Official 2009 World Series Thread

You think that man was a bit relaxed out there?

Just chewin' his gum and tossing his pitches.

This is where we have the advantage. NY HAS to win this series, or Steinbrenner starts firing everyone because the whole team is a failure.

We just get to go out there and have fun and play some ball.

I love it.
Nope, that was years ago, it isn't like that anymore.

And lest you start feeling your oats, the Braves had NY 2-0 in 96, going to Atlanta with three hall of fame pitchers on deck, and lost.

Lee was on tonight, don't try to make it more then that.

He was on and he was cocky about it. I laughed when I saw him with attitude, he made me want the Phillies to win even tho I'm not a big baseball fan. I'll keep watching now just to see the Yank's response to the loss.

Personality in addition to skill gets people watching.

Yeah the lazy catch was funny to see...I was more impressed with the behind catch he made off Cano.

Be interesting to see if it fires up NY or if they become affraid of him.

I have seen lee a lot of times vs NY, he never looked better.

Pressure and AJ are a dangerous combo, plus clueless joe plans on playing Molina tonight, making the bottom of the lineup dead.

I would bench swisher for a game and give gardner the start vs Pedro, Nicky has 4 hits all post season.

NY again shows Pedro who's his daddy, beating the Phillies 3-1 to tie teh series at 1-1.

Solo shots from Tex and Matsui (who owns Pedro) put NY ahead, and AJ was brilliant over 7, striking out 9 and mo came in for a 6 out save.

Both clean-up hitters were horendous, Arod 0-4 with three ks, Howard had teh golden sombremo, 4 Ks in the game.

I also notice nobody runs to post in these threads when NY wins, but you sure see a lot of bullshit when they lose. ;)

NY again shows Pedro who's his daddy, beating the Phillies 3-1 to tie teh series at 1-1.

Solo shots from Tex and Matsui (who owns Pedro) put NY ahead, and AJ was brilliant over 7, striking out 9 and mo came in for a 6 out save.

Both clean-up hitters were horendous, Arod 0-4 with three ks, Howard had teh golden sombremo, 4 Ks in the game.

I also notice nobody runs to post in these threads when NY wins, but you sure see a lot of bullshit when they lose. ;)

See above ;)

Burnett pitch great, despite my doubts. Pedro, too.

Pedro looked good in a losing effort. I give him credit for doing what he does best: showing up in a big game and giving his team 100%.

A Rod need to breath. Seriously. He's like CC in the first inning, just BREATH MAN! He looked really bad on the third strike twice, and got called out on a pitch out of the zone, but he's getting good cuts at the ball.

See above ;)

That wasn't for you, BTW, you posted while I had the reply window open, it was for the squirt.

There was one bad call again, Howard clearly trapped Damon's ball, should have been bases loaded with one out, instead Philly got a DP.

See above ;)

That wasn't for you, BTW, you posted while I had the reply window open, it was for the squirt.

pedro pitched well. the gopher to texiera might have been a mistake, but matsui's homer was a great piece of hitting not a mistake by petey, imo.

is rivera the last guy to wear 42 in the majors?

There was one bad call again, Howard clearly trapped Damon's ball, should have been bases loaded with one out, instead Philly got a DP.

I don't know about "Cleary" and Howard played the part right by pretending he caught it on the fly. The only way that ever gets calls as a trap is when Baseball finally adopts a replay rule

pedro pitched well. the gopher to texiera might have been a mistake, but matsui's homer was a great piece of hitting not a mistake by petey, imo.

is rivera the last guy to wear 42 in the majors?
3ER in 6 is 4.5 ERA.

If he had been pulled after 6 I would agree he pitched well, but that didn't happen, it was only a blown call thatb saved Pedro from 4 ERs.

I don't know about "Cleary" and Howard played the part right by pretending he caught it on the fly. The only way that ever gets calls as a trap is when Baseball finally adopts a replay rule

i thought he caught it after looking at the replay. howard thought he caught it, too; he never tagged first. both teams are playing good baseball so i hope it goes seven.

Pedro did better then I thought he would of. Burnett did a helluva lot better then I thought he would of. I had a sneaking feeling that both pitchers would of been shelled, forcing the bullpens early.

The Sandman was his usual self. Though I continue to be right about A-Rod.

Yankees tie it up, here's hoping Philly can take a 2-1 advantage.

i thought he caught it after looking at the replay. howard thought he caught it, too; he never tagged first. both teams are playing good baseball so i hope it goes seven.

Howard didn't think he caught the ball...If Howard thought he caught the ball he would have went right to first to double off Posada...as soon as he caught the ball he instantly threw it to second.

Hello Instant replay in 2010

As Andrew said, Howard clearly knew he trapped it or he would not have gone to 2nd.

What made it worse was the umps huddled up and still got it wrong.

NY was so mad at the bad call they refused to take the field for over 5 minutes, you NEVER see that.

You know..I have been flipping through Yes, ESPN, ESPN News and I have seen any thing said about the blown calls from the umps...kinda odd

Just heard manuel, he knocked the NY fans, and said he won't start Lee in game 4, it will be Blanton.

He also basically called Pettit a bum, was an interesting press conference to say the least.

Forum List

Back