Cardinals hire lifetime .263 batter as hitting coach. You're doing it wrong.

Article 15

Dr. House slayer
Jul 4, 2008
ST. LOUIS -- Tony La Russa is returning to the St. Louis Cardinals as manager on a multiyear contract, sources told ESPN's Buster Olney, but there will be at least one change to his coaching staff.

Sources said Hal McRae, the team's hitting coach, has been fired. Mark McGwire, the former Cardinals slugger, will replace him, a source told ESPN.

La Russa's new contract is for one year, plus a mutual option for 2011 -- meaning either he or the Cardinals can walk away after next year, sources told Olney.

If I'm Albert Pujols I'm keeping this asshat as FAR away from me as possible.

Sources: Tony La Russa will return to St. Louis Cardinals in '10 - ESPN

Mark: Hey Albert, you want som-

Albert: No man! Stay away from me with that syringe for the last time dammit!

Mark: Aww, come on, it won't hurt..

Albert: Don't try and fool me with that bullshit.

Mark: It will make you feel good. It will make you feel better and like a brand new person, stronger. Your critics will be speechless at your power.

Albert: Yeah right. *Walks off*

Mark: Damn, worked for A-Rod.

P.S: I would rep you just for including "You're doing it wrong" if I could Art. :lol:

ST. LOUIS -- Tony La Russa is returning to the St. Louis Cardinals as manager on a multiyear contract, sources told ESPN's Buster Olney, but there will be at least one change to his coaching staff.

Sources said Hal McRae, the team's hitting coach, has been fired. Mark McGwire, the former Cardinals slugger, will replace him, a source told ESPN.

La Russa's new contract is for one year, plus a mutual option for 2011 -- meaning either he or the Cardinals can walk away after next year, sources told Olney.

If I was LaRussa, I would tell McGwire "Make sure you stay away from Albert's poohole."

If I was LaRussa, I would tell McGwire "Make sure you stay away from Albert's poohole."

lol ... and his food, drinks, and condoms.

would you let Reggie Jackson be a hitting coach?
Nope.

NY made a similar mistake a few years ago, letting Chris Chambliss be hitting coach, he sucked.

You don't have to be a great hitter to coach, but power hitters rarely make good hitting instructors.

what happened to Mattingly being a hitting coach for the yankees?

must have been an extension the Cards are hesitating on?

I believe he is a free agent next year. Supposedly he is unhappy with the team after the playoffs and wants to be traded away. Only two teams that could even take him $$$ wise are Boston and Yankees. Though I've heard Twins are a favorite to get him as are the White Sox. Specifically the Twins though.

must have been an extension the Cards are hesitating on?

I believe he is a free agent next year. Supposedly he is unhappy with the team after the playoffs and wants to be traded away. Only two teams that could even take him $$$ wise are Boston and Yankees. Though I've heard Twins are a favorite to get him as are the White Sox. Specifically the Twins though.

pujols would fill the hole left by manram and then some.

that's almost as wrong as Damon going to the yanks. or Bennadict Vinatierri going to the colts.

After all those years, the Yankees fucked him over and gave the job to Girardi. He interviewed for the job.

that's almost as wrong as Damon going to the yanks. or Bennadict Vinatierri going to the colts.

After all those years, the Yankees fucked him over and gave the job to Girardi. He interviewed for the job.

actually it's not like going to the red sox. It's just when you think yankees-dodgers, you think mortal enemies because of the history.

Forum List

Back