Official 2009 World Series Thread

That is the difference between us A15, I would root for you to win if I was knocked out, not keep up this stupid shit of rooting against you no matter who wins.

I consider what the Red Sox fans with a few exceptions, on here did this year through the playoffs very low class considering i could have tortured your asses after all that big talk you did all year. I expect it from the boy because he is a child.

Back to baseball talk, Paulie, CC is not worn out this year in the playoffs from pitching every other day down the strech as he did last year, so saying you know how to beat him is mute, NY knows just as much or more about Cliff Lee, as well as Pedro, and Lidge blew 2 saves vs NY this year but that was early in the year.

Phils have some nice bats, NY has 2 hall of famers with two or three possible others, so the Phillies have no edge hitting wise. The Yankees played against the best hitting lineup in baseball last series, and play in a tough division so that is not a big deal.

It will come down to starters and pens, using starters as relievers is not a great forumla as the halos found out last series.

Let the games begin.

I would never, ever, ever, ever, ever root for the Yankees. It's the playoffs and the gloves came off a bit. Big deal.
Therein lies the diff between class and noclass.

If it's classless to root against your arch rival then I don't want to be classy.

I would never, ever, ever, ever, ever root for the Yankees. It's the playoffs and the gloves came off a bit. Big deal.

If it's classless to root against your arch rival then I don't want to be classy.

If you ever rooted for the Yankees I would lose a lot respect for you..

What I get a kick out of seeing is these idiotic Met fans rooting for the Phillies.

lmao

HOW in the world does that happen.

I tell them they are Yankee haters first and Met fans 2nd apparently.

[Rooting is fine, saying you hope they choke is no class.

Who doesn't want an arch rival team to choke? Hell, I hope A-Rod chokes with the bases loaded, sending NY into a feeding frenzy.

$iChoke.jpg

:D

What I get a kick out of seeing is these idiotic Met fans rooting for the Phillies.

lmao

Beats the crap outta me.

I have a hard time grasping the two team dynamic and how it plays out in NY.

Speaking of Classy:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eplbDbp6XJQ]YouTube - Anchorman-Afternoon Delight[/ame]

lmao

Beats the crap outta me.

I have a hard time grasping the two team dynamic and how it plays out in NY.

Mets fans always look for something to prove they are 'better' then the Yankees, they often make absurd claims in the quest for this.

One of the more amusing examples of this was in 96 during a Mets-Yanks series, Mets fans yelling at Torre that they had the better shortstop, Rey Ordonez, vs the Yankees's Derek Jeter.

lmao ooo the Ordonez vs Jeter talks

Man those were classic

Ordonez deserved an academy award...he would make a routine catch and after the ball was caught he would do a backflip and dive into the dirt to makeit look spectacular.

And what Met fans didn't understand was when ordonez made a catch jumping way high in the air to catch the ball..that same ball jeter would catch at his chest cause ordonez might as well have been an umpa lumpa

Man those were classic

Ordonez deserved an academy award...he would make a routine catch and after the ball was caught he would do a backflip and dive into the dirt to makeit look spectacular.

And what Met fans didn't understand was when ordonez made a catch jumping way high in the air to catch the ball..that same ball jeter would catch at his chest cause ordonez might as well have been an umpa lumpa

Another classic was ESPN coming up with some bogus 'forumula' to show Jeter was not a good fielder, despite jeter winning TWO gold gloves!

The Mets fans loved that one, I often heard how Nomar and Arod were better, and jeter outlasted both of them, as those guiys were shifted to other postions.

Man those were classic

Another classic was ESPN coming up with some bogus 'forumula' to show Jeter was not a good fielder, despite jeter winning TWO gold gloves!

The Mets fans loved that one, I often heard how Nomar and Arod were better, and jeter outlasted both of them, as those guiys were shifted to other postions.
yeah but I thought Arod was moved out of respect for Jeter. Kind of like the opposite of the 49ers.

Man those were classic

yeah but I thought Arod was moved out of respect for Jeter. Kind of like the opposite of the 49ers.
Respect had nothing to do with it, NY made it clear to Arod that they wern't hurting their defense to accomodate him, if he wanted to play for NY he had to switch postions.

It was the correct move, Alex was never as good as Jeter in teh field, Jeets is the best ever going to his right and throwing from the grass. In fact you can make an argument for him being in the top three SS alltime.

Jeter didn't win any gold gloves till a-rod moved to 3rd dude...I'm gonna respectfully disagree and say arod was a better defensive 3rd baseman and is so talented he is one of the few that could make the switch from SS to 3rd and excel at it.

[@ Mani:

Name the terms. Are you betting we only win 1 game, or that we lose the series? I'm not taking a series bet, but I'll DEF bet that we win more than 1.

Clarify and name the terms.

I was talking about a series bet. I'm definitely rooting against the Yankees, I just don't see them losing. So there's no way I take a bet I could lose with the Yanks still winning the series.

I just thought you had some faith in your team. But as my sig line indicates, I'm not always right. :D

I have faith, but I don't feel confident like I did against Tampa last year. At the time, I was thinking if we got the Sox, we might not have won.

Tell you what. Name the terms. I'll take it. But keep it reasonable and go easy on a nigga. :D

That is the difference between us A15, I would root for you to win if I was knocked out, not keep up this stupid shit of rooting against you no matter who wins.

I consider what the Red Sox fans with a few exceptions, on here did this year through the playoffs very low class considering i could have tortured your asses after all that big talk you did all year. I expect it from the boy because he is a child.

Back to baseball talk, Paulie, CC is not worn out this year in the playoffs from pitching every other day down the strech as he did last year, so saying you know how to beat him is mute, NY knows just as much or more about Cliff Lee, as well as Pedro, and Lidge blew 2 saves vs NY this year but that was early in the year.

Phils have some nice bats, NY has 2 hall of famers with two or three possible others, so the Phillies have no edge hitting wise. The Yankees played against the best hitting lineup in baseball last series, and play in a tough division so that is not a big deal.

It will come down to starters and pens, using starters as relievers is not a great forumla as the halos found out last series.

Let the games begin.
This analysis is good, and you are right, CC was dog tired last time around. But it's better than to have not seen him at all. And Lee, Francisco, and Manuel know CC well, so perhaps they can offer some tips. At least Manuel has experience dealing with AL rules, DH, and all that.

If we split in NY, I think we have the edge. If you sweep those 2, it's over.

I just don't want this series ruining friendships on here. In the end, we're all baseball fans. Just like A15 would never root for the Yanks, I'd never root for the Mets. It's just a thing, and I don't think it's mutually inclusive with "class".

If you hate a team, you hate a team.

I will lose like a man, if we lose. But cry like a little baby offline :lol:

Last edited:
Ok Paulie,

If the Yanks win, you have to make this your avatar for a week.

01-Bill-Belichick.jpg

And you'll have to pick one for me if the Phils win.

Forum List

Back