Oh, No! MSM Has Osama Melt Down, It's A GOP Plot!

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Annie, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Really, on air conspiracy theory, links at site, including video:

http://hughhewitt.com/archives/2006/01/15-week/index.php#a001085

2. Abbey Normal

Abbey Normal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +391
  3. jAZ

jAZ Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7
    All those public terror alert press conferences disappeared completely after the 2004 elections.

Are you guys seriously suggesting that a standing President and his appointed leadership team would never consider using their authority to alert the pubilc if such alert would support their political campaign of "the other guy won't protect you... only I will"?

I mean how could they possibly not do such a thing? It's a powerful political tool that is nearly impossible to get busted for. There is always some report somewhere that can be construed as being urgent. It's the perfect act of political duplicity.

How about a healthy dose of skepticism of politicans once in a while. The Republican party is not a collection of devinely inspired angels. They are politicians (pardon my language).

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    :tinfoil:

5. jAZ

jAZ Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I'm believe I'm supposed to say "watch the flaming!" :D

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    That wasn't a flame, rather an observation on your comment.

7. Mariner

Mariner Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +52
    experts would interpret the tape as bin Laden fearful and on the run. Unfortunately, some seem to have concluded the opposite:

Tape a 'big blow' to Bush
    BY CRAIG GORDON
    WASHINGTON BUREAU

January 20, 2006

WASHINGTON -- The White House said a new audiotape shows Osama bin Laden is "on the run," but counterterrorism experts said it instead pointed up an embarrassing fact for President George W. Bush: It appears bin Laden is alive and well four years after Sept. 11.

More than that, some counterterror analysts pointed to parallels in a 2004 bin Laden tape where he offered a similar "truce" to European leaders, only to have the London subway bombings take place about a year later.

U.S. officials said yesterday that they had picked up no increased "chatter" signaling an imminent attack inside the United States, despite bin Laden's threat that a strike is in the works.

The Department of Homeland Security said it has no plans to raise the national terror alert level of yellow, the middle step of five.

The CIA confirmed the voice is bin Laden's and believes the audiotape was made recently, a senior administration official said. The al-Qaida leader refers to Bush's alleged desire to bomb Al-Jazeera television, first reported on Nov. 22.

In the tape, bin Laden said "it's only a matter of time" before another attack on the United States, but offered a "long-term truce" with unspecified terms, something the White House flatly rejected.

"We do not negotiate with terrorists. We put them out of business," said Bush spokesman Scott McClellan.

As bin Laden has eluded capture, Bush has sought to downplay his importance, saying in the days after the Sept. 11 attacks that he wanted him "dead or alive," but later saying he was not that concerned about bin Laden. Some analysts recently questioned whether bin Laden was dead.

But counterterror experts said the tape complicates White House efforts to marginalize bin Laden, because it shows he still has the ability to surface when needed and rally the faithful.

"It's a big blow to the U.S. and the U.S. attempts to minimize his relevance," said Juliette Kayyem of Harvard University, who served on the National Commission on Terrorism from 1999 to 2001. The tape "suggests he's not on the run but is at least capable enough to respond and basically provoke."

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationw...20275,print.story?coll=ny-homepage-bigpix2005

Mariner.

8. jAZ

jAZ Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I was being playful, but if you are serious with your above response, I will take a second to be serious as well.

Couldn't any flame be considered (in the most generous sense) merely an observation on someones comment? It's certainly not flattering to be described as a "tin foil hat" wearer. It's an insult.

But insults are in fact, as you said, observations typically based on someones prior comment.

9. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I would NOT sell him short. Steve Emerson said something similar, 'bin Laden feels safe enough now, to emerge from whatever cave he's been hiding in.'

He also pointed out, 'his blather though is still blather, since the threats as well as the 'truce' are something he's offered with each tape.'

10. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    I was wondering how long it would take someone to suggest this! :duh3:
    Cafferty has turned into a real loony toon, and a very ugly American. I do believe he scans over at the DU. Bin Laden has all the Democrat talking points down. Disgusting :puke: