Official Election results thread

1an5yis0blwx.jpg
You forgot to include all the millions of dollars of free advertising that all the networks gave him.

Were the networks paying Trump for their ratings boosts? Wasn't free.

It was free for him.

Nothing's ever free, dude.

No, the FBI is part of the executive branch. They are an enforcement branch - not a court.
It's mixed. For investigations, it's DOJ.

Leadership & Structure — FBI
Mission & Priorities
The FBI today is considered one of the world’s premier security and crime-fighting forces. Reporting to both the attorney general and director of national intelligence, the Bureau has dual responsibilities as a law enforcement and intelligence agency. Learn about our vision, mission, priorities, core values, budget, and more.

org-chart_large-7.png
No. The dept of justice is also part of the executive branch.

You forgot to include all the millions of dollars of free advertising that all the networks gave him.

It was free for him.
Why do you think the media gave Trump almost $6B worth of free publicity and Hillary only about half that? Was it because she was such a deplorable candidate?
24e9c0h.jpg

It was free for him.
Why do you think the media gave Trump almost $6B worth of free publicity and Hillary only about half that? Was it because she was such a deplorable candidate?
24e9c0h.jpg

Because Trump was a clown that got ratings. Everybody wanted to see what stupid thing he said each day.

Because Trump was a clown that got ratings. Everybody wanted to see what stupid thing he said each day.
The fact you sincerely believe that is the reason why over 60,000,000 American voters voted for Trump helps explain why the Democrats lost both the Presidential election and their shot at retaking the Senate.

The fact you sincerely believe that is the reason why over 60,000,000 American voters voted for Trump helps explain why the Democrats lost both the Presidential election and their shot at retaking the Senate.
Part of the problem with politics - each side is busy looking down on the other as though they are idiots and unworthy.

The hate is both amazing and saddening.

I didn't say that is why they voted for him, even though it saved him a fortune, but that is why he received all the free publicity.

And yet more people voted for Hillary. And the GoP lost seats in the house and senate....

But he's right of course. The media ate Trump up. he was the ratings winner that kept on giving - and not because of his policies (he had none)....

And yet more people voted for Hillary. And the GoP lost seats in the house and senate....

But he's right of course. The media ate Trump up. he was the ratings winner that kept on giving - and not because of his policies (he had none)....
Great. So explain to me why an election that most LWers (and several RWers) predicted Hillary would win, including several LWers here who boasted of a landside victory, was lost? How come the LWers didn't take the Senate as predicted? If you want to blame it on free media, go ahead. If you want to blame it on racial hatred, go ahead. But in both instances you will be wrong as shown by this link and previous ones I posted: How the election unfolded

How the election unfolded
map_diff_2012.jpg

CLINTON LOST THE ELECTION BECAUSE:
Lower turnout in predominantly black areas and Democratic bastions
map_turnout_diff.jpg

Fewer Hispanics supported Clinton

Percentage of Hispanic voter support going to Democratic presidential candidates:
Hispanic-piece.png

EXIT POLLS
What drove their votes

It wasn’t the economy that drove voters’ decision this year. Instead, it was distaste — and often anger — at the way the federal government is doing its job, and a deep sense that the USA is headed in the wrong direction. That was enough for voters to throw their support behind a first-time candidate who many of his supporters said they did not like or trust, or who they judged unfit to hold the office.
Exit-Poll-charts.png

Great. So explain to me why an election that most LWers (and several RWers) predicted Hillary would win, including several LWers here who boasted of a landside victory, was lost? How come the LWers didn't take the Senate as predicted? If you want to blame it on free media, go ahead. If you want to blame it on racial hatred, go ahead. But in both instances you will be wrong as shown by this link and previous ones I posted: How the election unfolded

How the election unfolded

Yep lower turnout was one reason. I'm not saying the media got him elected, but they gave him a lot of oxygen. A lot.

Yep lower turnout was one reason. I'm not saying the media got him elected, but they gave him a lot of oxygen. A lot.
True, but I'm still waiting to hear from others on why they did that and why they didn't do the same to Hillary. I have my theory and have posted it before several times, but I'd like to hear from the LW side. The RWers believe it's a massive conspiracy to attack Trump, but that's obviously not true.

True, but I'm still waiting to hear from others on why they did that and why they didn't do the same to Hillary. I have my theory and have posted it before several times, but I'd like to hear from the LW side. The RWers believe it's a massive conspiracy to attack Trump, but that's obviously not true.

no idea. The only disconcerting thing I found about Hillary running was that if she had won, and gotten two terms, in a 36 year period - with the exception of Obama's eight years - there would have been a Clinton or a Bush in the WH. Out of 320 million people you go back to the same people. Really?

no idea. The only disconcerting thing I found about Hillary running was that if she had won, and gotten two terms, in a 36 year period - with the exception of Obama's eight years - there would have been a Clinton or a Bush in the WH. Out of 320 million people you go back to the same people. Really?
It would be good to find out with evidence rather than jumping to conclusions. I'm sure the answer is not a simple one as the links pointed out.

Agreed regarding political dynasties. I liked Jeb Bush but if he won that'd be three Bush's in less than 30 years. It's bad enough we have companies passing through nepotistic leaders. Doing the same with politics would eventually kill us.

I believe that Trump knew what to say and when to keep his name in the news. His largest challenge was actually when to stop making the headlines.

The media sells what we are willing to buy. Trump knew what the people wanted to buy even if it was largely negative. It is interesting that Trump's internal polling was based more on commercial sales and was telling him that Hillary was not leading like the rest of the polling agencies were demanding that she was.

Forum List

Back