Oil spill.. Obama's fault

This just in...........

Obama is now sending in 2 of these.....................:eek::eek:

C-130_Hercules_a.jpg

w0w................fcukking brilliant move..............12 days later!!! These two planes should get the job done.:rofl: The slick is only hudreds of miles wide now!!!

The slick is 70 miles wide. What a dumbass you are. Try reading every now and again.

old-man-laughing-2.jpg

UF expert says oil spill could spread to east coast of Florida

By Joe Callahan
Staff writer

Published: Friday, April 30, 2010 at 2:42 p.m.
Last Modified: Friday, April 30, 2010 at 6:57 p.m.
( page of 4 )

A University of Florida professor and oceanographic expert says he believes the east coast of Florida might see the worst of the impact of the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

West Coast of Florida could be spared; East Coast could get the brunt of oil spill | Gainesville.com

laugh...........my...............balls................off

This thread certainly calls for a quick check of the USMessage Board political Forum scoreboard........................

Lets see.............................

Scoreboardbig.jpg

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooops!!!!

Why am I STILL waiting for one of you "conservatives" to show me the language in our Constitution where is states the Federal Government is responsible for cleaning up oil spills in the oceans caused by private, capitalistic corporations?

Because the states don't have a Navy or Army Corps (Pronounced 'corpse') of Engineers.

Looking in everybody's pocket and taking a health care proxy are things the Federal government should do but not cleaning up the greatest environmental disaster in history.

OK, that makes good sense

Last edited:
Has CNN & NBC blamed that BOOOOOOOOOOSH and the Tea Partiers yet? Their guy has completely bungled this calamity. Will the Liberal Press ever be honest? Don't hold your breath.

Why am I STILL waiting for one of you "conservatives" to show me the language in our Constitution where is states the Federal Government is responsible for cleaning up oil spills in the oceans caused by private, capitalistic corporations?

Because the states don't have a Navy or Army Corp (Pronounced 'corpse') of Engineers.

Looking in everybody's pocket and taking a health care proxy are things the Federal government should do but not cleaning up the greatest environmental disaster in history.

:D:rofl::tomato::eusa_dance:

Gotta give VaYank some credit though..............he gets publically pwned yet brings his humiliated ass in here consistently for more. That says something.

I knew this knucklehead over at another board where the same thing happened for years.............for example, about a dozen times he started threads about how Bush being impeached was a "certainty"!!! Got pwned about a hundred times by my gay MSPaint Photobucket classics too...........but continued to come back for epic pwnage!!!

These boards would suck for conservatives without k00ks like VaYank!!!:badgrin:

Using Democrat logic... shades of Katrina

If Bush ended up getting blamed for a natural disaster like Katrina then using Democrat logic... Obama and the Democrats should certainly be blamed for the, MAN MADE oil spill and the hardship it has created.

1) they didn't properly oversee the exploratory oil drilling

2) they didn't prepare for the potential of such a disaster

3) their response was and is totally inadequate

:eusa_whistle:

Perspective.

Do try to get some.

If Bush ended up getting blamed for a natural disaster like Katrina then using Democrat logic... Obama and the Democrats should certainly be blamed for the, MAN MADE oil spill and the hardship it has created.

Perspective.

Do try to get some.

Perspective. Yes... It's a perspective...:razz:

Do try to get some....thanks for your concern.. I'll do what I can...:lol:

You do realize that the oil that hits the US beaches is carried in by prevailing winds....

just like a hurricane....:eusa_whistle:

If winds would blow from the North, then the US wouldn't be effected.

Wait one second didn't Obama say that he would heal the oceans while he was campaigning?

Because the states don't have a Navy or Army Corps (Pronounced 'corpse') of Engineers.

What the hell does the Army Corps of Engineers have to do with anything? Please show me the language in the Constitution that states the Federal Government should clean up oil spills caused by private corporations.

You do realize that the oil that hits the US beaches is carried in by prevailing winds....

So again, the problem is the WIND? Not the 500,000 gallons of crude being released from the ocean floor by BP's broken rig?

Perhaps we should be reconsidering the Alternative Energy represented by wind, wave, solar, and geothermal. Electric cars are practical with present technology. Were we to spend one half of what this disaster is going to cost us on developing a better system of storing electrical power, we could have long range electrical vehicles in five years. Vehicles that we could charge from the solar cells on our roofs, instead of making a few people very rich as they foul our coasts.

It doesn't seem to me like we could significantly get ourselves off of our dependency on fossil fuels anytime soon, but I wish we were doing more towards that end. Drilling off our coast still isn't really a bad idea despite this. If nothing else, it would create jobs. It's just that oil and coal are in limited supply and there are only so many places we'll be able to drill/mine it. Doesn't seem like enough people who can make a difference are concerned about that.

Perhaps we should be reconsidering the Alternative Energy represented by wind, wave, solar, and geothermal. Electric cars are practical with present technology. Were we to spend one half of what this disaster is going to cost us on developing a better system of storing electrical power, we could have long range electrical vehicles in five years. Vehicles that we could charge from the solar cells on our roofs, instead of making a few people very rich as they foul our coasts.

It doesn't seem to me like we could significantly get ourselves off of our dependency on fossil fuels anytime soon, but I wish we were doing more towards that end. Drilling off our coast still isn't really a bad idea despite this. If nothing else, it would create jobs. It's just that oil and coal are in limited supply and there are only so many places we'll be able to drill/mine it. Doesn't seem like enough people who can make a difference are concerned about that.

Good post.

However, I think we could minimize our dependency on oil rather quickly, if big oil did not have own so many Congressmen/women. Seems to me like alternatives are stifled rather than encouraged in America.

Immie

So again, the problem is the WIND? Not the 500,000 gallons of crude being released from the ocean floor by BP's broken rig?

:clap2:

You got it.

If the wind would blow from the North, then we wouldn't have an issue with the crude.

If Katrina would have hit Mexico, then it wouldn't have caused damage to New Orleans.

The Wind Gods Hate Louisiana.

HAHAHAHAHA.......you guys are simply pathetic. Keep looking. If Palin gets elected in 2012, you'll probably see screw ups on the level of Dubya. Then you can bitch....but knowing you, you'll make excuses.

Just in case you missed it, the Navy nor the Corp of engineers are responsible for the safety (or lack there of) procedures of a foreign corporation operating in international waters. You guys must want REALLY BIG GOVERNMENT!!!

Massive calamities like this are only the President's fault if they're a Republican. That's Democrat logic. I'd rather call it Democrat illogic though. If this guy was a Republican the Liberal Press and all Liberal nutters would probably be calling for Impeachment over this tragedy. That's just the truth. He'll get a free pass from the corrupt MSM on this one. Bet on that. It is very sad but it is what it is.

In what way was it not "properly overseen"?

Did they know the potential? The nature and breadth of the spill changed daily. It appears it was grossly underestimated by BP at the beginning. What exactly is the governments' role in the business of a private company? These rigs actually have quite a good safety record, the last incident was almost 25 years ago I believe. Would "adqequately" preparing have meant a cost-prohibitive approach that would discourage drilling?

In what way - what could they have done differently given what they knew?

The difference is - when Katrina was past - and the damage was known, a prompt and all out effort by the government can help mitigate the worst of it. You can't "prevent" a hurricane, but the President can be there, can be on hand - immediately - assuring the people, and most of all he can cut through a whole lot of red tape fast. Again - look at Johnson's reaction to Betsy.

I think the current rightwing attempts to paint a Katrina comparison are woefully inadquate. Bush wasn't faulted for Katrina, but for a poor, disorganized and bungled government response. For better and worse, that will be part of his legacy. A more accurate comparison would be Bush-Katrina and Johnson-Betsy.

Forum List

Back