Oh Dear...The facts get in the way again.

If her cover as a covert agent was she worked for the CIA then HOW was disclosing she worked for the CIA bad for her cover?

A paper pusher does NOT have the power to SEND Wilson to anywhere for anything .
Gen Hayden, current head of the CIA, Valerie Plame Wilson was a covert CIA agent.

Now buy sugesting she sent her husband in a puplic forum makes her look like Much More that a paper pusher and brings her name to the attention of anyone who may be wondering who else she has contact with and for what reason.

How old are you? Just curious.

what.. did I post something that made you drive your white windowless van to the candy store?

GOD himslef could come down and tell you that she was, in fact, a covert agent and you'd argue that such may have been the case only during her scheduled working hours and that she was outed during her offtime as long as believing such gives your ego that scrap of validation that you think keeps you from being wrong about this...

it's cool, dude.. this isnt the only thread that sees such a reaction to posted evidence...

In other words you have no idea if the complaint was political or truthful. It is simply amazing how if a republican does something it is wrong, it is deceitful, it is political, but anyone does something against a republican and wham they are angels of truth and Justice.

tell me again what political party appointed the special prosecutor?

tell me again why the DCI, appointed by Bush, would lie for the purposes of politically damaging the president?

There is this complete lack of ability to accept the truth within the Current R ranks.

I just dont get how they think anyone will vote for a party that has to DENY FACTS to hold onto the pretense that their positions are defendable.

The Republican party is in BIG trouble.

There is this complete lack of ability to accept the truth within the Current R ranks.

I just dont get how they think anyone will vote for a party that has to DENY FACTS to hold onto the pretense that their positions are defendable.

The Republican party is in BIG trouble.

Meanwhile we just had a thread about how the Democrats are being deserted in DROVES.....

give em a sec..

it takes a bit to put on that Virtual Reality suit...

It was clear from very early in the investigation that Ms. Wilson qualified under the relevant statute (Title 50, United States Code, Section 421) as a covert agent whose identity had been disclosed by public officials, including Mr. Libby, to the press.
That statute says that, to qualify as "covert", an employee must have been stationed in a foreign country within the past five years... which Plame hadn't been, when her name was released.

I guess little bully needs to call his friend Fitz and ask him to explain this little bit of "painful truth".

talk about hair splitting for the sake of political partisanship....

perhaps if your kind would support our intel then you wouldnt have had to insist that saddam wad phantom WMDs for the first two years of the iraq conflict....

You arent answering his questions either snagglepuss. Why don't you try and reciprocate. He has asked you questions back yet all you are doing is ignoring them as well.

Answer the question? or are you going to just tap dance and play RSR for us?

It is clear? Please provide the ACTUAL point that makes it true. Further explain how if she was a covert agent the switchboard at Langley freely identified her as working at and for the CIA.

The opinion is worthless without an actually explaination of HOW she met the standard. You can cite all the opinions you want. That does not make it fact.

The fact is the US Attorney prosecuting the case AND the DCIA state that she was covert, but let me add a little icing. Fitzgerald made the following points in addition:

<blockquote>1. Valerie Wilson was an operations officer working in the Counter Proliferation Division (CPD) of the Directorate of Operations and headed a unit that covered weapons proliferation issues concerning Iraq.
2. While in CPD Valerie traveled overseas seven times to more than ten countries always, repeat always, undercover.
3. Valerie was a covert officer on 14 July 2003, when Novak identified her as a CIA employee.
4. The CIA was taking "<b><i>affirmative measures to conceal her intelligence relationship to the United States</i></b> (<i>emphasis mine</i>)."</blockquote>

Sorry, facts trump spin and fantasy. Get over it.

If her cover as a covert agent was she worked for the CIA then HOW was disclosing she worked for the CIA bad for her cover?

Her cover was not "She worked for the CIA...". Her cover was being employed by a CIA front company set up in the mid-90's called Brewster Jennings & Associates. That operation allowed her to travel abroad as an energy analyst and make contact with other agents and operatives involved in counter-proliferation and the illicit trade in radioactive and fissile materials. That operation has since been rolled up, with an extensive damage assessment by the CIA's Directorate of Operations.

That statute says that, to qualify as "covert", an employee must have been stationed in a foreign country within the past five years... which Plame hadn't been, when her name was released.

I guess little bully needs to call his friend Fitz and ask him to explain this little bit of "painful truth".

Sorry, see post <a href=http://www.usmessageboard.com/showpost.php?p=570035&postcount=34>Post #34</a>.

Sure thing, I ask again, if she were covert and was working for a front company, why was she A) driving to Langley and entering work through the front door... B) why did the switchboard at Langley freely identify her as working FOR the CIA .. C) Why did she allow her husband to have her photo appear in a national magazine and he routinely bragged about DC and to his friends she was working for the CIA.

Some Covert operative....

The person that drafted the law in question was clear, she did NOT meet the standards under the law. Whom shall i believe? The person who wrote the law OR a political hack and his allies?

Again, Libby was NOT convicted of OUTING her in the first place. Go read his conviction, he was not even CHARGED with break the law he was investigated for. It is ILOLEGAL to trap someone into a perjury charge, yet that is all that he was charged with, while others that had faulty memories were simply allowed to change their story. The man that OUTED her wasn't even charged, I am sure that his liberal bent had nothing to do with that at all.

The idea was to get Libby to roll on someone higher, by any means possible, and it failed. Pure politics. A sitting President commits Perjury to a Judge in a personal case effecting him and no one cares, BUT Libby misremembers something, corrrects it and he is tried for Perjury. lets look at the political parties of these two.... Shall we?

Sure thing, I ask again, if she were covert and was working for a front company, why was she A) driving to Langley and entering work through the front door... B) why did the switchboard at Langley freely identify her as working FOR the CIA .. C) Why did she allow her husband to have her photo appear in a national magazine and he routinely bragged about DC and to his friends she was working for the CIA.

The person that drafted the law in question was clear, she did NOT meet the standards under the law. Whom shall i believe? The person who wrote the law OR a political hack and his allies?

Again, Libby was NOT convicted of OUTING her in the first place. Go read his conviction, he was not even CHARGED with break the law he was investigated for. It is ILOLEGAL to trap someone into a perjury charge, yet that is all that he was charged with, while others that had faulty memories were simply allowed to change their story. The man that OUTED her wasn't even charged, I am sure that his liberal bent had nothing to do with that at all.

The idea was to get Libby to roll on someone higher, by any means possible, and it failed. Pure politics. A sitting President commits Perjury to a Judge in a personal case effecting him and no one cares, BUT Libby misremembers something, corrrects it and he is tried for Perjury. lets look at the political parties of these two.... Shall we?

Libby SHOULD have rolled on the people who outed a CIA agent. That's what criminals do... they roll on bigger criminals. The testimony BY THE CIA at Scooter's trial was that Valerie Plame was covert and working on intel regarding Iran's nuclear capability. And, in fact, it was the CIA who referred the matter for investigation to the DOJ BECAUSE a covert agent was outed. All that remained was the intent of the perps and whether they KNEW she was covert at the time. And THAT'S why they prosecuted poor ole Scooter... because his lies interfered with the investigation.

Pity that your partisanship prevents you from assessing the facts.

why do ALL CIA Classified Undercover employees who work at langley drive their cars to work and walk in the front door?:eusa_wall: more than 50 &#37; of the employees in her specialized dept had classified undercover status?

Forum List

Back