On Grover Norquist

No government with a standing military of 1.4 million, and certainly no government with over 800,000 people holding "TOP secret Security clearance" is every apt ot be small enough to drown in a bathtub.

When the GOP gets real about reducing the military and intelligence services, then and ONLY then will I believe that the GOP really wants a SMALLER government.

If I didn't know what a partisan you are I would put this comment down as one of the more ignorant I've read - and spending time on this message board where ignorance is commonplace that says alot.

But maybe I've judged you too soon or unfairly, I suppose you might have some evidence for your opinon on Gov. Browns attack on women's health, the aged and infirm. Please share it and I'll offer a humble and sincere mea culpa.

geezus you live in this State and your news up there did not show this stuff?....

Disabled Fight Jerry Brown’s Budget | HHS Network CA

Santa Maria adult care center hopes to survive budget cuts

State budget cuts hit close to home - San Bernardino County Sun

Santa Cruz adult health day care centers threatened by Medi-Cal cuts - San Jose Mercury News

Jerry Brown Budget Cuts | California budget: Gov. Jerry Brown approves cuts to services for poor, sick and elderly - Los Angeles Times

he could have stood up for these people and refused to cut things for them.....just left things for them as they are.....but he did not.....we the healthy can take a hit here or there.....these people have a hard enough time as it is.....

It's father's day, I was out with the family, a BBQ in Sonoma, so this is my first opportunity to respond. Suggesting Gov. Brown is callous like the New Right is way disingenuous; Brown needs to cut across the board because the Republican caucus has witheld support for putting to the voters a plan to continue taxes passed three years ago. The cuts you've highlighted are but a sample of what will be cut if the Repulican caucus continues to a act irresponsibly.

In effect he is allowing the people of CA & across the nation to see the consequences of the GOP and Tea Party's plan to 'fix' in one year a problem created over decades. If the GOP leadership in Congress pursues such a plan the consequences will assure the GOP's place as a once great party which overreached and disappeared as a major player in American politics. That is not good for America, I hope saner minds than those we saw at last monday's debate prevail.

bullshit.....the Healthy amongst us can take a cutback or two....some of these people have more problems than any of us can relate too.....this guy just made their problems worse.....i dont need help taking a shit....a guy who steers his wheelchair with his tongue does....he could have stood up for these people and said that we the healthy will take the burden of the cuts....these people will stay as the were....no cuts but no increases......and i accept your apology...

geezus you live in this State and your news up there did not show this stuff?....

Santa Cruz adult health day care centers threatened by Medi-Cal cuts - San Jose Mercury News

Jerry Brown Budget Cuts | California budget: Gov. Jerry Brown approves cuts to services for poor, sick and elderly - Los Angeles Times

he could have stood up for these people and refused to cut things for them.....just left things for them as they are.....but he did not.....we the healthy can take a hit here or there.....these people have a hard enough time as it is.....

It's father's day, I was out with the family, a BBQ in Sonoma, so this is my first opportunity to respond. Suggesting Gov. Brown is callous like the New Right is way disingenuous; Brown needs to cut across the board because the Republican caucus has witheld support for putting to the voters a plan to continue taxes passed three years ago. The cuts you've highlighted are but a sample of what will be cut if the Repulican caucus continues to a act irresponsibly.

In effect he is allowing the people of CA & across the nation to see the consequences of the GOP and Tea Party's plan to 'fix' in one year a problem created over decades. If the GOP leadership in Congress pursues such a plan the consequences will assure the GOP's place as a once great party which overreached and disappeared as a major player in American politics. That is not good for America, I hope saner minds than those we saw at last monday's debate prevail.

bullshit.....the Healthy amongst us can take a cutback or two....some of these people have more problems than any of us can relate too.....this guy just made their problems worse.....i dont need help taking a shit....a guy who steers his wheelchair with his tongue does....he could have stood up for these people and said that we the healthy will take the burden of the cuts....these people will stay as the were....no cuts but no increases......and i accept your apology...

You continue to be partisan and disingenuous. Not only those "deadbeats" (as your kind likes to characterize anyone with needs) but quality of life issues stand to be cut by ideology and cowardice. The Republican caucus is layered with "yes men and women" whose number one priority is their own job security.

Beaches, parks, police and fire, teachers, the number of school days, the cost of higher education, road repair, etc. etc. will be cut not because the Governor is evil or callous but because the constitution requires a balanced budget. His predecessors, three of the most recent four being Republicans, kicked the can down the road while borrowing, raiding local governments and special districts of their operating funds and budgetary tricks.

Gov. Brown's effort to bring sanity to an insane process should be applauded not damned, Seeking bi-partisan solutions is simply not possible when the other side lacks the character to do the correct thing; threatened by the New Right (Grover Norquist/Tea Party) Republicans in the Senate and Assembly are the callous ones.

Brown has asked and cajoled them to let the voters decide; the Republicans are opposed, knowing that if the voters agree and taxes are allowed to remain as they are, they risk the only (ONLY) argument they have for winning elections.

You continue to be partisan and disingenuous. Not only those "deadbeats" (as your kind likes to characterize anyone with needs) but quality of life issues stand to be cut by ideology and cowardice. The Republican caucus is layered with "yes men and women" whose number one priority is their own job security.

Beaches, parks, police and fire, teachers, the number of school days, the cost of higher education, road repair, etc. etc. will be cut not because the Governor is evil or callous but because the constitution requires a balanced budget. His predecessors, three of the most recent four being Republicans, kicked the can down the road while borrowing, raiding local governments and special districts of their operating funds and budgetary tricks.

Gov. Brown's effort to bring sanity to an insane process should be applauded not damned, Seeking bi-partisan solutions is simply not possible when the other side lacks the character to do the correct thing; threatened by the New Right (Grover Norquist/Tea Party) Republicans in the Senate and Assembly are the callous ones.

Brown has asked and cajoled them to let the voters decide; the Republicans are opposed, knowing that if the voters agree and taxes are allowed to remain as they are, they risk the only (ONLY) argument they have for winning elections.

and yet not one time in your excuses for Browns action have i seen you at least show some sympathy for these people.....how Republican of you.....all you are doing is defending Browns actions Wry.....which makes you a tad Partisan yourself....if Arnold would have done this your whole tone would have been totally different....Brown and the Democrats in the Legislature could have said these people are OFF THE TABLE......but they did not.....as a matter of fact all the articles i have dug up on this.....not even a note of regret from Brown or any in the Legislature that i seen anyway......i guess they all have the Republican attitude too.....who would have guessed....

No government with a standing military of 1.4 million, and certainly no government with over 800,000 people holding "TOP secret Security clearance" is every apt ot be small enough to drown in a bathtub.

When the GOP gets real about reducing the military and intelligence services, then and ONLY then will I believe that the GOP really wants a SMALLER government.

Last time we cut back on Intelligence was under Clinton.....then we had to rely on foreign intell, then 9-11 happened. :eusa_whistle:

Oh.....that was nearly 10 years ago...my bad.

If I didn't know what a partisan you are I would put this comment down as one of the more ignorant I've read - and spending time on this message board where ignorance is commonplace that says alot.

But maybe I've judged you too soon or unfairly, I suppose you might have some evidence for your opinon on Gov. Browns attack on women's health, the aged and infirm. Please share it and I'll offer a humble and sincere mea culpa.

Humble and sincere mea culpa in 5...4...3...2...never. :lol:

you called it Dave......i showed him.....no Mea Culpa's.......:lol:

Humble and sincere mea culpa in 5...4...3...2...never. :lol:

you called it Dave......i showed him.....no Mea Culpa's.......:lol:

This ain't my first rodeo, Harry. :beer:

and yet not one time in your excuses for Browns action have i seen you at least show some sympathy for these people.....how Republican of you.....all you are doing is defending Browns actions Wry.....which makes you a tad Partisan yourself....if Arnold would have done this your whole tone would have been totally different....Brown and the Democrats in the Legislature could have said these people are OFF THE TABLE......but they did not.....as a matter of fact all the articles i have dug up on this.....not even a note of regret from Brown or any in the Legislature that i seen anyway......i guess they all have the Republican attitude too.....who would have guessed....

Brown vetoed the budget. He has the authority for line-item veto, btw, so it is too soon to know what is and what is not in the final document.

Again your comments are disingenuous as well as thoughtless. Consider my usual defense on many threads for benefits to be continued to the aged, infirm, poor and children in our society. Suggesting I'm callous is a lie.

Brown is matter-of-fact. Raise revenue by allowing the few tax cuts passed and signed by Arnold to remain in force or these are the likely consequences, the callous Republicans don't seem to care, or if they do they put thier job first.

Again your comments are disingenuous as well as thoughtless. Consider my usual defense on many threads for benefits to be continued to the aged, infirm, poor and children in our society. Suggesting I'm callous is a lie.

Brown is matter-of-fact. Raise revenue by allowing the few tax cuts passed and signed by Arnold to remain in force or these are the likely consequences, the callous Republicans don't seem to care, or if they do they put thier job first.

are they?......i have said in quite a few threads here that the people in this Bracket should be left alone.....so maybe what you are saying about me.....describes you also....

Clearly, the best thing to do is give everyone a high paying government job, a luxurious government provided house, free government run provided healthcare, and government provided "pocket money" for lottery tickets and booze. Let the billionaires pay.

are they?......i have said in quite a few threads here that the people in this Bracket should be left alone.....so maybe what you are saying about me.....describes you also....

The comment in bold above was directed at the Republicans in the CA legistature, not at you Harry.

The comment in bold above was directed at the Republicans in the CA legistature, not at you Harry.

the first comment in bold seems to be directed at me.....

"It's father's day, I was out with the family, a BBQ in Sonoma, so this is my first opportunity to respond. Suggesting Gov. Brown is callous like the New Right is way disingenuous; Brown needs to cut across the board because the Republican caucus has witheld support for putting to the voters a plan to continue taxes passed three years ago. The cuts you've highlighted are but a sample of what will be cut if the Repulican caucus continues to a act irresponsibly.

Casting Brown as little different than a Republican is disingenuous, if in fact that is what you meant. Arnold was a simple ideologue, lots of form, no substance; authoritarian and an 'acting' governor, nothing more.

You may chose to call these remarks nothing but the words of a partisan hack, that's your right. The facts and ultimately the results will be the test. Brown maybe the smartest Governor in my lifetime but he is not the best public speaker.

He is fiscally pragmatic unlike this new brand of Republican which abhors taxes but never in fact reduces spending or understood the meaning of value. If that too is to be dismissed as a hackism your not watching or understanding what's in play.

For your reading pleasure I've posted the web page of Grover Norquist's Americans for tax reform. Notice in the blogs written by GNand his use of language, his obsession with labor unions and the Hobson's Choice faced by elected Republicans.

Americans for Tax Reform

GN offers a pledge to elected officals to oppose all taxes; those who have the audacity to stray from the orthodox postulates of GN and defy his demagoguery is heresy and will be punished., not those only the The Congress, but legislators and governors representing the people in the 50 states.

"It's father's day, I was out with the family, a BBQ in Sonoma, so this is my first opportunity to respond. Suggesting Gov. Brown is callous like the New Right is way disingenuous; Brown needs to cut across the board because the Republican caucus has witheld support for putting to the voters a plan to continue taxes passed three years ago. The cuts you've highlighted are but a sample of what will be cut if the Repulican caucus continues to a act irresponsibly.

Casting Brown as little different than a Republican is disingenuous, if in fact that is what you meant. Arnold was a simple ideologue, lots of form, no substance; authoritarian and an 'acting' governor, nothing more.

You may chose to call these remarks nothing but the words of a partisan hack, that's your right. The facts and ultimately the results will be the test. Brown maybe the smartest Governor in my lifetime but he is not the best public speaker.

He is fiscally pragmatic unlike this new brand of Republican which abhors taxes but never in fact reduces spending or understood the meaning of value. If that too is to be dismissed as a hackism your not watching or understanding what's in play.

Wry you can make all the excuses for this guy you want......the Gov. and the Legislature could have stood up for these people...THEY DID NOT.....you can call the Republicans heartless Bastards when they do this,and as far as i am concerned,when they do it,they are.....but when the Democrats do it,you had better say they are too.....because when they do it too....they are just as heartless....and like i said.....i have not seen ANY type of statements of Remorse from Brown or anyone else......they are all a bunch of rat fucking bastards........

Grover Norqust on Chris Matthews. 4PM PDT; 7PM EDT, today July 18, 2011.

You bumped this month-old thread to shill for the Leg Tingler, but you refuse to answer Harry's post? :lol:

Harry wrote:

"Wry you can make all the excuses for this guy you want......the Gov. and the Legislature could have stood up for these people...THEY DID NOT.....you can call the Republicans heartless Bastards when they do this,and as far as i am concerned,when they do it,they are.....but when the Democrats do it,you had better say they are too.....because when they do it too....they are just as heartless....and like i said.....i have not seen ANY type of statements of Remorse from Brown or anyone else......they are all a bunch of rat fucking bastards........ ".

Is there a question here I missed? If so I'll happily respond even though the thread was premised on Grover Norquist and not Gov. Brown.

If you or he wish to debate what's going on in CA I'll be happy to engage you (of course only if you refrain from name calling and other childish behavior) on another thread.

"On Grover Norquist" is timely. GN is a leader of what has become a movement driving the Republican Party today. He explains his ideology (not very well IMO) tonight on Chris Matthews. Never, however, does he consider the consequences of a government default. For someone with so much power he is quite inarticulate.

Forum List

Back