OK Death Penalty Opponents - Now What ?

Only barbaric nations still use the death penalty
Sparing their innocent citizens the barbarity of being killed by killers not having gotten the death penalty. It helps when you look at the WHOLE picture, rather than just part of it.

I guess I can't copy and paste that info, so here is a link instead. Please look at it, Indeependent. Thanks. :)

Death Penalty Appeals Process | Capital Punishment in Context

Oh yeah, I get that.
In the meanwhile, the family and friends of the victim are languishing.
Our Jurists and Attorneys ARE bored but not quite as incompetent as one might imagine.
I know dozens of lawyers and they are NOT thoughtless.
Of course, most of them start at Blue Dog Democrat and start leaning towards Progressive and so they WANT to exonerate the accused.

I guess I can't copy and paste that info, so here is a link instead. Please look at it, Indeependent. Thanks. :)

That is the wrong link. I don't know what is going on with this site today, but something is definitely messed up! Let me try one more time to post this information.

Death penalty statistics, country by country | visualisation and data
You can't compare countries.
You may as well compare the love for pizza by country.

He's right though. Let's look at the countries we are keeping company with, shall we? :)
Speaking of looking at, how about we all tak a good look at THIS >>

A List of Murderers Released to Murder Again!

AND THIS >>

BTW, the link has much more than just Murderers Released to Murder Again. It also contains examples of convicted killers who killed other prison inmates, and there's also those who order "hits" on people outside the prison.

Oh yeah, I get that.
Our Jurists and Attorneys ARE bored but not quite as incompetent as one might imagine.
Of course, most of them start at Blue Dog Democrat and start leaning towards Progressive and so they WANT to exonerate the accused.

There are actually some family members of victims who are against the death penalty. A death penalty conviction is a BIG deal for any prosecutor and their team.

Death Penalty Focus : Death Penalty Can Prolong Suffering for Victims' Families

[TBODY][TR][TD]Death Penalty Can Prolong Suffering for Victims' Families[/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD]
[TBODY][TR][TD]
[/TD][/TR]
[TR="align: center"]
[TD="width: 200"]Vera Ramirez-Crutcher, whose son Donald Bruce was murdered, opposes the death penalty[/TD]​
[/TR][/TBODY]​
Numerous families and loved ones of murder victims support alternatives to the death penalty for many reasons, including:

• The death penalty process is a traumatizing experience for families, often requiring them to relive the pain and suffering of the death of their loved one for many years. Life without parole provides certain punishment without the endless reopening of wounds.
  • Hundreds of millions of dollars are spent on the death penalty each year. If we replace the death penalty with life without parole, millions of dollars could be spent on violence-prevention efforts, solving unsolved cases, and increasing victim services.
  • The death penalty places the focus on the legal consequences, not the human consequences. Attention is directed on the crime and the accused, instead of where it belongs — on the family and loved ones of the victim and on the community. Life without parole punishes the criminal without putting him or her in the headlines.
[/TD][/TR][/TBODY]

He's right though. Let's look at the countries we are keeping company with, shall we? :)
Speaking of looking at, how about we all tak a good look at THIS >>

A List of Murderers Released to Murder Again!

AND THIS >>

BTW, the link has much more than just Murderers Released to Murder Again. It also contains examples of convicted killers who killed other prison inmates, and there's also those who order "hits" on people outside the prison.

You just keep posting the SAME link over and over again. Lol.

Oh yeah, I get that.

There are actually some family members of victims who are against the death penalty. A death penalty conviction is a BIG deal for any prosecutor and their team.

Death Penalty Focus : Death Penalty Can Prolong Suffering for Victims' Families

I'm against my wife getting a ticket for going through a Red Light.
Since when does the opinion of a family member nullify a Law?
I'm not criticizing you, I'm trying to get across the idea that societies have laws and we can't haphazardly select which ones are adhered to.

Oh yeah, I get that.

I'm not criticizing you, I'm trying to get across the idea that societies have laws and we can't haphazardly select which ones are adhered to.

The death penalty is just not a practical solution. LWOP is much more practical. It saves us money, and we don't execute any innocent people. I don't want our taxpayer dollars going to kill citizens who MAY be innocent. The state is in a position of authority and control, and that is why the appeals processes are so extensive, lengthy and expensive. That is certainly not going to change. DNA is still not 100%. There are many cases of evidence that has been contaminated, not stored properly, tampered with, etc.

Oh yeah, I get that.

The death penalty is just not a practical solution. LWOP is much more practical. It saves us money, and we don't execute any innocent people. I don't want our taxpayer dollars going to kill citizens who MAY be innocent. The state is in a position of authority and control, and that is why the appeals processes are so extensive, lengthy and expensive. That is certainly not going to change. DNA is still not 100%. There are many cases of evidence that has been contaminated, not stored properly, tampered with, etc.

We COULD send them to the front lines against ISIS.
Truth be told, I wish we had the death penalty for embezzlement and other White Collar crimes that cause irreparable damage and misery to the masses.

FALSE! That argument was already refuted with the notation of the length of appeals, + the point about 100% positive evidence. And 100% positive evidence is not just DNA. That also has already been noted. You are going round and round in a debate you have already lost. That's not accomplishing anything.

As for changing the appeals process, that is up to the citizenry to decide. Govt of, by, for the people.

Last edited:
ChrisL: If a murder was committed on live international TV, very clearly, during the Super Bowl, would you suggest 30 years of appeals ? 20 ? 10 ? 5 ? How about 1 ?

Forum List

Back