Official 2009 World Series Thread

Might as well be. :)

(Although I think it was the year before)

Ok, sounds good. It would definitely be more disturbing for me if it specifically depicted you beating us that year. Like a McNabb puke shot or something :lol:

I've said too much. I'll find a good one for you though.

It always cracks me up when I see CC with his cap pulled to the side. Doing wonders to dispell racial stereotypes. :lol:

Cliff Lee is brilliant going the distance for zero earned runs as Philly takes game one 6-1.

NY's hitters were baffled all night and the kid bullpen collapsed giing up 4 runs in two innings turning a good game into a laugher.

Sabathia pitched well going 7 and giving up 2 but had no chance vs Lee.

Cliff Lee is brilliant going the distance for zero earned runs as Philly takes game one 6-1.

NY's hitters were baffled all night and the kid bullpen collapsed giing up 4 runs in two innings turning a good game into a laugher.

Sabathia pitched well going 7 and giving up 2 but had no chance vs Lee.

How about that relief pitching from Hughes? :eusa_whistle:

And I agree with your post.

All I'm going to say is we still gotta win 3 more. And we don't have 3 more Cliff Lee's.

I'm not scared of AJ though.

This is my favorite part of the entire game right here:

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/69SUdVw-LvY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/69SUdVw-LvY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

LOL...the "Who Cares" catch :lol: I've never seen anything funnier than that. You knew it was our game from there on.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__PU5CVSegg]YouTube - CAKE - The Distance (Official Music Video)[/ame]

Lee pitched one of the best World Series games ever. He was almost always ahead, never walked anyone and kept the Yankee bats off balance all night. Congratulations on a great effort.

1. Why does CC pitching to Utley in the 6th shake off Posada, only to throw the exact same home run ball? WTF is he thinking? I mean it was the exact same pitch!

2. Phil Hughes has been struggling, better to have gone with Joba

3. Cano and Melky should switch places in the lineup

4. Yet another base running error by the Yankees this time Matsui

5. When Lee makes the behind the back catch, you had to believe it was going to be a long night for NY.

6. This reminds me a lot of the 78 Dodgers series.

All I'm going to say is we still gotta win 3 more. And we don't have 3 more Cliff Lee's.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/69SUdVw-LvY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/69SUdVw-LvY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

LOL...the "Who Cares" catch :lol: I've never seen anything funnier than that. You knew it was our game from there on.

You think that man was a bit relaxed out there?

1. Why does CC pitching to Utley in the 6th shake off Posada, only to throw the exact same home run ball? WTF is he thinking? I mean it was the exact same pitch!

CC shrugged off a breaking ball (or changeup perhaps) TWICE against Utley in a pitcher's count, and Utley sat on the fastball both times.

Why do you tip your pitch to Utley like that? Why do you even bother throwing him a fastball, ESPECIALLY after shaking off some calls from Posada?

Hughes did the same exact thing the other night against Vlad in a 1-2 count I believe.

Shrugging off pitches is getting to be a thing of the past. These guys need to come up with new ways to get their signals right. I thought I saw Posada actually shaking off CC earlier in the game just to change things up? OR was the Ruiz to Lee? I forget.

Either way, don;t shake off a breaking ball in a picther's count and then throw a fastball. You'll be made into MEAT.

Last edited:

Just chewin' his gum and tossing his pitches.

This is where we have the advantage. NY HAS to win this series, or Steinbrenner starts firing everyone because the whole team is a failure.

We just get to go out there and have fun and play some ball.

I love it.

Just chewin' his gum and tossing his pitches.

This is where we have the advantage. NY HAS to win this series, or Steinbrenner starts firing everyone because the whole team is a failure.

We just get to go out there and have fun and play some ball.

I love it.
Nope, that was years ago, it isn't like that anymore.

And lest you start feeling your oats, the Braves had NY 2-0 in 96, going to Atlanta with three hall of fame pitchers on deck, and lost.

Lee was on tonight, don't try to make it more then that.

I hope Andrew is okay, homeyboy is prolly on suicide watch right now.

nah...was out at a sports bar watching that debacle of a game.

So far each time I have left the confines of my house and tried watching the game in public they have lost this post season. Staying home for the rest now, it's amazing the dirty looks you get from people when you wish the Ebola virus on Matsui...It's as if I'm the bad guy!

Lee dominated us last night...kinda goes back to the whole argument we had with Truthspeaker...Good pitching always over Good hitting.

Sometimes you just gotta tip you cap and go to the next game.

CC didn't pitch awful but he wasn't on you could tell. He shook off Posada because he had no control over his breaking stuff. One of his best out pitches is his change and he couldn't get it over. What makes me happy is knowing that CC was still off he only gave up 2, and walked 3. Thats still impressive. Usually 2 runs will give you a win.

What upsets me a little is how bad this pen is doing during the post season...Hughes seems like a head case and is scared on the mound. He was lights out for 4 months now he can't get it done?

I still like Roberston regardless of the weak little ground ball single that found a hole off him. In fact the only one that did their job in the pen is Demarte.

If the pen doesn't shapen up and find a quick bridge to Rivera this will be an ugly series.

Game 1 could have gone either way...Sabathia was good...Lee was unhittable this particular night. He is after all an AL pitcher and an AL Cy young winner...he knows how to pitch.

I'm pretty confident we will hit Pedro fairly well.

My hopes is we win today off Pedro, then it's very possible we can win off Hamels if he continues to pitch the way he has and Blanton's ERA off the Yanks is over 8 in his past 3 starts.

One game a time though

Good to hear you made it, bro.

Cliff Lee pitched the game of his life last night. No matter how the series goes that "just playing toss with my son in the backyard" catch he made is going to be talked about for years.

Unfortunately, I only caught the last 3 innings on the radio at work but I'm going in late tonight so I should catch most of the game.

I think both pitchers are getting hit tonight.

That place is going to be cooking!

Forum List

Back