Oh Brother, I was up late lurking on the dark side and I couldn't resist this one.

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Husb2Sparkly (1000+ posts) Thu Mar-02-06 11:02 PM
Original message
How about, instead of impeachment, when we control the Congress in 08 ....
.... we get our House and Senate leaders to issue a simple statement that they have sufficient, committed votes to impeach, but will not do it, preferring instead for the President to do the right thing ..... undo his evil legislation and then resign.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x2490297

Well, maybe, but trying him for treason in the deaths of.........
......2300 Americans in Iraq and more in the Gulf Region, especially New Orleans, would really be justice!! Then, after he is out of office.....line him up and shoot him for his treasonous acts!
OMG! :shocked:

I have to admitt, I didn't go deep into the post and see the one you pulled up Mom. I was referring to the idiot who wanted to impeach Bush in 08, when thats when he would be out of office anyway.
But as dillo said also, theres some real wackos on that site. I can't actually get on the site its self, but I find stuff posted from them all the time off another site I belong to, where they make fun of du all the time. :tinfoil:

dilloduck said:
Scary stuff---RWA gets some good stuff there . :laugh:

Don't talk about me behind my back. THat's what jealous little high school girls do.

"When we control the Congress in '08" won't go in effect until '09.
The Senators and Representatives elected in November 2008 will take office in the first week of January, 2009. Bush's second term ends the third week of January, 2009. No way he'd resign with two weeks to go in his term.

You also miss the mark on the way legislation is "undone". The President does not have the power to "undo" legislation. That is a function of Congress, which would need to pass new laws repealing the old ones. The 2009 Congressional session could do that, but it won't happen until after Dubya leaves the White House.

The Pagan Preacher
I don't turn the other chek.
This was the only post I saw where the guy was interested in throwing some "facts" out there. At least he seems to have SOME sort of grasp of how the political process works. Although it seems his conclusions are debatable.

Forum List

Back