Okay I need Techie Help

IndependntLogic

Jul 14, 2011
I just hired a couple new guys and I need to buy them computers. Our needs are very basic: We use MS Office, the Martindale-Hubble Database system that is basically a paid subscription of CDs. We store a lot of Word, Excel and .pdf documents - several hundred each.
Also, I have kind of a weird corporate culture. We talk to attorneys all day and that can be a tad trying at times. So I'm completely okay with the guys taking 30 - 90 minutes and just goofing off and playing video games when they're feeling frustrated. So it would be good if the computer could run the latest and greatest version of Doom or whatever people play nowadays.
We're wireless if that makes a difference.
So I don't think I need to buy the latest and greatest. I just need something that is functional.
I've had good luck with Dells but am open to you Jedi wisdom...

Oh yeah! I want a new monitor for me! It seems like the cost of a 25" monitor is about the same as a 25" TV that I could just plug my computer into and use as a monitor. Thoughts?

I just hired a couple new guys and I need to buy them computers. Our needs are very basic: We use MS Office, the Martindale-Hubble Database system that is basically a paid subscription of CDs. We store a lot of Word, Excel and .pdf documents - several hundred each.
Also, I have kind of a weird corporate culture. We talk to attorneys all day and that can be a tad trying at times. So I'm completely okay with the guys taking 30 - 90 minutes and just goofing off and playing video games when they're feeling frustrated. So it would be good if the computer could run the latest and greatest version of Doom or whatever people play nowadays.
So I don't think I need to buy the latest and greatest. I just need something that is functional.

Oh yeah! I want a new monitor for me! It seems like the cost of a 25" monitor is about the same as a 25" TV that I could just plug my computer into and use as a monitor. Thoughts?

I'm just wondering if this is a joke. :eusa_eh:

Just tell them you want everything to be Sony-Beta state-of-the-art type stuff. That'll let 'em know you're a semi-serious tech guy yourself, and thus no easy mark should your path unfortunately cross with that of some unscrupulous predator trolling the marketplace.

No. Why?

No. Why?

Actually it is.
There is a lot of irony here....

Sounds like your operation is being run out of a FEMA trailer, probably with AOL and dial-up. Ask Obama for a small business loan, asswipe

Sounds like your operation is being run out of a FEMA trailer, probably with AOL and dial-up. Ask Obama for a small business loan, asswipe

Well he gets it.:clap2:

Actually it is.

Awww. I get it. You and WarriorGirl102 are hurt because others are doing well. So sorry girls. Some of us are havin' a great time now that the economy is bouncing back!
You may now continue posting about no issues, no topics etc.... You know, stuff you can handle! :lol:

Um...you should sharpen your deductive skills...or lack thereof.
I am not a girl.
I am doing fine.
I find great humor in a "company" that hires kids to talk to lawyers between playing video games.
Fluke is for hire.

Actually it is.

Awww. I get it. You and WarriorGirl102 are hurt because others are doing well. So sorry girls. Some of us are havin' a great time now that the economy is bouncing back!
You may now continue posting about no issues, no topics etc.... You know, stuff you can handle! :lol:

I am not a girl. Ah. Well your post are so betchy and hysterical, you can't blame anyone for mistaking for a little girl. :lol:
I am doing fine.
I find great humor in a "company" that hires kids to talk to lawyers between playing video games. I refer to guys in the 20's as "Kids". Of course, they're all degreed "elitist" so you wouldn't like them ;)
Fluke is for hire.

I don't know who that is but obviously they have gotten under your skin that way I have warriorgirl102's (which is why that little girl follows me around like my betch :lol:).

You two should really just try to be happier! Then your posts wouldn't come across like a couple little biotches.

My thought is you really don't want to spend $3000 each on new computers for your office unless you are a lot dumber than I think you are. Tell them if they want to play games they have to put up with slow graphics or buy their own computers and then go to HP and buy ProBooks so that you can standardize your IT and save some money.

My thought is you really don't want to spend $3000 each on new computers for your office unless you are a lot dumber than I think you are. Tell them if they want to play games they have to put up with slow graphics or buy their own computers and then go to HP and buy ProBooks so that you can standardize your IT and save some money.

Thanks! I really don't mind them taking time to relax. We start around 6:30 - 7am because we do work on the East Coast too. We often work until 8pm or later because our candidates can't talk at work. So If they take off to go play nine holes or a few sets of tennis (usually with me), it's all good. I thought about notebooks but it seems like I can get what I need for under $500 each, if I go with desktops. We're headed out to look around in a few minutes.

I am not a girl. Ah. Well your post are so betchy and hysterical, you can't blame anyone for mistaking for a little girl. :lol:
I am doing fine.
I find great humor in a "company" that hires kids to talk to lawyers between playing video games. I refer to guys in the 20's as "Kids". Of course, they're all degreed "elitist" so you wouldn't like them ;)
Fluke is for hire.

I don't know who that is but obviously they have gotten under your skin that way I have warriorgirl102's (which is why that little girl follows me around like my betch :lol:).

You two should really just try to be happier! Then your posts wouldn't come across like a couple little biotches.

You are a white guy trying to post like an urban gangster...pretending to run a business that needs computers to run a business...err... play video games.

And you don't have the chops to get under my skin.
You are clown....except you don't know it. And that makes you a foolish clown.

No. Why?
Because it doesn't sound real, looks to me like a bait and bite, gotcha post but then that's probably just my suspicious nature.

Forum List

Back