Old Testament Follower

fschmidt

Dec 12, 2015
I hate modern culture. I was raised atheist but I currently follow the Old Testament which I love. I am ethnically jewish but I reject Judaism because it is racist and because I dislike the Talmud. I am planning to move to a conservative Mennonite community. I am not Christian, but these are the best people that I have found. I want nothing more to do with modern America which is a moral cesspool and a lost cause.

I hate modern culture. I was raised atheist but I currently follow the Old Testament which I love. I am ethnically jewish but I reject Judaism because it is racist and because I dislike the Talmud. I am planning to move to a conservative Mennonite community. I am not Christian, but these are the best people that I have found. I want nothing more to do with modern America which is a moral cesspool and a lost cause.
You joined some 9 months ago and just honored us with this epiphany in your first post? Lucky us. I guess you'll be stoning whores for sport soon.

You joined some 9 months ago and just honored us with this epiphany in your first post? Lucky us. I guess you'll be stoning whores for sport soon.
He sounds like a pretty decent guy to me?

Are we not in short supply of those types?

There must have been some delay in the registration process and I forgot about this forum, and then I just stumbled on it again today through Google.

I have nothing against prostitutes, and neither does the Old Testament. Sluts, on the other hand, are pure evil.

He sounds like a pretty decent guy to me?

Are we not in short supply of those types?
Not to me. Fundamentalists are fucked up people.

Well it appears most of us are here selling our goods. Not too many buyers.

Your description was a bit cryptic. Are you trying to sell us something or just curious?

There must have been some delay in the registration process and I forgot about this forum, and then I just stumbled on it again today through Google.

I have nothing against prostitutes, and neither does the Old Testament. Sluts, on the other hand, are pure evil.
So if they do it for free they are evil but charging a buck for it is OK in the OT?

Are you trying to sell us something or just curious?
Yes I am. I usually spend some time each shabbat trying to encourage moral people to join a moral religion. The moral religions that I know of are traditional Anabaptists, Orthodox Judaism (in spite of it being racist and me not liking it much), and simply following the Old Testament as I do. There may be other moral religions, but I haven't found them yet. The modern world is a real mess, so the more people who join moral religions, the better. So that is what I am here to sell.

Yes I am. I usually spend some time each shabbat trying to encourage moral people to join a moral religion. The moral religions that I know of are traditional Anabaptists, Orthodox Judaism (in spite of it being racist and me not liking it much), and simply following the Old Testament as I do. There may be other moral religions, but I haven't found them yet. The modern world is a real mess, so the more people who join moral religions, the better. So that is what I am here to sell.

The Law is death. Why on earth would you take a forgiving Father, and turn him into your judge?
Be sure to keep everyone of the 600+ laws, or your eternity is lost. You don't get to choose the ones you like.
In fact, You already doomed yourself when you helped yourself to God's judgement robe and declared more than a few women here as evil... ;)

Last edited:

Morality is more important than the right religion, if one can only be one.

Modern culture is not insane, just indifferent or thoughtless. IMO

What I like about orthodox Judaism is they have a real disdain for loud obnoxious dogs because it is offensive to neighbors.

The Law is death. Why on earth would you take a forgiving Father, and turn him into your judge?
"The Law" is a Christian concept that simply doesn't exist in the Old Testament. The Hebrew word "ha-torah" is consistently mistranslated by Christians as "the Law" when it actually means "the teaching". The Old Testament is simply God's teaching, and the laws are there as illustrations of how to apply that teaching to particular circumstances.

thanks for sharing. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back