[OFFICIAL] State of the Union Address Thread

welcome to every year....glad you caught on finally.

Youngstown News, $70M Youngstown hub to spur manufacturing across U.S.

there you go dear...go read up on it. Presidents take credit for things.

7500 jobs?

He wants to crow about that?

We need 300,000 jobs a month just to keep up with population growth.

its a school of sorts to help out with the oil boom...you know how many jobs are here and cant be filled? A lot.

An oil boom that Obama is doing his best to tamp down....by putting federal lands off limits to drilling. Not to mention a pipeline that he refuses to approve that would create thousands of jobs. As many as 20,000, just to build the thing.

You're just trying to put a positive spin on his incompetence. Name any destructive act and you'll find the silver lining in it. This is what an active imagination can do. And if you can't find one I'm sure you can access any number of progressive propaganda websites to get something to crow about.

There are more here discussing the SOTU than actually watched. The freak show garnered only 11% of available viewership. Worse result since Slick Willie in 2000

-Geaux

People have had enough except those that are still drinking the Kool-Aid.

He's no better than any run-of-the-mill 3rd world dictator. Focusing on imaginary accomplishments, lying about the standing of the U.S. in the economy world, acting like he's finally going to start work on stuff he should have tackled 5 years ago, ignoring the IRS scandals, the NSA, barely mentioning Obamacare.

I wish when Obama comes up with these whoppers there is an immediate response like there is in English Parliament. These lies need to be exposed immediately, not in some rebuttal or in the news over the following weeks. I don't think this president can stand up to direct criticism.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-GkrHKcwvo]David Cameron vs Gordon Brown - very entertaining!! - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
The reason is simple, democrats see amnesty as a way to buy votes. They don't care about the people or the country, its all about finding ways to stay in power.

Someone given amnesty would not become a citizen for ten years. That means that no additional Hispanics can vote for at least ten years

Do Republicans think they cannot convince Hispanics to vote for them even after ten years?

What does that have to do with my post? Resident Alien status is a fabulous deal for illegal aliens and they would rejoice for that deal. My husband has been a resident alien for 25 years. He gets everything I do, down to govt loans for school & home, ss at 67, forced to sign up for obamacare, the right to own a gun ... he just cant vote. There's a reason he cant vote, because he still thinks he might go home someday. He's not an American and should not vote.

Why do you think resident alien status is not good enough? They can always apply for citizenship like everyone else. Why are you wanting to throw citizenship like candy? I'm not even hearing an uproar about citizenship from the hispanics anyway except on the fringe. They just want to work to support themselves and their families back home. Many are patriotic to their own countries, the ones they still claim. Many will happily go back home as soon as their countries are able to afford better opportunities than here or Canada.

You seem more eager to make them citizens than they are.

good post :clap2:

Trisha, you wrote "What does that have to do with my post? Resident Alien status is a fabulous deal for illegal aliens and they would rejoice for that deal. My husband has been a resident alien for 25 years. He gets everything I do, down to govt loans for school & home, ss at 67, forced to sign up for obamacare, the right to own a gun ... he just cant vote. There's a reason he cant vote, because he still thinks he might go home someday. He's not an American and should not vote."

Resident alien status is hard for me to understand. How can the government give all those benefits to someone who will NOT apply for citizenship? I was born here and paid social security taxes for 40+ years. Why should someone who will NOT express loyalty to the U.S. get the same benefits as I do? I mean just his saying that he might go "home" someday, implies that lack of loyalty. He should be very thankful for the benefits he receives, I wonder if someone from the U.S., who emigrated to his home country, would receive benefits of any kind, and not just temporarily, but for the same 25 years.

In this episode of "conservative hypocrisy on display", we learn that Obama has used executive orders at a slower pace than Bush, or any president of this century.

{WonkViz} ? Obama Issues Fewer Executive Orders than Any President Since the 1800s

Will the conservatives explain why they weren't shrieking at Bush or any other president for being much more "dictatorial" than Obama? Nah. They've been skewered too thoroughly as hypocrites here, hence we'll hear only incoherent ODS rants out of them. You know, the usual.

So whens Obama got work with congress for America?

Obama said he was ordering the "soup to nuts" review because not all the existing federal job-training programs do what they're supposed to. Reorienting programs, he said, would move the government away from its "train and pray" approach to job training, where "you train workers first, and then you hope they get a job."

Later in 2014, Obama said, the government will apply the lessons from Biden's review by holding a competition to award $500 million to design programs that partner community colleges with industry. The program will use the last remaining funds from an existing grant program, and each state will have at least one winner.

At the same time, he called on Congress to be more reliable in funding programs that are proven to work, while vowing he wouldn't let congressional inaction stand in the way.

"There are a lot of folks who do not have time to wait for Congress," Obama said. "They need to learn new skills right now to get a new job right now."

House Republicans pushed back in a letter that Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, and other GOP leaders sent Obama on Thursday, arguing that Biden's review was duplicative because the Government Accountability Office already completed a comprehensive review in 2011 that identified redundancies. The leaders urged Obama to press the Democratic-led Senate to take up a Republican bill to consolidate programs and link training to available jobs.

White House press secretary Jay Carney couldn't explain Thursday how Biden's review would be different from the GAO's, but said that whenever Biden "is put in charge of an effort like this, it gets done, and it will be effective."

So whens Obama got work with congress for America?

Obama said he was ordering the "soup to nuts" review because not all the existing federal job-training programs do what they're supposed to. Reorienting programs, he said, would move the government away from its "train and pray" approach to job training, where "you train workers first, and then you hope they get a job."

Later in 2014, Obama said, the government will apply the lessons from Biden's review by holding a competition to award $500 million to design programs that partner community colleges with industry. The program will use the last remaining funds from an existing grant program, and each state will have at least one winner.

At the same time, he called on Congress to be more reliable in funding programs that are proven to work, while vowing he wouldn't let congressional inaction stand in the way.

"There are a lot of folks who do not have time to wait for Congress," Obama said. "They need to learn new skills right now to get a new job right now."

House Republicans pushed back in a letter that Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, and other GOP leaders sent Obama on Thursday, arguing that Biden's review was duplicative because the Government Accountability Office already completed a comprehensive review in 2011 that identified redundancies. The leaders urged Obama to press the Democratic-led Senate to take up a Republican bill to consolidate programs and link training to available jobs.

White House press secretary Jay Carney couldn't explain Thursday how Biden's review would be different from the GAO's, but said that whenever Biden "is put in charge of an effort like this, it gets done, and it will be effective."

I do not understand how those who never created a job think they have the answers to creating millions of jobs. Hiring more jobs for government is not job creation.
Jobs are created by growth in the economy thru individualism.

David Kay Johnston won a Pulitzer Prize in 2001 for his writings on tax loopholes and inequities. In the following interview conducted by TRNN's Jessica Desvarieux, Johnston claims that government rules that redistribute tax dollars from the many to the few fuels the constantly widening gap between the rich and the rest:

"DESVARIEUX: David, do you think President Obama's focus on expanding educational opportunities and raising the minimum wage are sufficient steps to narrowing the income gap?

"JOHNSTON: No, not even close.

"It's important that we restore the minimum wage. We're not talking about raising it.

"We're talking about restoring it.

"Back in the mid '60s, it was almost $11 an hour.

"And education is certainly very important and too much neglected in this country.

"We put huge barriers to bright but poor and middle-class children getting first-rate educations, especially at college.

"But we have much more fundamental problems than that.

"Many of these problems involve things like government rules that hardly anybody knows about that take money from the many and redistribute it to the few, the use of tax dollars to build factories, office buildings, and shopping malls, the rules that allow multinational corporations--not domestic, not mom-and-pop corporations, but multinational corporations-- to actually profit off their corporate income taxes by delaying payment of them for 30, 40, 50 years and having you and I let them deposit that money with the government to collect interest while the value of the tax they owe erodes."

Obama's Address Fails to Look at Roots of Income Inequality

Why is it this is the only President that can't work with Congress? Every other President who had a split congress got things done. Of course they didn't have Harry Reid stopping things from getting on the Senate floor for debate and the previous presidents all had some degree of leadership.

Trisha, you wrote "What does that have to do with my post? Resident Alien status is a fabulous deal for illegal aliens and they would rejoice for that deal. My husband has been a resident alien for 25 years. He gets everything I do, down to govt loans for school & home, ss at 67, forced to sign up for obamacare, the right to own a gun ... he just cant vote. There's a reason he cant vote, because he still thinks he might go home someday. He's not an American and should not vote."

Resident alien status is hard for me to understand. How can the government give all those benefits to someone who will NOT apply for citizenship? I was born here and paid social security taxes for 40+ years. Why should someone who will NOT express loyalty to the U.S. get the same benefits as I do? I mean just his saying that he might go "home" someday, implies that lack of loyalty. He should be very thankful for the benefits he receives, I wonder if someone from the U.S., who emigrated to his home country, would receive benefits of any kind, and not just temporarily, but for the same 25 years.

I totally get where you are coming from. My husband came here legally with his family when he was a minor. He's only worked in the US, although we lived briefly in Vancouver for my job. He commuted back to his job in the US. The only systems he contributes to are US (all fed state and local taxes, ss, ui, obamacare premiums, etc). He has immediate family in both countries. Two out of the 4 are US citizens now and one moved back to Canada.

I go back and forth on this but am generally OK with treating our aliens as we do ourselves. If they are here legally, believe me they pay. He keeps his options open though, and White Rock, BC, is really nice for old people. He's just not got enough invested in the US to vote IMO if he thinks he may leave when things get bad. He'll have to wait til I'm gone of course lol.

32 Alarming Facts Missing From Obama's State Of The Union Address

Submitted by Michael Snyder of The Economic Collapse blog,

Show this article to anyone that believes that the economy has actually improved under Barack Obama. On Tuesday evening, the President once again attempted to convince all of us that things have gotten better while he has been in the White House. He quoted a few figures, used some flowery language and made a whole bunch of new promises. And even though he has failed to follow through on his promises time after time, millions upon millions of Americans continue to believe him.

In fact, you can find a list of 82 unfulfilled promises from his previous State of the Union addresses right here. Soon we will have even more to add to that collection.

At this point, you have to wonder if Obama even believes half the stuff that he is saying. Of course it is extremely unlikely that he is going to come out and admit that he has failed and that he has been lying to us this whole time, but without a doubt the gap between reality and what he is saying to the public is becoming ridiculously huge. To say that his credibility is "strained" would be a massive understatement. No, things have not been getting better in America. In fact, they continue to get even worse. The following are 32 statistics that Obama neglected to mention during the State of the Union address...

#1 According to a recent NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll, only 28 percent of all Americans believe that the country is moving in the right direction.

#2 In 2008, 53 percent of all Americans considered themselves to be "middle class". In 2014, only 44 percent of all Americans consider themselves to be "middle class".

#3 In 2008, 25 percent of all Americans in the 18 to 29-year-old age bracket considered themselves to be "lower class". In 2014, an astounding 49 percent of them do.

Read the others here: 32 Alarming Facts Missing From Obama's State Of The Union Address | Zero Hedge

Why is it this is the only President that can't work with Congress? Every other President who had a split congress got things done. Of course they didn't have Harry Reid stopping things from getting on the Senate floor for debate and the previous presidents all had some degree of leadership.

He's not for working with anyone who will not give him his way.

32 Alarming Facts Missing From Obama's State Of The Union Address

Submitted by Michael Snyder of The Economic Collapse blog,

Show this article to anyone that believes that the economy has actually improved under Barack Obama. On Tuesday evening, the President once again attempted to convince all of us that things have gotten better while he has been in the White House. He quoted a few figures, used some flowery language and made a whole bunch of new promises. And even though he has failed to follow through on his promises time after time, millions upon millions of Americans continue to believe him.

In fact, you can find a list of 82 unfulfilled promises from his previous State of the Union addresses right here. Soon we will have even more to add to that collection.

At this point, you have to wonder if Obama even believes half the stuff that he is saying. Of course it is extremely unlikely that he is going to come out and admit that he has failed and that he has been lying to us this whole time, but without a doubt the gap between reality and what he is saying to the public is becoming ridiculously huge. To say that his credibility is "strained" would be a massive understatement. No, things have not been getting better in America. In fact, they continue to get even worse. The following are 32 statistics that Obama neglected to mention during the State of the Union address...

#1 According to a recent NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll, only 28 percent of all Americans believe that the country is moving in the right direction.

#2 In 2008, 53 percent of all Americans considered themselves to be "middle class". In 2014, only 44 percent of all Americans consider themselves to be "middle class".

#3 In 2008, 25 percent of all Americans in the 18 to 29-year-old age bracket considered themselves to be "lower class". In 2014, an astounding 49 percent of them do.

Read the others here: 32 Alarming Facts Missing From Obama's State Of The Union Address | Zero Hedge
"#5 There are 46.5 million Americans that are living in poverty, and the poverty rate in America has been at 15 percent or above for 3 consecutive years. That is the first time that has happened since 1965."

1965 was prior to the "War on Poverty" in the US, and things aren't likely to improve in the 21st century regardless of which Democrat OR Republican moves into the White House next.

32 Alarming Facts Missing From Obama's State Of The Union Address | Zero Hedge

I read with interest georgephillip, your suggested continuation, and all I found was a bunch of hypothetical statements, totally unproven, like this one: "#23 It is being projected that health insurance premiums for healthy 30-year-old men will rise by an average of 260 percent under Obamacare." Just because something is written down, doesn't make it correct. And please note that some of the information listed was true, but not explained that Mr. Bush (actually both of them) had an awful lot to do with it.

There are more here discussing the SOTU than actually watched. The freak show garnered only 11% of available viewership. Worse result since Slick Willie in 2000

-Geaux

He's no better than any run-of-the-mill 3rd world dictator. Focusing on imaginary accomplishments, lying about the standing of the U.S. in the economy world, acting like he's finally going to start work on stuff he should have tackled 5 years ago, ignoring the IRS scandals, the NSA, barely mentioning Obamacare.

I wish when Obama comes up with these whoppers there is an immediate response like there is in English Parliament. These lies need to be exposed immediately, not in some rebuttal or in the news over the following weeks. I don't think this president can stand up to direct criticism.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-GkrHKcwvo]David Cameron vs Gordon Brown - very entertaining!! - YouTube[/ame]

I think Obama is to face Bill O'Reilly one-on-one again this Sunday...should be interesting.

Bill O'Reilly previews his Obama Super Bowl interview | The Daily Caller

I think Obama is to face Bill O'Reilly one-on-one again this Sunday...should be interesting.

Bill O'Reilly previews his Obama Super Bowl interview | The Daily Caller

O'Reilly is going to kiss his ass. We'll have to listen to Obama pontificate with long winded responses to simple questions. O'Reilly will let him get away with lying and not hammer him on the details.

The only way to deal with a serial liar like Obama is to laugh in his face when he says something ridiculous.

At the end of the exchange we'll discover we had just wasted 20 minutes of Super Bowl buildup and Obama will have stuck his nose into yet another sporting event and ruined it's mojo.

all Obama has shown us is that he will try to justify his decisions to the end, no matter how bad. and he has made a lot of really bad decisions. he came into office with an agenda, and that agenda was not hope and change. Obama does two things. He serves his rich and corporate masters. and he puts on a show for the poor who he pretends to represent.

Forum List

Back