Old Testament Follower

Some evil men have money. Trump comes to mind. But virtually all evil men get free promiscuous sex in evil feminist cultures, while good men generally don't. That is what I have seen
Some evil men have money. Bill Clinton comes to mind. But virtually all evil men get free promiscuous sex in evil feminist cultures, while good men generally don't. That is what I have seen
Yes, Trump, Clinton, and the rest of that type.

I am curious what your theology says about mercy and forgiveness, and to what degree the Lord above offers it.
Ezekiel 33:10-20

Amen!

Schmidt, when you get back make sure and read my thread, "Christ Magnifying The Law".. I think it will bless you.

10 Therefore, O thou son of man, speak unto the house of Israel; Thus ye speak, saying, If our transgressions and our sins be upon us, and we pine away in them, how should we then live?

11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

12 Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth.

13 When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it.

14 Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right;

15 If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die.

16 None of his sins that he hath committed shall be mentioned unto him: he hath done that which is lawful and right; he shall surely live.

17 Yet the children of thy people say, The way of the Lord is not equal: but as for them, their way is not equal.

18 When the righteous turneth from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, he shall even die thereby.

19 But if the wicked turn from his wickedness, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall live thereby.

20 Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. O ye house of Israel, I will judge you every one after his ways.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

Ezekiel 33:10-20

I hate modern culture. I was raised atheist but I currently follow the Old Testament which I love. I am ethnically jewish but I reject Judaism because it is racist and because I dislike the Talmud. I am planning to move to a conservative Mennonite community. I am not Christian, but these are the best people that I have found. I want nothing more to do with modern America which is a moral cesspool and a lost cause.
so you join a message board? LMAO ok bro

Yet here you are on the internet.

Imagine that.
Technology isn't culture.

Oh, and btw -- if you wish to fool anybody into thinking you were once Jewish, you should show some familiarity with the subject matter. The Old Testament is simply the Pentautech of the Torah.
This is wrong. The Torah is the Pentateuch of the Old Testament (Tanakh/Mikra).

If you wanted to show a break from Judaism, you would be following the New Testament,
Muslims wouldn't agree with this statement. There are many religions based on the same core, the god of the Old Testament.

and especially inasmuch as you have selected Mennonites, here, you should at least learn enough about their beliefs as to be plausible. Mennonites, above almost any other Christian sect, believes in the primacy of Jesus' teachings, especially in regards to the sermon on the Mount. It is a contradiction in terms to claim you follow the old Testament while claiming you wish to live with Mennonites.
Excluding the Karaites who are tiny sect, the conservative Mennonites actually live in better accordance to the Old Testament than any other religion that I know. And this shouldn't be surprising since, unlike most modern Christians, they take what Jesus taught seriously and Jesus's teachings are quite consistent with the Old Testament.

Schmidt is a Kairite Jew
Actually I am not a Karaite. I am ethnically jewish and I share many Karaite beliefs, but there is a formal process to become a Karaite and I haven't done this, so I am not a Karaite.

While I agree with much of Karaite Judaism, I disagree on one important point. This is about the importance of tradition. Because rabbinic judaism went to one extreme and codified tradition at the level of the Bible itself, the Karaites went to the other extreme and generally don't place importance on tradition. I believe this is the reason that Karaite Judaism is not very successful. I think one needs balance. Tradition is very important but should be open to slow conservative change. Tradition is what holds a community together as a shared way of living. I think the conservative Mennonites have found about the optimal approach to tradition.

Welcome to USMB, Schmidt! I'm so happy you're here!
Thank you for the kind welcome.

Are you trying to sell us something or just curious?
Yes I am. I usually spend some time each shabbat trying to encourage moral people to join a moral religion. The moral religions that I know of are traditional Anabaptists, Orthodox Judaism (in spite of it being racist and me not liking it much), and simply following the Old Testament as I do. There may be other moral religions, but I haven't found them yet. The modern world is a real mess, so the more people who join moral religions, the better. So that is what I am here to sell.

The Lord is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.
Isaiah 42:21
The Mennonites also use King James which I think is a good translation but no translation is perfect. Here is how I would translate Isaiah 42:21:

Yehovah is pleased for the sake of his righteousness, he will magnify (his) teaching and make it glorious.

The Lord is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.
The Mennonites also use King James which I think is a good translation but no translation is perfect. Here is how I would translate Isaiah 42:21:

Yehovah is pleased for the sake of his righteousness, he will magnify (his) teaching and make it glorious.

I'm King James Version only. I do not accept the other translations as the Written Word of God. Many of the other translations have removed hundreds of verses, added words, taken away words.

Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.
Proverbs 30:5-6

I have to look up the Mennonites as I am not sure I've ever met a Mennonite Believer before. I believe that Christians are to obey the Written Word of God and that if they do not obey the written Word than they cease to live a holy life / be holy until they repent. Jesus did not come to do away with the law. God isn't grading on a curve. We're either all His or not His at all. How can we call Him Lord if we do not obey Him and keep his commandments?

I hate modern culture. I was raised atheist but I currently follow the Old Testament which I love. I am ethnically jewish but I reject Judaism because it is racist and because I dislike the Talmud. I am planning to move to a conservative Mennonite community. I am not Christian, but these are the best people that I have found. I want nothing more to do with modern America which is a moral cesspool and a lost cause.

I know before I even look how this is going to turn out, LOL ! Soon as I saw the title knew it would be a interesting thread .

I'm King James Version only. I do not accept the other translations as the Written Word of God. Many of the other translations have removed hundreds of verses, added words, taken away words.

Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.
Proverbs 30:5-6

I have to look up the Mennonites as I am not sure I've ever met a Mennonite Believer before. I believe that Christians are to obey the Written Word of God and that if they do not obey the written Word than they cease to live a holy life / be holy until they repent. Jesus did not come to do away with the law. God isn't grading on a curve. We're either all His or not His at all. How can we call Him Lord if we do not obey Him and keep his commandments?

I looked up a link on Mennonites and it looks like they believe like the Anabaptists and keep themselves out of sin and live holy. You say they use the KJV bible too. The Anabaptists were crucified for their faith in Jesus Christ along the Roman Road - they were holy Believers. Far better to fellowship with Believers who take the Bible literally than to be with those who think they can sin their way to heaven. I think you'll be alright, Schmidt.

As I said, I think King James is a good choice, but it is impossible for any translation to be perfect.

I have to look up the Mennonites as I am not sure I've ever met a Mennonite Believer before.
Here is a useful tool for finding a conservative Mennonite church:

Church Finder | Pilgrim Ministry

Ah, now we are getting somewhere. A whore is a woman that screws everybody and a slut is a woman that screws everybody but you.
This is a standard modern line. Anyway, I am married so this isn't relevant to me. But I would say that if a man finds that sluts are attracted to him, he should take this as an indication that he is evil because sluts are primarily attracted to evil men.

As I said, I think King James is a good choice, but it is impossible for any translation to be perfect.

I have to look up the Mennonites as I am not sure I've ever met a Mennonite Believer before.
Here is a useful tool for finding a conservative Mennonite church:

Church Finder | Pilgrim Ministry
KJV Isaiah verses were found to be the closest to the Isaiah Scroll that was discovered - of all translations - I've researched it quite in depth. As for the Mennonite Church - be careful about anything that has anything to do with the National Council of Churches (being a member, etc) as that is a very evil organization that is a front for the Roman Catholic Vatican - you want to stay as far away from anything that has to do with those people - as you can. If they have infiltrated some of the Mennonite churches just find an independent one that has nothing to do with that Organization.

As for the Mennonite Church - be careful about anything that has anything to do with the National Council of Churches (being a member, etc) as that is a very evil organization that is a front for the Roman Catholic Vatican - you want to stay as far away from anything that has to do with those people - as you can. If they have infiltrated some of the Mennonite churches just find an independent one that has nothing to do with that Organization.
The Mennonites are very decentralized, so there is no "the Mennonite Church". The conservative Mennonites have nothing to do with the National Council of Churches. Here is a good forum where you can ask conservative Mennonites anything that interests you:

MennoDiscuss.com • Index page

Ah, now we are getting somewhere. A whore is a woman that screws everybody and a slut is a woman that screws everybody but you.
This is a standard modern line. Anyway, I am married so this isn't relevant to me. But I would say that if a man finds that sluts are attracted to him, he should take this as an indication that he is evil because sluts are primarily attracted to evil men.
It's probably Satan driving them to it to produce more minions for his master plan.

As for the Mennonite Church - be careful about anything that has anything to do with the National Council of Churches (being a member, etc) as that is a very evil organization that is a front for the Roman Catholic Vatican - you want to stay as far away from anything that has to do with those people - as you can. If they have infiltrated some of the Mennonite churches just find an independent one that has nothing to do with that Organization.
The Mennonites are very decentralized, so there is no "the Mennonite Church". The conservative Mennonites have nothing to do with the National Council of Churches. Here is a good forum where you can ask conservative Mennonites anything that interests you:

MennoDiscuss.com • Index page
That is very good news. Glad to hear it.

But I would say that if a man finds that sluts are attracted to him, he should take this as an indication that he is evil because sluts are primarily attracted to evil men.
It's probably Satan driving them to it to produce more minions for his master plan.
That is one way of looking at it. Another is simply to look at it from an evolutionary perspective which produces the same result.

Talk - Human Evolution (short version)
Talk - Human Evolution

Forum List

Back