OMFG how hilarious

nakedemperor said:
Are you absolutely kidding me?

I'm a 20-year old typing on a message board, and you're likening a typo I made to President Bush's unprecedented volume of idiotic statements? He's the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES and he can't say NUCLEAR. The President of the United States is frighteningly devoid of intellectual curiosity and, as Presidents go, is a dim-bulb, as indicated by standardized testing, University admissions and denials, etc. It's not merely Bush-bashing, it's pointing out that the intellectual capacity ofa sitting President is one of his biggest assets, so if he doesn't HAVE that capacity, it becomes an issue.

Misspeaking does not make one dim. Just as a large vocabulary and the capacity to use it, does not make one bright.

Kathianne said:
Misspeaking does not make one dim. Just as a large vocabulary and the capacity to use it, does not make one bright.

Thank you, Kathianne. My point exactly.

musicman said:
Thank you, Kathianne. My point exactly.

:beer: Thanks Musicman. BTW, a large vocabulary doesn't connotate dimness either! LOL!

nakedemperor said:

I'm a 20-year old typing on a message board, and you're likening a typo I made to President Bush's unprecedented volume of idiotic statements? He's the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES and he can't say NUCLEAR. The President of the United States is frighteningly devoid of intellectual curiosity and, as Presidents go, is a dim-bulb, as indicated by standardized testing, University admissions and denials, etc. It's not merely Bush-bashing, it's pointing out that the intellectual capacity ofa sitting President is one of his biggest assets, so if he doesn't HAVE that capacity, it becomes an issue.

You're right. Like many liberals you are more concerned with appearances than with content.

Slick Willie Clinton was one of the most fluent smooth talkers ever to inhabit the White House.

Give me GW and his verbal foibles any time. I'd rather have a president with principles who cannot speak well than a polished bullshit artist with the morals of an alley cat.

nakedemperor said:

This is whats wrong with you Bush haters. you dont seem to understand that speaking ability tells almost nothing about ones intellectual ability. If you think someone is dumb just because they say Nuclear funny, you must think Stephen Hawkins is a moron.

nakedemperor said:

So you are saying that a Texan accent makes you a "dim-bulb?" Was Lyndon Johnson a dimbulb? My point is that mispeaking, doesn't make you dumb. Pres. Bush merely speaks a different dialect of english that you do. Who are you to decide how a man who has degrees from both Harvard and Yale should pronounce nuclear. He is the President, not Jesus. Cut him some slack.

Merlin1047 said:
I don't believe these statements are examples of Clinton tripping over his tongue. I believe that they are true and correct examples of the philosophy of this president and that of the far left.

I agree, I just got a little overzealous. Sorry, guess I was having fun. I'm not usually one to point out such mistakes in speech, for I don't believe they hurt a reputation, but build character.

Merlin1047 said:
And exactly what the hell is your problem, Bubba? I mean besides the fact that you flunked humor 101?

Sorry, just got rubbed the wrong way is all, it happens to us all.

Merlin1047 said:
You're right. Like many liberals you are more concerned with appearances than with content.

Slick Willie Clinton was one of the most fluent smooth talkers ever to inhabit the White House.

Give me GW and his verbal foibles any time. I'd rather have a president with principles who cannot speak well than a polished bullshit artist with the morals of an alley cat.

Amen to that.

Merlin1047 said:

Like i always say, just because someone sounds nice, doesnt mean they are saying anything worth listening to.

armstrong80 said:
Sorry, just got rubbed the wrong way is all, it happens to us all.

Well that's quite alright.

Feel free to let us know about anything that really irritates the shit out of you so that we can be kind and avoid pushing your buttons.

Trust me.

:teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

What's everyone's problem with Bill Clinton? His admin. gives the U.S. (and the world) the most economically prosperous 8 years in its history, eliminates the deficit, builds a huge surplus, makes strides educationally and economically, and you all hate him? Just because he got a blow job and lied about it?

And Karianne, I point out vocabulary and ability to formulate creative and accurate ad hominem responses to simple questions as a function of intelligence because any psych major will tell you that those are very good indicators of intellectual capacity. Bush at times seems limited by his lack of intellectual curiosity and blinded by the binary aspects of his religion, good vs. evil, with us or against us, etc. I wonder if this contributes to how he lives with destroying our planet like he is and leaving behind all the children he is and squandering Clinton's surplus like he did.

Oh yeah and those degrees from Harvard and Yale? Straight C student. That's our president, a man of "satisfactory" intelligence. And the only reason he got into Harvard business school was because of family connections. Shouldn't his merit have gotten him into University of Texas if it got him into Harvard? But it didn't, so he went to Harvard instead. Face it, like Williams said, some people achieve greatness, some people get it as a graduation present.

Although he graduated from mostly branding pledges on the ass with a red-hot wire hanger. Kind of explains his leniant stance on torture, huh?

Cheers musicman, lets use one post to point out every misspelling anyone makes in any of their posts. Very helpful.

nakedemperor said:
What's everyone's problem with Bill Clinton? His admin. gives the U.S. (and the world) the most economically prosperous 8 years in its history, eliminates the deficit, builds a huge surplus, makes strides educationally and economically, and you all hate him? Just because he got a blow job and lied about it?

We dont hate him. We just find him sad and pathetic. We just dont believe the fantasy world you seem to think of the 90s. I think 911 was a clear wake up call. the 90s was the decade of illusion. It was the decade we had major corporate scandals that were only exposed when Bush took over. it was a decade where we were told we had this huge projected surplus when in reality the Clinton administration had overprojected the economy trying to hide the recession we were heading it. It was a decade where Clinton lobs a few missles at some aspiran factories, bombs China, flees from terrorists, and ignores the terrorists as they attack us atleast four times.

The 90s were the decade of illusion. Many of us saw through the Clinton administration and what he represented. He was all image, no substance. But you love the image. Exactly like we were talking about before.

In the four years since Bush has taken over we have liberated two nations from ruthless dictators, brought three rogue nations to the negociation tables, sent Al Queda on the run, allowed people to keep more of their own hard earned money, turned an economy in recession into the greatest economic growth in 20 years, gotten the Unemployment rate lower than when Clinton was reelected, Tripled the amount of funding for the Education budget, not to mention passed a medicare act Democrats have been claiming to want for the last 20 years. What in the world is going to wake you up to the fact that President Bush has done more in 3 1/2 years then President Clinton did in 8. Heck without being able to claim accomplishments in what the Republican congress did Clinton would have nothing to show for his 8 years in office.

Face it, America is alot better off now then it was four years ago. Problem is you are so caught up in looking for the image of progress to notice real progress happening right before your eyes.

BTW Cs in Ivy league schools are worth A's and B's in lesser tier schools.

armstrong80 said:
So you are saying that a Texan accent makes you a "dim-bulb?" Was Lyndon Johnson a dimbulb? My point is that mispeaking, doesn't make you dumb. Pres. Bush merely speaks a different dialect of english that you do. Who are you to decide how a man who has degrees from both Harvard and Yale should pronounce nuclear. He is the President, not Jesus. Cut him some slack.

Nuclear and nucular are entirely differnet words. Pronunciation is not at issue here. At ALL. But if you'd like to twist my words into making it sound like I'm deriding a Texas accent, that's cool, I guess I except it on a conservative webboard that purports to be bipartisan, but is filled with conservatives who pat each other on the back with one-line agreements and smiley faces.

That being said, I am an anti-war liberal, in a household with a lot of tension between my liberal political cartoonist father and my middle-america-born mother, so partisan ranting has a home at the dinner table. I'm not of the opinion that John Kerry will be a particularly great president-- he's going to have to be damn good to figure out the quagmire that Iraq is becoming and get rid of Bush's deficit. The sole reason I support him is because George W. Bush has been a very, very bad president, and even a mediocre replacement like Kerry could do vastly less damage to the country than Bush. Bush's economic record is by far the worst of any president in the 20th century, it is appauling, and record-breakingly bad. His environmental record is by far the worst of the 20th century, and has top EPA officials calling him a pollution-protector, rather than an environmental protecter. His education policies have drawn money from an already underfunded public school system to fund a war which has been proven to be wholly and entirely unnecessary considering our purported reasons for starting it.

Do none of you see how bad of a President he is? Why not accept it and lobby for John McCain to run? The worst presidential term environmentally, fiscally, and educationally (not even TOUCHING foreign affairs) of the 20th century is drawing to a close, and republicans are standing firmly behind their candidate, STILL. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

nakedemperor said:
Nuclear and nucular are entirely differnet words. Pronunciation is not at issue here. At ALL. But if you'd like to twist my words into making it sound like I'm deriding a Texas accent, that's cool, I guess I except it on a conservative webboard that purports to be bipartisan, but is filled with conservatives who pat each other on the back with one-line agreements and smiley faces.

That being said, I am an anti-war liberal, in a household with a lot of tension between my liberal political cartoonist father and my middle-america-born mother, so partisan ranting has a home at the dinner table. I'm not of the opinion that John Kerry will be a particularly great president-- he's going to have to be damn good to figure out the quagmire that Iraq is becoming and get rid of Bush's deficit. The sole reason I support him is because George W. Bush has been a very, very bad president, and even a mediocre replacement like Kerry could do vastly less damage to the country than Bush. Bush's economic record is by far the worst of any president in the 20th century, it is appauling, and record-breakingly bad. His environmental record is by far the worst of the 20th century, and has top EPA officials calling him a pollution-protector, rather than an environmental protecter. His education policies have drawn money from an already underfunded public school system to fund a war which has been proven to be wholly and entirely unnecessary considering our purported reasons for starting it.

Do none of you see how bad of a President he is? Why not accept it and lobby for John McCain to run? The worst presidential term environmentally, fiscally, and educationally (not even TOUCHING foreign affairs) of the 20th century is drawing to a close, and republicans are standing firmly behind their candidate, STILL. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Um first, we have the strongest economy in 20 years. Thats how long its been since the economies grown this fast. We have lower unemployment now than when Clinton was reelected. President Bush has turned the recession he inherited from President Clinton and turned it into a booming economy. That despite the scandals that occured in the 90s that were exposed early in his administration and America being attacked. And just for the icing on cake i have to point out thats impossible for President Bush to have the worst economy and Worst environmental record in the 20th century simply because he hasnt been president in the 20th century. Please tell me you havent graduated college unable to determine what century it is.

Forum List

Back