Official 2009 World Series Thread

interesting dog...

hows your sox team doing.

pretty shitty last time I checked.

You're a douchebag red sox fan who got knocked out of the playoffs...you have no room to speak

Let's see dog

you picked the Twins to win

then you picked the Angels to win

PLEASE O PLEASE PICK THE PHILLIES TO WIN

[@ Mani:

Name the terms. Are you betting we only win 1 game, or that we lose the series? I'm not taking a series bet, but I'll DEF bet that we win more than 1.

Clarify and name the terms.

I was talking about a series bet. I'm definitely rooting against the Yankees, I just don't see them losing. So there's no way I take a bet I could lose with the Yanks still winning the series.

I just thought you had some faith in your team. But as my sig line indicates, I'm not always right. :D

interesting dog...

You're a douchebag red sox fan who got knocked out of the playoffs...you have no room to speak

Just wait 'til next year!

I'm officially a Phillies fan as of today. :popcorn:

interesting dog...

I would expect every red sox fan to be a Philly fan right now..anything else would be absurd.

Difference is you aren't talking retarded smack like Dog is.

He seems to forget his team hasn't done shit in the past 4 years now as well.

interesting dog...

I would expect every red sox fan to be a Philly fan right now..anything else would be absurd.

Difference is you aren't talking retarded smack like Dog is.

He seems to forget his team hasn't done shit in the past 4 years now as well.

4 years?

2009-2007 = ?

And we were a win away from the World Series last year....

sorry I hit 4 instead of 3....3 years

And the 1 win away from the world series doesn't fly dude..come on you know that.

it's all about the final outcome...100 years from now no one is going to remember the Red Sox were 1 win away...All they will see is they lost the series...Just like the Yankees in their losses no matter how close they were

Last edited:
Yankees in a walk. Sorry Paulie, but it will be easy for the Yankees. The hardest part for the Pinstripers will be rolling out of bed and lacing their cleats. Yankees in 5.

:razz:

This will not be an easy series for either team FYI

I think the Yanks have a nice advantage but the Phillies are a gresat team...they are the only team in the Weak ass NL I have any shred of respect for

And the 1 win away from the world series doesn't fly dude..come on you know that.

it's all about the final outcome...100 years from now no one is going to remember the Red Sox were 1 win away...All they will see is they lost the series...Just like the Yankees in their losses no matter how close they were

By that logic the Yankees haven't done shit since 2000 but you are over in the other thread arguing that if they win this year then they are the team of the decade.

How can you reconcile the seemingly opposite positions?

By that logic the Yankees haven't done shit since 2000 but you are over in the other thread arguing that if they win this year then they are the team of the decade.

I clearly said in the other thread if you read it that if the Yankees don't beat the phillies then they are not in the conversation for team of the decade...then it's clearly between the Red Sox and Phillies

I clearly said in the other thread if you read it that if the Yankees don't beat the phillies then they are not in the conversation for team of the decade...then it's clearly between the Red Sox and Phillies

I get that but you want to include all the other underlying factors to determine team of the decade which includes playoff and world series appearances. So I guess getting in the playoffs and the world series actually counts as "doing shit." No?

That is the difference between us A15, I would root for you to win if I was knocked out, not keep up this stupid shit of rooting against you no matter who wins.

I consider what the Red Sox fans with a few exceptions, on here did this year through the playoffs very low class considering i could have tortured your asses after all that big talk you did all year. I expect it from the boy because he is a child.

Back to baseball talk, Paulie, CC is not worn out this year in the playoffs from pitching every other day down the strech as he did last year, so saying you know how to beat him is mute, NY knows just as much or more about Cliff Lee, as well as Pedro, and Lidge blew 2 saves vs NY this year but that was early in the year.

Phils have some nice bats, NY has 2 hall of famers with two or three possible others, so the Phillies have no edge hitting wise. The Yankees played against the best hitting lineup in baseball last series, and play in a tough division so that is not a big deal.

It will come down to starters and pens, using starters as relievers is not a great forumla as the halos found out last series.

Let the games begin.

That is the difference between us A15, I would root for you to win if I was knocked out, not keep up this stupid shit of rooting against you no matter who wins.

I consider what the Red Sox fans with a few exceptions, on here did this year through the playoffs very low class considering i could have tortured your asses after all that big talk you did all year. I expect it from the boy because he is a child.

Back to baseball talk, Paulie, CC is not worn out this year in the playoffs from pitching every other day down the strech as he did last year, so saying you know how to beat him is mute, NY knows just as much or more about Cliff Lee, as well as Pedro, and Lidge blew 2 saves vs NY this year but that was early in the year.

Phils have some nice bats, NY has 2 hall of famers with two or three possible others, so the Phillies have no edge hitting wise. The Yankees played against the best hitting lineup in baseball last series, and play in a tough division so that is not a big deal.

It will come down to starters and pens, using starters as relievers is not a great forumla as the halos found out last series.

Let the games begin.

I would never, ever, ever, ever, ever root for the Yankees. It's the playoffs and the gloves came off a bit. Big deal.

I get that but you want to include all the other underlying factors to determine team of the decade which includes playoff and world series appearances. So I guess getting in the playoffs and the world series actually counts as "doing shit." No?

No totally the opposite...getting to the playoffs and winning divisons and winning pennants are a huge deal.

Let's get real for a second...as much as it sucks to lose int he world series...you are still losing in the WORLD SERIES lol. It's great to even get there and watch your team play.

And when you take into effect getting into the world series and playoff appearances the Yankees dominate the sox these past 10 years

Let the games begin.

I would never, ever, ever, ever, ever root for the Yankees. It's the playoffs and the gloves came off a bit. Big deal.

Yeah I'm with Article

I could NEVER EVER root for the Sox...Can't do it won't ever happen.

A little trash talking between the 2 clubs is expected come October

Let the games begin.

Did you see John kruk the other night...I don't even know why I watch BBTN anymore....majority of them are retards

"The Yankees haven't seen bats like the Phillies yet"

Ok you fat fuckin homer...Angels had one of the best offenses in the league and the Phillies haven't seen any bats like the Yanks have...they have played the rockies and dodgers for crying out loud

Let the games begin.

Therein lies the diff between class and noclass.

Did you see John kruk the other night...I don't even know why I watch BBTN anymore....majority of them are retards

"The Yankees haven't seen bats like the Phillies yet"

Ok you fat fuckin homer...Angels had one of the best offenses in the league and the Phillies haven't seen any bats like the Yanks have...they have played the rockies and dodgers for crying out loud

Kruk is moronic, but most of the baseball shows have been lame.

According to both MLB and ESPN, The Yankees were dead everytime they lost to the halos, Sunday morning Mark Grace was telling us how NY lost the playoffs even though he picked them in 6, because they lost gave five.

You have to wonder how honest these guys on the shows are, their 'opinion' changes based on the last game.

I picked the winner in 7 of 8 teams this year, and only missed on one playoff series, I'll take what i say over them anyday of the week.

NY in 6.

Forum List

Back