Old Testament Follower

Are you trying to sell us something or just curious?
Yes I am. I usually spend some time each shabbat trying to encourage moral people to join a moral religion. The moral religions that I know of are traditional Anabaptists, Orthodox Judaism (in spite of it being racist and me not liking it much), and simply following the Old Testament as I do. There may be other moral religions, but I haven't found them yet. The modern world is a real mess, so the more people who join moral religions, the better. So that is what I am here to sell.

Morality is more important than the right religion, if one can only be one.

Modern culture is not insane, just indifferent or thoughtless. IMO

What I like about orthodox Judaism is they have a real disdain for loud obnoxious dogs because it is offensive to neighbors.

orthodox jews don't like dogs because they think dogs are unclean....same for muslims.

The Law is death. Why on earth would you take a forgiving Father, and turn him into your judge?
"The Law" is a Christian concept that simply doesn't exist in the Old Testament. The Hebrew word "ha-torah" is consistently mistranslated by Christians as "the Law" when it actually means "the teaching". The Old Testament is simply God's teaching, and the laws are there as illustrations of how to apply that teaching to particular circumstances.
Seems to me there were a whole lot of issues spelled out as wrong and the appropriate penalties, including death. Maybe you don't understand what the word law means in English?

What I like about orthodox Judaism is they have a real disdain for loud obnoxious dogs because it is offensive to neighbors.
I am shocked to find someone who agrees with me more than they disagree.

Morality is the most important thing, but morality cannot survive without a proven religion to support it.

Rather than argue about the definition of "insane", I would just say that modern culture generally prefers what is bad to what is good, and that seems insane to me.

I am shocked to find someone who agrees with me more than they disagree.

Morality is the most important thing, but morality cannot survive without a proven religion to support it.

Rather than argue about the definition of "insane", I would just say that modern culture generally prefers what is bad to what is good, and that seems insane to me.
You're making up your own religion and claiming it's a proven performer. LOL

Then you are using the wrong word because 'insane' loses its more precise meaning.

It is more a matter of human nature and a weak will. Most who indulge in thoughtless pleasure know they are violating their conscience. On that most of us will be primarily judged. I believe.

What is the difference? Sluts don't charge?
The difference is that prostitutes have sex with whoever can pay, while sluts have sex with the most evil men that they can find. Sluts are highly dysgenic as I explain here:

Talk - Human Evolution

So you have decided that evil men have no money. Evil men never pay for sex. They get it for free. Only good men have to pay for it. And we all know that that is bs, so now what?

So you have decided that evil men have no money. Evil men never pay for sex. They get it for free. Only good men have to pay for it. And we all know that that is bs, so now what?
Some evil men have money. Trump comes to mind. But virtually all evil men get free promiscuous sex in evil feminist cultures, while good men generally don't. That is what I have seen.

Then you are using the wrong word because 'insane' loses its more precise meaning.

It is more a matter of human nature and a weak will. Most who indulge in thoughtless pleasure know they are violating their conscience. On that most of us will be primarily judged. I believe.
Technically you are correct, so I withdraw the word "insane" and replace it with "evil". By evil, I mean preferring bad to good, which is worse than simple thoughtlessness.

Some evil men have money. Trump comes to mind. But virtually all evil men get free promiscuous sex in evil feminist cultures, while good men generally don't. That is what I have seen.
Ah, now we are getting somewhere. A whore is a woman that screws everybody and a slut is a woman that screws everybody but you.

Technically you are correct, so I withdraw the word "insane" and replace it with "evil". By evil, I mean preferring bad to good, which is worse than simple thoughtlessness.

Yes, perhaps. But by calling all these unchurched and uninterested 'evil' does not really advance your cause. Although I do it a lot myself : D

I am curious what your theology says about mercy and forgiveness, and to what degree the Lord above offers it.

I am flying to Dallas in 2 hours, so I won't be answering much for the next few days. I will respond when I get back. I am going there because there is a conservative Mennonite church there that I like and my wife wants to look at Dallas more closely before deciding to move there.

Some evil men have money. Trump comes to mind. But virtually all evil men get free promiscuous sex in evil feminist cultures, while good men generally don't. That is what I have seen

Some evil men have money. Bill Clinton comes to mind. But virtually all evil men get free promiscuous sex in evil feminist cultures, while good men generally don't. That is what I have seen

I hate modern culture. I was raised atheist but I currently follow the Old Testament which I love. I am ethnically jewish but I reject Judaism because it is racist and because I dislike the Talmud. I am planning to move to a conservative Mennonite community. I am not Christian, but these are the best people that I have found. I want nothing more to do with modern America which is a moral cesspool and a lost cause.
I am flying to Dallas in 2 hours, so I won't be answering much for the next few days. I will respond when I get back. I am going there because there is a conservative Mennonite church there that I like and my wife wants to look at Dallas more closely before deciding to move there.

It was a pleasure to meet you on the religion forum this morning, fschmidt! Thank you so much for the video and we'll look forward to seeing you when you return!

I hate modern culture. I was raised atheist but I currently follow the Old Testament which I love. I am ethnically jewish but I reject Judaism because it is racist and because I dislike the Talmud. I am planning to move to a conservative Mennonite community. I am not Christian, but these are the best people that I have found. I want nothing more to do with modern America which is a moral cesspool and a lost cause.

Yet here you are on the internet.

Imagine that.

Oh, and btw -- if you wish to fool anybody into thinking you were once Jewish, you should show some familiarity with the subject matter. The Old Testament is simply the Pentautech of the Torah.

If you wanted to show a break from Judaism, you would be following the New Testament, and especially inasmuch as you have selected Mennonites, here, you should at least learn enough about their beliefs as to be plausible. Mennonites, above almost any other Christian sect, believes in the primacy of Jesus' teachings, especially in regards to the sermon on the Mount. It is a contradiction in terms to claim you follow the old Testament while claiming you wish to live with Mennonites.

Last edited:
Well it was a weird intro. He believes a gal slinging her hips for a buck has the blessings of God but if she gives it away she's a sinful slut. His God is a pimp.

Old Testament Mennonites?
Are man whores exempt from this scenario?
Are you a prostitute?

Old Testament Mennonites?
Are man whores exempt from this scenario?
Are you a prostitute?

Schmidt is a Kairite Jew, Irish Ram. I had been researching Kairite Jewish history as they do not accept the Talmud or Oral Torah. They only accept the written Torah! They are ancient Biblical Jews - The Kairites. Wonderful people!

Yesterday I decided to write a thread about it as I felt it was time to address the subject of the Kairite Jew. I had a long dialogue with another Jew who thought he needed the Talmud to understand the Written Torah! Discussion ran long and I told him I'd be back at 7:00 a.m. but then the Lord told me change it to 8:00 a.m. I did. (you can see the thread on religion forum)

I go to my Kairite thread on Religion forum at 8:00 a.m. sharp this morning and who shows up on my thread but this man who is a Kairite Jew! I was so blessed! He posted a very informative video about the Kairite Jews vs Jews who follow Talmud / Oral Torah and what Jesus said in the New Testament Scriptures. I thanked him for posting it. What a blessing to actually meet someone who is a Kairite Jew - as I had never met a Kairite before!

He joined today before 8:00 a.m. this morning according to this intro thread and he showed up on my thread because he saw the title!

I spent two hours this morning posting the necessary info on the Kairite thread beginning at 8:00 a.m. exactly. I left 2 hours later (give or take a few minutes). This man arrives about 8:00 a.m. on my thread and on this intro thread he says has to catch a plane in 2 hours! Perfect timing (thanks to the Lord).

Schmidt is a very nice person and I think the people on this intro need to brush up on their board etiquette. As a Kairite Jew I'm sure he is used to persecution and it won't hinder him from returning in a couple of weeks when he returns from his trip. I'm thrilled to know another Old Testament follower. I love the Old Testament as it has taught me so very much and it is the Written Word of God.

I welcomed Schmidt on my Kairite thread this morning but let me make it official here!

Welcome to USMB, Schmidt! I'm so happy you're here!

images

Last edited:

Forum List

Back