On CNN: French jets flying over Libya

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
A French official confirms that French fighter jets are flying over Libya.

There are no details yet. This is good! HOW ABOUT THOSE FRENCH? :clap2:

French military jets are preventing forces loyal to Libyan leader Col Muammar Gaddafi from attacking the rebel-held city of Benghazi, French President Nicolas Sarkozy says.

It is believed to be the first act of intervention since the UN voted on Thursday for a no-fly zone over Libya.

Western and Arab leaders have been meeting in Paris to agree a course of action to confront Col Gaddafi.

"Our air force will oppose any aggression," Mr Sarkozy said.

BBC News - Libya: French planes 'preventing pro-Gaddafi attacks''

World leaders launch military action in Libya - Yahoo! News

PARIS – Top officials from the United States, Europe and the Arab world have announced immediate military action to protect civilians amid combat between Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi's forces and rebel fighters.

French President Nicolas Sarkozy said after an emergency summit in Paris on Saturday that France has already taken military action against Libya.

Sarkozy said "our determination is total."

Earlier Saturday, Libyan government troops forces stormed into the rebel capital of Benghazi, apparently ignoring a proclaimed cease-fire and potentially complicating any allied military action.

I say kudos to French, let them lead and pay for.

French military jets are preventing forces loyal to Libyan leader Col Muammar Gaddafi from attacking the rebel-held city of Benghazi, French President Nicolas Sarkozy says.

It is believed to be the first act of intervention since the UN voted on Thursday for a no-fly zone over Libya.

Western and Arab leaders have been meeting in Paris to agree a course of action to confront Col Gaddafi.

"Our air force will oppose any aggression," Mr Sarkozy said.

BBC News - Libya: French planes 'preventing pro-Gaddafi attacks''

Good news Val! This is exactly what should be happening here. Thanks

PARIS – Top officials from the United States, Europe and the Arab world have announced immediate military action to protect civilians amid combat between Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi's forces and rebel fighters.

French President Nicolas Sarkozy said after an emergency summit in Paris on Saturday that France has already taken military action against Libya.

Earlier Saturday, Libyan government troops forces stormed into the rebel capital of Benghazi, apparently ignoring a proclaimed cease-fire and potentially complicating any allied military action.

I think the Arab League are providing funding.

I think the Arab League are providing funding.

That would be a very good thing. This isn't our fight, we can't afford this mission.

I do think this is the beginning of the end for "Quackdaffy." That would be a good thing.

W is not president. Is that enough?
Whatever that cryptic bull may mean, of course. Our blessed president seems to be oblivious to the plight of the bahraini homolesbian community being currently under brutal occupation.

And the french will do what they always do. Leave it in our laps to clean up.

Forum List

Back