Ok Dems, Besides A Fake Indian And Aging Communist, Who You Got To Beat The Don?...

I really am interested in who Democrats here at USMB would like to see ultimately get their Party's nomination to take on Donald Trump. Who you got Dems? Go...

I agree that the Dems leadership is too old...they're still fighting the battles of the 1960s.

I'd like to see most of the Dem leadership retire (especially Pelosi). They need young blood.

There are lots of very capable young Dems, but they're being blocked by the old school.

A Booker/Murphy ticket sound good to me!
Agreed about the age factor of the Democratic leadership. Hopefully they can put someone forward who isn't collecting Social Security. Then again, if the repugs have their way, nobody will be collecting Social Security.
/-----/ Ahhh geee. Another Strawman Argument. When has the GOP done anything to take away Social Security? Name one thing in their platform to even suggest that?
View attachment 193183

40 years ago Dem's said the GOP wants to take away our social security. Is the GOP just really slow or are Dem's lying? :eusa_think:

I really am interested in who Democrats here at USMB would like to see ultimately get their Party's nomination to take on Donald Trump. Who you got Dems? Go...

I agree that the Dems leadership is too old...they're still fighting the battles of the 1960s.

I'd like to see most of the Dem leadership retire (especially Pelosi). They need young blood.

There are lots of very capable young Dems, but they're being blocked by the old school.

Agreed about the age factor of the Democratic leadership. Hopefully they can put someone forward who isn't collecting Social Security. Then again, if the repugs have their way, nobody will be collecting Social Security.
/-----/ Ahhh geee. Another Strawman Argument. When has the GOP done anything to take away Social Security? Name one thing in their platform to even suggest that?
View attachment 193183
You mean aside from Bush's attempt to privatize it? Besides the fact the repugs just lopped off a Trillion dollars from Medicare/Medicaid funding and have other programs in their sights? Besides the repug hatred of the social safety net? Gee, I dunno. They have to pay for their permanent tax cuts for the rich somehow.

It's hard to predict since the nominees seem to come out of nowhere these days ….. (Obama and Trump come to mind).

Possibly ole Uncle Joey B... he enjoys pretty broad popularity but a bit long in the tooth and then there's the backbench-D, Corey Booker, Dizzy Lizzy, Sherrod Brown, Kirsten Gillibrand or even a complete nutcase like Kamala Harris.

…. and of course there's always a possibly of another insurgency led by Bernie Sanders even though he'll be older than Methuselah by the time 2020 rolls around.

IMHO the Democrat Presidential Primaries for 2020 should be even more laughable and entertaining than the Republican 2016 Primaries, of course nothing will be as funny as the post election "left wingers gone completely bonkers" YouTube videos if Trump beats whatever douche bag they put up against him.
Gavin Newsom

Most Presidents have been former state governors followed by people who were senators.
Trump is the only person to be elected president who had never held a political office beforehand.
The Dems will probably pick a moderate governor from the midwest.

Who?

I looked and there are not any Democrat governors in midwest states lol
There are only 16 Democrat governors, and there are not any moderate Democrat governors.
That's because to you, anyone to the left of Attila the Hun is a radical bomb throwing Bolshevik. There is Bullock, Inslee, and Hickenlooper in the West. Wolf and Cooper in the East. Probably others I can't think of offhand.

View attachment 193183

40 years ago Dem's said the GOP wants to take away our social security. Is the GOP just really slow or are Dem's lying? :eusa_think:
Remember the fable of the boiling frogs?

View attachment 193183

Remember the fable of the boiling frogs?
/----/ Your analogy is flawed - big surprise:

A frog sitting on a saucepan handle
The boiling frog is a fable describing a frog being slowly boiled alive. The premise is that if a frog is put suddenly into boiling water, it will jump out, but if the frog is put in tepid water which is then brought to a boil slowly, it will not perceive the danger and will be cooked to death. The story is often used as a metaphor for the inability or unwillingness of people to react to or be aware of threats that arise gradually.

While some 19th-century experiments suggested that the underlying premise is true if the heating is sufficiently gradual,[1][2] according to contemporary biologists the premise is false: a frog that is gradually heated will jump out.[3][4]Indeed, thermoregulation by changing location is a fundamentally necessary survival strategy for frogs and other ectotherms.

View attachment 193183
You mean aside from Bush's attempt to privatize it? Besides the fact the repugs just lopped off a Trillion dollars from Medicare/Medicaid funding and have other programs in their sights? Besides the repug hatred of the social safety net? Gee, I dunno. They have to pay for their permanent tax cuts for the rich somehow.

Regurgitated Democrat Fake News Bullshite. :cuckoo:

It's hard to predict since the nominees seem to come out of nowhere these days ….. (Obama and Trump come to mind).

Possibly ole Uncle Joey B... he enjoys pretty broad popularity but a bit long in the tooth and then there's the backbench-D, Corey Booker, Dizzy Lizzy, Sherrod Brown, Kirsten Gillibrand or even a complete nutcase like Kamala Harris.

…. and of course there's always a possibly of another insurgency led by Bernie Sanders even though he'll be older than Methuselah by the time 2020 rolls around.

IMHO the Democrat Presidential Primaries for 2020 should be even more laughable and entertaining than the Republican 2016 Primaries, of course nothing will be as funny as the post election "left wingers gone completely bonkers" YouTube videos if Trump beats whatever douche bag they put up against him.
Gavin Newsom

Interesting.

View attachment 193183
/----/
1. You mean aside from Bush's attempt to privatize it? Bush's plan was to allow people to put 3% of their SS payments into the Stock Market. No different than a 401K but limited to 3%. Did you know FDR's original SS bill included Privatization but Congressional democRATs blocked it?

Did you know that some Texas counties opted out of SS and the members get more money to retire on?
How Three Texas Counties Created Personal Social Security - Forbes
https://www.forbes.com/.../how-three-texas-counties-created-personal-social-security-a...
May 12, 2011 - Three Texas counties opted out of Social Security 30 years ago by switching ... Across the country, state and local governments are facing huge ...

2.) Besides the fact the repugs just lopped off a Trillion dollars from Medicare/Medicaid funding.. What does that have to do with SS?
non se·qui·tur
ˌnän ˈsekwədər
noun
a conclusion or statement that does not logically follow from the previous argument or statement.

3.) Besides the repug hatred of the social safety net? Now you're falling back on your strawman argument. Provide and evidence that the GOP hates SS. Maybe we don't think it's managed the best way, but we don't hate SS.

4.) Gee, I dunno. That is the understatement of the year.

I couldn't support him. He's proven to be a destructive Communist. He's just a younger version of Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, Schumer, and so on.
hmmm, not sure but he looks to me like is just playing to the far left of his party to garner support from them.

Maybe, but it looks to me like he's been groomed by the old Communists who run the Party. I couldn't support him. But he will appeal to younger folks who wanna see change in their Party. He'd have a chance.

Forum List

Back