Parents and Children

Preacher

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2015
Georgia Mountains
Curious here, does anyone else have a child that TO YOU looks NOTHING like you? My oldest child looks a lot like me has my skin tone,attitude,eye color etc etc,middle daughter is spitting image of my wife when she was younger,youngest daughter looked like me but is changing and looks more like her mother now but our son is 10 and since he was young I have always wondered why he doesn't look like me AT ALL. He has blue eyes and brown hair,granted blue eyes run on both sides of our family (my grandfather,wife's father) and pale skin he gets from his mother,EVERYONE says they see me in him but I don't. It drives me crazy I guess because he is my only son...I can remember the time wife got pregnant and we had one vehicle and were broke poor literally so I know there was no funny business going on as I literally took her to and from work and we never had money to go anywhere else! My grandmother called him little Lorenzo after my grandfather who died 4 months to the day before my son was born but to me I don't see it. He certainly has my attitude and personality but looks wise it bothers me.

I dont' but my understanding is that genetics are insanely complex and having a kid who's features don't have the certain identifying features that you expect, is something that can just happen.

Blue eyes are very much regressive. If he has the color of your family, that is a big win for you.

Curious here, does anyone else have a child that TO YOU looks NOTHING like you?

Does he look like this guy?

mailman-hp.jpg

Curious here, does anyone else have a child that TO YOU looks NOTHING like you? My oldest child looks a lot like me has my skin tone,attitude,eye color etc etc,middle daughter is spitting image of my wife when she was younger,youngest daughter looked like me but is changing and looks more like her mother now but our son is 10 and since he was young I have always wondered why he doesn't look like me AT ALL. He has blue eyes and brown hair,granted blue eyes run on both sides of our family (my grandfather,wife's father) and pale skin he gets from his mother,EVERYONE says they see me in him but I don't. It drives me crazy I guess because he is my only son...I can remember the time wife got pregnant and we had one vehicle and were broke poor literally so I know there was no funny business going on as I literally took her to and from work and we never had money to go anywhere else! My grandmother called him little Lorenzo after my grandfather who died 4 months to the day before my son was born but to me I don't see it. He certainly has my attitude and personality but looks wise it bothers me.
Probably the luckiest guy in the world not to look like you..

I dont' but my understanding is that genetics are insanely complex and having a kid who's features don't have the certain identifying features that you expect, is something that can just happen.

Blue eyes are very much regressive. If he has the color of your family, that is a big win for you.
Oldest daughter has brown eyes like me,Son has blue eyes like his grandfather on mother's side and great grandfather on my side,youngest 2 daughters have green eyes like my wife.
Probably the luckiest guy in the world not to look like you..
LOL....in some ways yes...

I have four kids that turned out better than I did growing up..I was that little bastard in the neighborhood.

I have four kids that turned out better than I did growing up..I was that little bastard in the neighborhood.
Lol same here. I was HORRIBLE. He has the brains which I had but I didn't have parents that rode my ass to make something of myself. Which is why I am at 34 in college instead of doing that BEFORE I had kids.

Do you know anything about God's gifts? They come in many packages?

Do you know anything about God's gifts? They come in many packages?
With a bow?

Forum List

Back