party. Rather than fiscal conservatism, Republicans have adopted Grover's "not-one-inch-of-tax-cuts" philosophy.

Here's Bill Clinton, actual fiscal conservative, calling out Grover.

I've been following Norquist for quite some time..when he was just considered a loon with his "Starve the Beast" crappola until now when he's got over 200 traitors to the United States Constitution signed up to his pledge sitting in congress.

Grover Norquist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He's never really done anything to acquire wealth..he was born into it. And he supports generational wealth..and generational poverty.

In other words...he's into Plutocracy..or Conservatism.

I've been following Norquist for quite some time..when he was just considered a loon with his "Starve the Beast" crappola until now when he's got over 200 traitors to the United States Constitution signed up to his pledge sitting in congress.

He's never really done anything to acquire wealth..he was born into it. And he supports generational wealth..and generational poverty.

The hyperbole is thick here.

"traitors to the . . . Constitution" ???

Oh brother.

The hyperbole is thick here.

"traitors to the . . . Constitution" ???

Oh brother.

So signing a pledge that circumvents one of the duties of congress, outlined in the United States Constitution..is what..a good thing?

Sorry dude. I don't want anyone on either side of the aisle signing any screwy pledges.

Their obligation is to uphold and protect the Constitution.

Are they pledged to the people of the US or Grover Norquist?

which one do they say the pledge to and mean it?

Forum List

Back