Oklahoma City Thunder Suspends Announcer After ‘Cotton-Picking’ Comment

“Vanilla “ is racist to me. The other day I was at the hardware store and a Black couple was looking at wallpaper for their home. The wife said to the husband after he had made a choice...”Thats so vanilla.” :206::206::206::206::206::206: Erase vanilla from the English language :206::206::206::206:

The freaks are freaking that real America will not let the freaks take us back to the 1950s. The announcer admitted that the comment was 'insensitive' and that he was wrong to say it.

Bush92 completely demonstrates he does not understand context and content and intent.

How on the fuck can it offend ANYONE!
Really? Again...you really can't puzzle this out for yourself? Damn dude, you are really asking me to spoon-feed you. Okay, fine.

You see, there are still people alive today who experienced, first hand, the vile racism of just a few decades ago. When someone said this phrase about them or one of their peers, it was not a vernacular"toss off". It carried the same weight as the word "******". It carried the same intent and meaning as the phrase, "uppity ******", which was to refer to a subhuman black with the audacity to act like a normal human being. It's intent and meaning was purely racist.

Now, as it turns out, these people had children and grandchildren, and they passed their first hand accounts to them. Also, as it turns out, some people do read history books and understand that we simply are not that far removed from open, normalized racism in this country.

My friend's mother is 83. She was forced to use different facilities , to sit at the back of the vbus. She was even assaulted physically for DARING to make eye contact with a white boy.

So, while you parade around with your abject ignorance and apathy of the experiences of others, it has no bearing on the reality in this country and which was experienced by so many people, even many still alive today.

So, you angry little McCarthy wannabe....you might do yourself a service to try to understand the experiences of people beyond your own front porch and postage stamp sized world view.

Thread Winner ANNOUNCED! :)

62138.jpg

How on the fuck can it offend ANYONE!
Really? Again...you really can't puzzle this out for yourself? Damn dude, you are really asking me to spoon-feed you. Okay, fine.

You see, there are still people alive today who experienced, first hand, the vile racism of just a few decades ago. When someone said this phrase about them or one of their peers, it was not a vernacular"toss off". It carried the same weight as the word "******". It carried the same intent and meaning as the phrase, "uppity ******", which was to refer to a subhuman black with the audacity to act like a normal human being. It's intent and meaning was purely racist.

Now, as it turns out, these people had children and grandchildren, and they passed their first hand accounts to them. Also, as it turns out, some people do read history books and understand that we simply are not that far removed from open, normalized racism in this country.

My friend's mother is 83. She was forced to use different facilities , to sit at the back of the vbus. She was even assaulted physically for DARING to make eye contact with a white boy.

So, while you parade around with your abject ignorance and apathy of the experiences of others, it has no bearing on the reality in this country and which was experienced by so many people, even many still alive today.

So, you angry little McCarthy wannabe....you might do yourself a service to try to understand the experiences of people beyond your own front porch and postage stamp sized world view.
Stop on first paragraph. Admitted. How many people use “cotton picking “ as a statement to refer to someone as subhuman? Now spare me the history lesson. Nobody in society goes through the whole process in their head when they hear that phrase. Nobody cares...but overreacting fragile people like you.

The freaks are freaking that real America will not let the freaks take us back to the 1950s. The announcer admitted that the comment was 'insensitive' and that he was wrong to say it.

Bush92 completely demonstrates he does not understand context and content and intent.
The announcers caved to PC pressure. What was his “intent” comrade vocabulary?

“Vanilla “ is racist to me. The other day I was at the hardware store and a Black couple was looking at wallpaper for their home. The wife said to the husband after he had made a choice...”Thats so vanilla.” :206::206::206::206::206::206: Erase vanilla from the English language :206::206::206::206:

Oh Fer FUCK - You ^ are now guilty of literally EVERYTHING you accuse Lib-Ruls of being of.

Retreat to Corner IMMEDIATELY!!

StiglT20160301_low.jpg

Some of these guys sound like the people in LA and MS that it was all the outside agitators' fault for stirring things up instead of the KKK and white citizen councils' murderous behaviors.

The far right race agitators are so pathetic.

Guess we can’t teach “Jim Crow” laws anymore. Racially insensitive. We have call them “Laws named after a large black avian usually found sitting on phone wires in the rural South.”

Some of these guys sound like the people in LA and MS that it was all the outside agitators' fault for stirring things up instead of the KKK and white citizen councils' murderous behaviors.

I think people living in our cities have much bigger problems to worry about. Times have changed in the South. So says the United States Supreme Court. 1960’s over boys and girls...no more legal segregation in public places or at polls...it’s over...give it up...

And accept that certain terms and actions are not acceptable, and those who insist anyway of them will pay the price.

Give it up.

My ancestors were Irish...they were treated like shit when they got hear...I’ve heard stories...waaaaaaa:206::206::206::206:

Your so far left you can’t see the center.

In my high school days.....OK, ancient history....a "cotton-picker" was a girl who had lost the tampon string. The ones bugging the home ec teacher to borrow a pair of tweezers. Or the janitor for a pair of pliers.

Racist?

NOT!

Sexist.....

You could make a decent argument.

[

I understand it just fine.

Answer a question for me: If I am a black man and someone uses the phrase "cotton picking" and I know this person is not racist and did not intend it that way, that it was used as a euphemism for a more obscene alternative, and knowing that slaves were not the only people who picked cotton, why would I be offended?

Why?

Because Jammie-boi says you have to be and he'll lie on the floor and flail his legs until the heels of his Dr. Dentons are all bloody.

Will someone on the left please make a list of all of the words and phrases that are no longer allowed?.....what a bunch of weenie MFers we have in America...maybe WW3 would be a good thing to put some spine back into our citizens....show them what it's like to have freedom on the line...show them it's time to grow up...

Forum List

Back