OMFG how hilarious

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DKSuddeth, Aug 5, 2004.

1. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    New Bushism

WASHINGTON - President Bush offered up a new entry for his catalog of "Bushisms" on Thursday, declaring that his administration will "never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people."

Bush misspoke as he delivered a speech at the signing ceremony for a $417 billion defense spending bill.

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we," Bush said. "They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

:rotflmao:

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    :teeth: :usa: :poke: :clap1: And how much do you think his 'memoirs' will go for? :scratch:

3. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Right up there with Kerry who is going to fight "a more sensitive war" on terrorists . These 2 need someone else to speak for them.

4. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    I know a lot of libs are profiting off his "mis-speaks". It would be funny if he could copyright them and charge them for using them..... lol :dunno:

5. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    I wonder if 'sensitive war' meant dropping postcards from the sky or something.

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Shoot, if it weren't for those great 'misspeaks' the opposition might not 'misunderestimate' him, then where would we be? :wtf: :funnyface

7. Moi

Moi Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Perhaps not exactly misspoke but forgot to follow up with "and neither do we...so we can protect ourselves and defend ourselves against our enemies harmful actions."

8. nakedemperor

nakedemperor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.

Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 (Thanks to Alicia Butler.)

Hehe. Best Bushism for a while.

Oh, outside of his being fervently opposed to legacy status as a basis for admission to University. This from a man who couldn't get into University of Texas but *somehow* slipped through the cracks and made it into Harvard. I feel like he should have acknowledged his own situation during the process more clearly than "having to knock on a lot of doors".

9. armstrong80

armstrong80 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    My favorite Bushisms:

"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward. Freedom will
    be defended!"
    -President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001

"I gave them a fair warning"
    -President George w. Bush,
    Oct. 8 when deciding on military action against the Taliban

"We must take the battle to the enemy, disrupt his plans and confront the
    worst threats before they emerge."
    -President George W. Bush
    to graduates of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point in June 2002

"We will not tire, We will not falter, We will not fail."
    -President George W. Bush, October 26, 2001

Guess he doesn't misspeak all the time.

10. armstrong80

armstrong80 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    "It depends on how you define "alone" ... there were a lot of times when we were alone, but I never really thought we were."

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is"
    - excerpts from Bill Clinton's grand jury testimony

"You can't say you love your country and hate your government." - Bill Clinton, 1995 (After the OKC bombing)

"A lot of wonderful people love their country and hate the military." - Bill Clinton, 1969 (Letter to the National Guard)

ou know the one thing that's wrong with this country? Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say."
    President William Clinton addressing the people of Philadelphia, May 28, 1993 in the Courtyard, City Hall, Philadelphia, PA

President Clinton was interviewed on January 21, 1998 by Jim Lehrer on his alleged affair with a Whitehouse intern and subsequent alleged subornation of her perjury. Clinton said, "I'm just trying to suppress my natural impulses and get back to work."
    http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/white_house/jan-june98/clinton_1-21.html

There are a lot of very brilliant people who believe that the nation-state is fast becoming a relic of the past,"
    - President Clinton, New York Times, November 25, 1997

The last time I checked, the Constitution said, 'of the people, by the people and for the people.' That's what the Declaration of Independence says."
    President Bill Clinton, campaigning October 17, 1996. From a campaign speech given in California. Quoted in Investor's Business Daily October 25, 1996

These words are in the Gettysburg Address.

"I am the only President in who knew something about agriculture when I got there." (Bill Clinton, Washington Post, 4/26/95)

Ummm...geee Mr. Clinton, Jimmy Carter, Harry Truman, Thomas Jefferson, and George Washington who were all farmers before they were Presidents.

"It has not worked. No one can say it has worked, so I decided we're either going to do what we said we're going to do with the U.N., or we're going to do something else."
    A Bill Clinton quote in Washington Post on the U.N. operation in Bosnia.