Ohio GOP -- These Lying Fucks

Uh, no. We don't have universal healthcare because Americans are citizens rather than subjects. And "black welfare" has caused massive damage to the black race and family. Some very cruel and indifferent people support "black welfare" and Planned Parenthood. But hey, if you want to continue to obliterate the black race, go for it. Just don't get angry when you're called on it.

Does it hurt to be this stupid, xsited1?

It should.

:lol: Madeline calling anybody stupid is just hilarious. You really need to get back on your meds. But I will say your posts make for good conversation, as in "you should see this post from this lady who is totally off her rocker!" I feel sorry for you, Madeline. I hope you get the help you need.

If you were not butt hurt that I insulted you, why did you neg me, xsited?

Grow the fuck up, baby boy.

I think the only problem is a hundred responses in a thread and not one contains a quote from the actual story. The problem with politics is people are to emotional, the problem with politics is that people are to partisan.

Take the article it actually lists some details of the bills. I will look at the first one. The first bill, comes from a Democrat banning late-term abortions.

Is that your people position, when Democrats attempt to ban the killing of babies you will call it the cruel actions of Republicans.

Get a hold of yourselves, this thread is like mass hysteria, screaming about the newly elected when its the same politicians from Ohio that have been in office for years passing abortion bills, A Democrat bill on late term abortion.

The title of this thread should be Democrat wants Late-Term abortion banned.

If your about to have a baby and change your mind after carrying the baby for 22 weeks, you can always get in your car, if your belly still fits, and find another way to murder a baby that is a baby, not a fetus.

If I assume any of you read the article I must assume your monsters. Abortion at 22 weeks is nothing less than cold blooded murder.

Ohio Republican lawmakers introduce slew of bills aimed at restricting access to abortions | cleveland.com

House Bill 7, sponsored by Rep. Lorraine Fende, Democrat of Willowick: To establish a late-term abortion ban when a woman is at least 22 weeks' pregnant and a doctor determines the fetus is viable, which means it can live outside the womb. Fende's bill has been overshadowed by another late-term abortion ban Republicans have sponsored.

You are just not hearing me, mdn. I am mad because the GOP legislators and governor I elected did not run on an anti-abortion platform. Abortion was never mentioned during the campaign -- just jobs, taxes, the deficit and corruption. Whatever the POV you may have about abortion, it is still defective.

Just like the Tea Party/GOP congressmen who ran on the "we need jobs" platform and are now fiddling around, redefining rape and such.

Whatever happened to "say what you do, do what you say"?

These lying shits. I elected them to address the burning issues of corruption and financial disaster, and what do they do? Turn the Ohio State Legislature into the home office of Operation Rescue. I'm so fucking mad. If they were gonna do this, it should have been their campaign slogan -- "elect me and I will extinguish abortion rights for Ohio women".

FUCK.

This is such a horrendous case of bait and switch, it should be the basis for a recall drive. Liars. Every fucking one of them -- LIARS.

Ohio Republican lawmakers introduce slew of bills aimed at restricting access to abortions | cleveland.com

I really don't think it should matter where you stand on the issue of abortion. None of you should celebrate a raft of candidates getting elected on a platform they immediately abandon so they can sneak around and do something totally different. I'd be angry if they had run on an anti-abortion platform and gotten elected, yes, but I would not feel BETRAYED.

Your link only goes to a title. The story isn't there (at least for me).

So are they cutting funding to it directly? Or are they cutting funding that just happens to have abortion in it and the media is just playing it up, again?

You are just not hearing me, mdn. I am mad because the GOP legislators and governor I elected did not run on an anti-abortion platform. Abortion was never mentioned during the campaign -- just jobs, taxes, the deficit and corruption. Whatever the POV you may have about abortion, it is still defective.

Just like the Tea Party/GOP congressmen who ran on the "we need jobs" platform and are now fiddling around, redefining rape and such.

This bill is a Democrat bill, you title should thus include the Democrats. I understand your issue with abortion, this is late term abortion, a bill introduced by a Democrat.

How about that estate tax there in Ohio, it seems your focused only on abortion when the GOP is addressing the issue of Jobs, not tomorrow, but today. I am not going to spend a shit load of time addressing this, especially considering it appears that no one is even reading the article.

I would of figured the fact that one of the abortion bills was from a Democrat was pretty big news. Especially considering all it has to do with is Late Term Abortion, as in if the kid is left alone he could be having his diaper changed in a few weeks.

Anyhow seems the GOP is addressing jobs, which means the car industry correct, I know you got an idle plant on the turnpike near Pennsylvania, that is a national issue, I am not sure how much the state GOP can create car industry jobs when Obama has his boot on the throat of the Automobile industry.

Looks to me that the state politicians are addressing the economy. It is a hard fight when the fight for jobs involves getting rid of heavy taxes and regulations.

Estate tax repeal among 18 bills Ohio House GOP introduces to advance agenda | cleveland.com

COLUMBUS, Ohio - The new Republican majority in the Ohio House of Representatives introduced a plan to repeal the Ohio estate tax on Tuesday, along with other bills to advance an agenda they say is focused on job creation.

Of the 18 bills introduced Tuesday, some dealt directly with the economy while others sought to change laws regarding pit bulls and speeding tickets.

Other bills introduced Tuesday would:

• Authorize Kasich, a Republican, to create JobsOhio, the private, nonprofit economic development corporation he will establish to replace the Ohio Department of Development.

• Establish tax credits for employers who hire unemployed people and for businesses that expand into vacant buildings.

• Prohibit late-term abortions. Rep. Lorraine Fende, a Democrat from Willowick, introduced the bill.

• Take pit bulls off the state's "vicious dog" list.

• Prohibit speeding tickets based on an officer's visual estimation of speed of a motor vehicle.

Two Thumbs wrote:

So are they cutting funding to it directly? Or are they cutting funding that just happens to have abortion in it and the media is just playing it up, again?

There is no government funding for abortion, Two Thumbs, except for the victims of rape or incest who receive Medicaid....and that will be altered (if at all) at the federal level.

They have 5 different proposals, of varying degrees of constitutionality, to reduce access to abortion.

Bothers me that you cannot open the link. Lemme try again.

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- In a span of eight days, Ohio Statehouse Republicans will have introduced five separate bills aimed at restricting access to abortions, including a controversial measure banning the procedure as early as six weeks after conception.

The latest proposal -- set to be announced today -- would make Ohio the first state to consider the so-called "heartbeat bill." It would outlaw abortions the moment a fetus' heartbeat is detected -- among the earliest stages a state has tried to ban the procedure.
"We are Ground Zero of what I believe will transform the pro-life movement," said Janet Folger Porter, president of Faith2Action and an architect of the bill which is also expected to be similarly introduced in other states. "It will be the most protective legislation in the country."

With Republicans controlling all three branches of state government, GOP leaders here are pining for a fight on one of the most controversial issues in American politics. Should such a state law reach the U.S. Supreme Court today, it would be argued in front of a conservative-leaning court.

That is just an excerpt. This is the entire article:

If you still cannot open the link, PM me and I will send you the whole article, if you want it.

This bill is a Democrat bill, you title should thus include the Democrats. I understand your issue with abortion, this is late term abortion, a bill introduced by a Democrat.

How about that estate tax there in Ohio, it seems your focused only on abortion when the GOP is addressing the issue of Jobs, not tomorrow, but today. I am not going to spend a shit load of time addressing this, especially considering it appears that no one is even reading the article.

I would of figured the fact that one of the abortion bills was from a Democrat was pretty big news. Especially considering all it has to do with is Late Term Abortion, as in if the kid is left alone he could be having his diaper changed in a few weeks.

Anyhow seems the GOP is addressing jobs, which means the car industry correct, I know you got an idle plant on the turnpike near Pennsylvania, that is a national issue, I am not sure how much the state GOP can create car industry jobs when Obama has his boot on the throat of the Automobile industry.

Looks to me that the state politicians are addressing the economy. It is a hard fight when the fight for jobs involves getting rid of heavy taxes and regulations.

Estate tax repeal among 18 bills Ohio House GOP introduces to advance agenda | cleveland.com

COLUMBUS, Ohio - The new Republican majority in the Ohio House of Representatives introduced a plan to repeal the Ohio estate tax on Tuesday, along with other bills to advance an agenda they say is focused on job creation.

Of the 18 bills introduced Tuesday, some dealt directly with the economy while others sought to change laws regarding pit bulls and speeding tickets.

Other bills introduced Tuesday would:

• Authorize Kasich, a Republican, to create JobsOhio, the private, nonprofit economic development corporation he will establish to replace the Ohio Department of Development.

• Establish tax credits for employers who hire unemployed people and for businesses that expand into vacant buildings.

• Prohibit late-term abortions. Rep. Lorraine Fende, a Democrat from Willowick, introduced the bill.

• Take pit bulls off the state's "vicious dog" list.

• Prohibit speeding tickets based on an officer's visual estimation of speed of a motor vehicle.

They should most definately repeal the estate tax, mdn. It generates no appreciate revenues and gives the state a black eye.

I agree, altering regulations on business is heavy lifting. That is precisely why I want them to get on with the task I hired them to do.

It looks to me like abortion was an issue people ran on, they even had billboards. Again, the title of your thread does not seem to be reflecting the truth.

Battle Over Free Speech

DESPERATE DEMOCRATS

Facing extremely unfavorable polling numbers and lack of support from the Democrat Party – Driehaus made a desperate move.

After learning about the billboard, Driehaus filed a complaint with the Ohio Election Commission (OEC) on Oct. 6, alleging SBA List violated two election laws when it tried to place on billboards the simple message, “Driehaus voted FOR taxpayer-funded abortion.”

SBA List filed a challenge with a federal judge, requesting a temporary restraining order against Driehaus and the OEC. A decision is expected by Wednesday. Should the seven-member commission concur with Driehaus on Oct. 28, SBA List President Marjorie Dannenfelser could not only face stiff penalties, but also six months jail time.

driehaus-billboard2-e1286572876746.jpg

Two Thumbs wrote:

There is no government funding for abortion, Two Thumbs, except for the victims of rape or incest who receive Medicaid....and that will be altered (if at all) at the federal level.

They have 5 different proposals, of varying degrees of constitutionality, to reduce access to abortion.

Bothers me that you cannot open the link. Lemme try again.

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- In a span of eight days, Ohio Statehouse Republicans will have introduced five separate bills aimed at restricting access to abortions, including a controversial measure banning the procedure as early as six weeks after conception.

The latest proposal -- set to be announced today -- would make Ohio the first state to consider the so-called "heartbeat bill." It would outlaw abortions the moment a fetus' heartbeat is detected -- among the earliest stages a state has tried to ban the procedure.
"We are Ground Zero of what I believe will transform the pro-life movement," said Janet Folger Porter, president of Faith2Action and an architect of the bill which is also expected to be similarly introduced in other states. "It will be the most protective legislation in the country."

With Republicans controlling all three branches of state government, GOP leaders here are pining for a fight on one of the most controversial issues in American politics. Should such a state law reach the U.S. Supreme Court today, it would be argued in front of a conservative-leaning court.

That is just an excerpt. This is the entire article:

If you still cannot open the link, PM me and I will send you the whole article, if you want it.

seems like a waste of time.

This is one of the reason I left the gop. to much focus on this kinda stuff and not enough on the economy. It's thier chance to shine and prove being fiscally conservative is the right answer, but instead they go with socially conservative stuff, that can be done later.

It looks to me like abortion was an issue people ran on, they even had billboards. Again, the title of your thread does not seem to be reflecting the truth.

Battle Over Free Speech

DESPERATE DEMOCRATS

Facing extremely unfavorable polling numbers and lack of support from the Democrat Party – Driehaus made a desperate move.

After learning about the billboard, Driehaus filed a complaint with the Ohio Election Commission (OEC) on Oct. 6, alleging SBA List violated two election laws when it tried to place on billboards the simple message, “Driehaus voted FOR taxpayer-funded abortion.”

SBA List filed a challenge with a federal judge, requesting a temporary restraining order against Driehaus and the OEC. A decision is expected by Wednesday. Should the seven-member commission concur with Driehaus on Oct. 28, SBA List President Marjorie Dannenfelser could not only face stiff penalties, but also six months jail time.

It was not an issue (as best I can recall) in the race for Ohio governor, or state legislators, mdn. Mebbe you have be here to appreciate it, but Ohio is on the ropes. These people promised to work on fiscal issues, and they are NOT doing so.

Battle Over Free Speech

DESPERATE DEMOCRATS

It was not an issue (as best I can recall) in the race for Ohio governor, or state legislators, mdn. Mebbe you have be here to appreciate it, but Ohio is on the ropes. These people promised to work on fiscal issues, and they are NOT doing so.
well, it looks like they ARE doing it
this is just one of MANY measure they are taking on

The abortion issue makes me sick. It's so divisive. Why can't we work on fixing the economy and creating jobs?

Last edited:
The abortion issue makes me sick. It's so divisive. Why can't we work on fixing the economy and creating jobs?

I agree. But here's another puzzler: why can't we work towards reducing the number of abortions needed? That should be a goal we all share....yet the anti-abortion crew is unbending in its opposition to public school sex ed, etc. that might could have an impact.

Makes no damned sense to me.

I agree. But here's another puzzler: why can't we work towards reducing the number of abortions needed? That should be a goal we all share....yet the anti-abortion crew is unbending in its opposition to public school sex ed, etc. that might could have an impact.

not true
but the pro abortion crew seems to not want the ONLY 100% effective method to be taught

not true
but the pro abortion crew seems to not want the ONLY 100% effective method to be taught

*Sigh*

This argument again. Okay.

Human sexual behavior, if voluntary, is a function of values, beliefs, emotions and other matters that I feel, as to minors, are 100% within the province of the family. However, if you wanna teach a sexual ethics course in public high schools? Fine by me.

But unless you teach the mechanics of development, reproduction, illness and birth control, the children are unable to cope. Now, you may wish to raise children who lack the knowledge to protect themselves, but I do not like paying to support them and their offspring. I also do not like having them in the same school as my kid, who although I had made sure she knew what's up, still had social pressures put on her by your kid, who did not.

Ergo, IMO, all children, without exception, should be taught THE FACTS. And THE FACTS include knowledge of the various methods of birth control.

not true

*Sigh*

This argument again. Okay.

Human sexual behavior, if voluntary, is a function of values, beliefs, emotions and other matters that I feel, as to minors, are 100% within the province of the family. However, if you wanna teach a sexual ethics course in public high schools? Fine by me.

But unless you teach the mechanics of development, reproduction, illness and birth control, the children are unable to cope. Now, you may wish to raise children who lack the knowledge to protect themselves, but I do not like paying to support them and their offspring. I also do not like having them in the same school as my kid, who although I had made sure she knew what's up, still had social pressures put on her by your kid, who did not.

Ergo, IMO, all children, without exception, should be taught THE FACTS. And THE FACTS include knowledge of the various methods of birth control.
you were wrong in your statement about what Pro-life people support for education

O really? I am prepared to be dazzled, Divey. Lemme see all the sex education initiatives the anti-abortion crew has sponsored.

But I mean e-d-u-c-a-t-i-o-n, not "abstinence teaching".

Forum List

Back