Official USMB Shutdown Showdown Thread --- Jan 10th, 2019

Democrats won't approve ~0.1% of the budget for border wall and fence upgrades. Politicians piss away more than that on boondoggles and fish studies. Gimme a break, Tell me again who "owns" the shutdown?
Trump owns it.

“If we don’t get what we want, one way or the other, whether it’s through you, through military, through anything you want to call, I will shut down the government. And I am proud. I’ll tell you what. I am proud to shut down the government for border security, Chuck. Because the people of this country don’t want criminals and people that have lots of problems and drugs pouring into our country. So I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I’m not going to blame you for it. The last time you shut it down, it didn’t work. I will take the mantle of shutting down. I’m going to shut it down for border security.” ~ Donald Trump, owner of the shutdown
Exactly.

So when the media starts reporting about all the hardship that the shutdown will increasingly cause for more and more people...there will be NO DOUBT in American's minds EXACTLY whom is responsible for all the unhappiness.

The man who took FULL responsibility for it...Donald J. Trump.

Last edited:
there will be NO DOUBT in Americans minds EXACTLY whom is responsible for all the misery.
Rational Americans already know who is responsible for "all the misery".

It's the Federal Government and its legions of lackeys, that's why nobody with any perception, objectivity and common sense trusts it anymore.

Been away a few days...just checking in.....

Have those Crazy Democrats ended their Government Shutdown yet ?
They claim to be "pro-big govt", and they are, as long as it hurts (and not helps) America

Hard to believe how much Dims want Americans to suffer.

Schumer, Pelosi and all Dims are FULLY responsible for this.

Last edited:
Rational Americans already know who is responsible for "all the misery".

It's the Federal Government and its legions of lackeys, that's why nobody with any perception, objectivity and common sense trusts it anymore.

Until they actually need something. I would compare our relationship with government to an enabler... we complain that they enable our own bad behavior.

Let's not forget, when she got old and sick, Ayn Rand had both hands out collecting government benefits.

Government HAS NEVER provided benefits....that would be American TAXPAYERS

Could government exist without a base to subjugate and intimidate with taxation?

NOPE
Only in the minds of Statists does "government" provide benefits

WRONG

No, but a base wouldn't exist without a government providing infrastructure and stability, so there's that.

According to your Statist mentality, humans only came into being AFTER a government was first formed?

:laughing0301:

Actually, it could be argued that "Government" is the single most UN-Civilized entity to ever plague mankind.....

Was it not "Governments" that were behind the Roman Empire's Domination, the Ottoman Empire's brutality, the Nazi Third Reich's war machines AND the World Wars 1 and 2 that resulted in the most human suffering in human history (not to mention development of nuclear weapons etc)?

If you want to argue that governments provide infrastructure, you have to be honest and admit they have also destroyed as much as they may have done....probably more.

Last edited:
According to your Statist mentality, humans only came into being AFTER a government was first formed?

Without government and law, we become no different than any other animal. probably a little worse.

Actually, it could be argued that "Government" is the single most UN-Civilized entity to ever plague mankind.....

If you are a fucking retard, you could argue that. Me, I like drinking clean water and I like knowing that some animal isn't going to murder me for my stuff.

Was it not "Governments" that were behind the Roman Empire, the Ottoman Empire, the Nazi Third Reich AND the World Wars 1,2 and 3 that resulted in the most human suffering in human history (not to mention development of nuclear weapons etc)?

Um there was a World War 3? Did we all miss it?

I should point out that all those "governments" were reflections of their people.

The things that made Nazi Germany bad were part of German culture, not the the government. The government just gave license to the bad behavior.

haha
Haven't had my coffee yet. I'm just thinking ahead.

But I can assure you....governments are working hard on WW3 as we speak. Global military spending is ramping up. Why do you suppose that is?

Governments are ALL destined to become reflections of CORRUPT people is what you meant to say

The Founding Fathers of the USA KNEW THIS, and thus created the US Constitution to try and LIMIT government for EXACTLY the reasons I mentioned.

If you are a fucking retard, you could argue that. Me, I like drinking clean water and I like knowing that some animal isn't going to murder me for my stuff.

Speaking of animals...as expected...the leftists start slinging the insults when they have nothing else.
You say you like clean water? Hope you don't mind a little Nuclear Waste to go along with it.
Did you know clean water was everywhere BEFORE there were ANY governments?
It's hilarious that Statist believe Governments are the creators of clean water.
Guess you missed the memo....A lot of cities have contaminated water.....and oh....they are run by governments. ;)

China is run by a really big, really powerful government and look at the environmental DISASTER there. China alone is capable of ruining the global ecology.

Last edited:
WRONG

No, but a base wouldn't exist without a government providing infrastructure and stability, so there's that.

:laughing0301:
Don't waste your time; the reason & evidence proof deflector shield that surrounds the fact-free bubble that it exists in is impenetrable, gub'mint worshipping parrots like that actually prefer ignorance and enslavement by the state to freedom of thought and action, telling it the truth just pisses it off. ;)

"The positive testimony of history is that the State invariably had its origin in conquest and confiscation. No primitive State known to history originated in any other manner." -- Albert Jay Nock, Our Enemy The State

It belongs to Schmucky Shumer and Nancy Peeeeelosi. It's funny to hear the media whine about the poor government workers though. Not a peep about all of the jobless masses during Obummer's "great recovery" though...

Don't waste your time; the reason & evidence proof deflector shield that surrounds the fact-free bubble that it exists in is impenetrable, gub'mint worshipping parrots like that actually prefer ignorance and enslavement by the state to freedom of thought and action, telling it the truth just pisses it off. ;)

"The positive testimony of history is that the State invariably had its origin in conquest and confiscation. No primitive State known to history originated in any other manner." -- Albert Jay Nock, Our Enemy The State

I know. Lost cause

Forum List

Back