Oklahoma City Thunder Suspends Announcer After ‘Cotton-Picking’ Comment

Some of these guys sound like the people in LA and MS that it was all the outside agitators' fault for stirring things up instead of the KKK and white citizen councils' murderous behaviors.

The far right race agitators are so pathetic.
You mean people with common sense...who you...with your liberal lens see as racist.

Some of these guys sound like the people in LA and MS that it was all the outside agitators' fault for stirring things up instead of the KKK and white citizen councils' murderous behaviors.

You mean people with common sense...who you...with your liberal lens see as racist.
Those who wish to go back to the 1950s have no common sense, yes, you are right.

Fascist boy speaks ^^^ :)

You are so silly, Bush92.
See the post on Shelby County v. Holder High Court said times have changed. Society agrees.
You don't understand the ruling. The bad old days will not come back. Look at the announcer. That is the new normal.
I understand the ruling. The Court agreed with Shelby County that times have changed. Shelby has a Black school board president. Show me a story where Blacks have been denied admission to school, a seat at a restaurant, or denied right to vote? Nope. They left needs to keep stirring shit up so guys like Al Sharpton can make $$$$$$$

Those who wish to go back to the 1950s have no common sense, yes, you are right.
So in light of that...how in the hell is “cotton picking” a racist phrase today?

I’m of Irish ancestry. You guys don’t know what it’s like when people stare at you when you buy a sack of potatoes...or bottle of whiskey. Or it could just be in my fucking head. :laugh:

This was all decided for you a long time ago.

Bald eagle wallpapers 2.jpg

The stalinist alt right are just too funny.

No, dudes, we don't live in the 1950s, and the term in the context of the NBA in 2018 is insensitive.

I don't care if you are mad.

Context is irrelevant if there is no intent. And people get offended because they choose to.
Those who do not understand the importance of context and intent think like you, yes.

I understand it just fine.

Answer a question for me: If I am a black man and someone uses the phrase "cotton picking" and I know this person is not racist and did not intend it that way, that it was used as a euphemism for a more obscene alternative, and knowing that slaves were not the only people who picked cotton, why would I be offended?

You mean like the NFL players kneeling in protest of police brutality, but limp wristed snowflakes bitched about them kneeling to disrespect the flag and veterans? Even after they said they were not kneeling as disrespect to the flag, and you and your ilk continued to say they were disrespecting the flag?

Yea, cry me a river.

You guys are the ones crying here. Over a guy saying "cotton picking" for Christ's sake.

Ironic in that Davis is reacting as a virtual slave to PC.
Yup, it is the same. A slave used to get a one-day suspension of pay for calling his owner a honkey.
Slaves didn't get paid. That's why they are slaves.

We are looking at the day when drug stores will have to sell cotton balls from under the counter. Or, call them Fluffy Round Things. Can't refer to them as white either.
And it is because of bigots like you that we still have to have active, vocal efforts to squash things even perceived to be racist.

So, the next time the urge grabs you to whine like a little bitch about racist PC and advocacy for minorities and other protected groups, maybe you should find a mirror and lecture yourself. Give yourself the credit you deserve!
I will give you the mocking derision you and those like you deserve.

Here comes Peter Racisttail hopping down the bunny trail. Or is bunny to harsh for the tender ears. Whatever will be do with Cotton eyed Joe? Change that to Anti Darkie Joe. How far can we go to make fun of these fools. Cotton, the fabric of your life. Unless your black. Then it's rayon. It will stick to your sweaty ass.

Ironic in that Davis is reacting as a virtual slave to PC.
Yup, it is the same. A slave used to get a one-day suspension of pay for calling his owner a honkey.
Slaves didn't get paid. That's why they are slaves.

We are looking at the day when drug stores will have to sell cotton balls from under the counter. Or, call them Fluffy Round Things. Can't refer to them as white either.

Do you know why you cannot hear rabbits having sex?

They have cotton balls!

Forum List

Back