Ohio lawmakers urge Trump to change Denali's name back to Mt. McKinley

Why do a bunch of legislators in Ohio care about a mountain in Alaska?

...Because President McKinley was from Ohio.
Are there mountains in Ohio? They should name one after him.
I didn't find any mountains but we could name these peaks after McKinley...

49d6d56030ffb5c9e52e8616b9738f36.jpg

Damn --- maybe that necklace counterweight should hang on the other side rather than the udder side...

What's your point? I honestly don't give a shit though I'm from Ohio originally. Are you a member of the Indian tribe that called it Denali?
My point? Wtf is Ohio doing trying to name mountains in Alaska?

What's your point? I honestly don't give a shit though I'm from Ohio originally. Are you a member of the Indian tribe that called it Denali?
My point? Wtf is Ohio doing trying to name mountains in Alaska?

If you can't understand it, then you are an idiot. It was named after a President from Ohio. Are you a member of the Natives that named it Denali? If not why do you care?

Oh yeah. I've been through Ohio and I can tell ya, summa them Ohio mountains top thirty, forty feet. Yuge.

Actually Andrew Johnson was the POTUS when we bought Alaska, three decades before McKinley.....
Driving through Ohio was one of the most boring things I've ever had to do. Maybe if I lived in that flat wasteland, I'd be demanding other states change the names of their mountains, lakes, rivers, etc. too.

Gotta love the irony ------ here's people who want Donald Rump to put somebody else's name on a bigly thing.

Clearly they don't know who they're dealing with.

Oh yeah. I've been through Ohio and I can tell ya, summa them Ohio mountains top thirty, forty feet. Yuge.

Actually Andrew Johnson was the POTUS when we bought Alaska, three decades before McKinley.....

So? You understand that the people the name Denali matters to, have always called it that even when the U.S. government recognized it as Mt. McKinley.

So? You understand that the people the name Denali matters to, have always called it that even when the U.S. government recognized it as Mt. McKinley.
Well guess what, butthurt Ohioans can call it Mt. McKinley now that it's officially called Denali

Driving through Ohio was one of the most boring things I've ever had to do. Maybe if I lived in that flat wasteland, I'd be demanding other states change the names of their mountains, lakes, rivers, etc. too.

While planning a trip to Ireland I remember being advised by those with experience to stay to the coastline and ignore the middle except to reach the other side, "unless you like the Irish equivalent of Ohio". He didn't have to explain.

I have to say I had fun times in Ohio with nice people in there and from there, no slight intended on them. But trying to force a name on another state four thousand miles away --- which the vast majority of them will never see anyway --- is a bit loony.

If you can't understand it, then you are an idiot. It was named after a President from Ohio.
So what? Can I demand the mountain be called George Washington mountain, since he was born in mystate?

Get enough people to do it, and have at it. That's how it works.

...but since you aren't that energetic to actually follow through nothing will happen but you bitch about a mountain's name on a political forum. Not to mention Washington already has a monument, is on Mount Rushmore, and is on money I doubt anyone feels Washington needs more things named after him.

Well guess what, butthurt Ohioans can call it Mt. McKinley now that it's officially called Denali

Oh, so now taking up a cause is being butthurt. Let me file that away for the next time you feel like you've been wronged. ;)

If you can't understand it, then you are an idiot. It was named after a President from Ohio.
So what? Can I demand the mountain be called George Washington mountain, since he was born in mystate?

...but since you aren't that energetic to actually follow through nothing will happen but you bitch about a mountain's name on a political forum. Not to mention Washington already has a monument, is on Mount Rushmore, and is on money I doubt anyone feels Washington needs more things named after him.
This thread is about Ohioans, and apparently yourself, bitching about the name of a mountain. I'm perfectly fine with its name.

Why did we ever change it to denali in the first place.? Why is the injun name better than the white man name for a mountain? Injuns are just boozers on welfare.

feb 1 2018 GOP lawmakers from Ohio are pressing President Trump to uphold a promise to reverse former President Obama's decision and rename the Alaskan mountain Denali to its old name, Mt. McKinley.

In a letter to Trump, the 11 lawmakers say it was "disrespectful" for Obama to change the name of the mountain, which had been named after William McKinley, a former president from Ohio. The mountain was named after the 25th president in 1896.

"President William McKinley's legacy should not be compromised by a political stunt," the letter signed by Rep. Bob Gibbs (R-Ohio) and other lawmakers stated.

"Mr. President, we appreciate your comments opposing the Obama administration's actions and stand ready to work with you to preserve William McKinley's legacy by restoring President William McKinley's name to the Alaska mountain."

In 2015 Trump tweeted in response to Obama's decision to change the mountain's name, "President Obama wants to change the name of Mt. McKinley to Denali after more than 100 years. Great insult to Ohio. I will change back!"
Political correctness fucks everything up it touches, progressives are a bunch of whiny little pussies.
Go redskins!!!

This thread is about Ohioans, and apparently yourself, bitching about the name of a mountain. I'm perfectly fine with its name.

You are the one that brought up Washington you dip shit. Have you recently suffered a blow to the head?

Oh, so now taking up a cause is being butthurt. Let me file that away for the next time you feel like you've been wronged. ;)
A cause? Naming a mountain in a state over 4,000 miles away is a cause? :laugh:

Forum List

Back