Oh shit, has this poor kid ever stepped in it !

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Feel sorry for this guy, the left will now demonize him to potential suicide.
He'll not only be called the usual, sexist, racist, homophobe, etc etc etc etc, but he's likely to receive death threats.

High school wrestler forfeits final match rather than face a girl at Colorado state tournament

Brendan Johnston had a chance to place at the Colorado state wrestling tournament on Saturday.

Instead, he chose to forfeit because he didnā€™t want to wrestle a girl.

Faced with the prospect of advancing in the 106-pound consolation bracket, Johnston simply declined to wrestle his third-round opponent Angel Rios.

Wrestler ā€˜not really comfortableā€™ taking on a girl
Why? Because he didnā€™t want to ā€œtreat a young lady like that on the mat.ā€

ā€œIā€™m not really comfortable with a couple of things with wrestling a girl,ā€ Johnston told the Denver Post. ā€œThe physical contact, thereā€™s a lot of it in wrestling.

ā€œAnd I guess the physical aggression, too. I donā€™t want to treat a young lady like that on the mat. Or off the mat. And not to disrespect the heart or the effort that sheā€™s put in. Thatā€™s not what I want to do, either.ā€

High school wrestler quits rather than face a girl

It is his decision and is a good one.
Of course the left will vilify him - it's what they do.
But his reasons are valid, he is uncomfortable with the physical contact that occurs, and treating a female rough. Therefore he would not put 100% into it, and that affects the integrity of the sport.

Congratulations, Brendan! What a polite young man! What kind of victory would out fighting a girl? What kind of sport would it be if one participant didn't give it all he had? What a gem! Hope everyone appreciates him at school. Congratulations to his parents as well. Well done!

Congratulations, Brendan! What a polite young man! What kind of victory would out fighting a girl? What kind of sport would it be if one participant didn't give it all he had? What a gem! Hope everyone appreciates him at school. Congratulations to his parents as well. Well done!

Yep, but unfortunately he's probably going to get a barrage of hate.

But his reasons are valid, he is uncomfortable with the physical contact that occurs, and treating a female rough. Therefore he would not put 100% into it, and that affects the integrity of the sport.
Not ALL the left.

I agree w/the boy as well.

Not ALL the left.

I agree w/the boy as well.
I can only hope that the kid doesn't get bullied on social media and death threats to him and his family. But he probably will.
It is way past time the left takes the leftest bullies everywhere...starting with the media bullies... to task. And if they don't, their complicity is the same as agreeing.

It was the kids choice to make. I'm not sure why I should care either way.

Only if he is vilified for doing it. Watch the video, you can see how the media channel was "on her side". That is clear. They put her in a good light, showed her brother and Dad talking about her, again in a good light... but no positive statements about the boy.
That is something to care about.

I can only hope that the kid doesn't get bullied on social media and death threats to him and his family. But he probably will.
It is way past time the left takes the leftest bullies everywhere...starting with the media bullies... to task. And if they don't, their complicity is the same as agreeing.
I honestly don't see that happening.

Unlike some of the radicals on my side, most people understand that there's a difference between a man and a woman.

I honestly don't see that happening.

Unlike some of the radicals on my side, most people understand that there's a difference between a man and a woman.

Well I am glad you have the basic logic to know, and accept that.
However your "side" is very much trying to close that difference. Hard.

Only if he is vilified for doing it. Watch the video, you can see how the media channel was "on her side". That is clear. They put her in a good light, showed her brother and Dad talking about her, again in a good light... but no positive statements about the boy.
That is something to care about.

On her side? I didn't see any sides represented. They reported the story, and that was that. Did you think he should of gotten praise for participating? He would have had to participate to get that. You're just looking for something to whine about.

Another good thing about what this guy did is the fact that guys have been given the green light to invade what is supposed to be women's only sports. Sadly nice people like this guy for example may be the only way that females can have any kind of success.

God bless you and those who play the right way always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back