Official 2009 World Series Thread

Going to be going for awhile, probably until after the game is over.

Since that is the case, will be an interesting end. If Yankees win, Congratulations. *Pukes*

If not, see you in Game 7. :lol:

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

YANKEES WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS #27!!!!!!
GREAT FUCKING NIGHT...SO HAPPY!!!

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hSTivVclQQ0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hSTivVclQQ0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

My mother was a California (LA can suck Dodger dogs) Angels fan her entire life, or at least from the time that team existed.

She died the year the won they World Series, but just before they did.

I suspect she is now having wild post life sex with Gene Autry, but that is just a theoligical hunch.

Last edited:
Told ya.

Short rest wasn't a factor, NY won in 6.

And we know Pedro's daddy is Godzilla.

I love nothing more than seeing Pedro get his ass kicked by his daddy.

BTW, 'first ballot Hall of Famers' don't get their asses kicked twice in the same world series and pitch so lamely as Pedro.

large_phillies_pedro_martinez_first_start.jpg

And he meets his Daddy

Hideki-Matsui.jpg

NY wins 7-3 behind Andy pettit and the MVP hitting of Hideki Matsui who had a HR and six RBI.

The Yankees win the series 4-2 for their 27th championship and first in 9 years.

Congratulations to THE NEW YORK YANKEES on their winning of their 27th Championship!

The Yankees Win! The Yankeeeeeees WIN!!!!!

And, not for nothing, but Congratulations also to the Phillies (except for Pedro) for playing like the National League Champions THEY are. Losing the World Series must hurt, but that is still a pretty terrific baseball team. Utley can rest easy this off season.

Pedro can suck dirty diapers.

And Godzilla can hold his head high over the NY skyline! (I understand that the Yankee brass is likely to unload Matsui, now. Fucking shame. He is so totally clutch. He has been a great addition to the Yankee lineup. Class act.)

And lest we forget: A-Rod had a great post-season. He gets his first World Series ring. He has officially gotten past the derisive claim that had long been dumped on him that he was not clutch when it matters. I don't respect the fact that he did, in the past, use banned substances to give himself a cheating edge. That tarnishes all that followed. BUT, even so, he took his lumps, got himself a bit contrite, started playing the GAME for the love of the Game, acted like a real TEAM-mate and came through like a true Champion this post season.

So, one more time with feeling:

The YANKEES WIN!

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Last edited:
This one actually doesn't hurt all that much. I've felt much more pain over sports title losses than this one. I'm pulling out the '08 Phils highlights to brighten my day.

In other news, the Yankees officially bought the phrase "World Series" from the MLB and you now owe them $250 every time you say it. :D

On the real though, even though friggin 27 of them, I imagine it never gets old.

This one actually doesn't hurt all that much. I've felt much more pain over sports title losses than this one. I'm pulling out the '08 Phils highlights to brighten my day.

In other news, the Yankees officially bought the phrase "World Series" from the MLB and you now owe them $250 every time you say it. :D

On the real though, even though friggin 27 of them, I imagine it never gets old.
No, it doesn't get old.

Another odd sports stat, NY has not won a WS under a GoP POTUS since Ike, when Barry won it meant a return of NY to the winner's circle.

Phils played a great series, you need better pitching, one more starter and a real closer.

No, it doesn't get old.

Another odd sports stat, NY has not won a WS under a GoP POTUS since Ike, when Barry won it meant a return of NY to the winner's circle.

Phils played a great series, you need better pitching, one more starter and a real closer.
Yeah, you figure in game 4, it was literally the difference in ONE PLAY that could have potentially sent this whole thing in a different direction.

Third base by Damon was key. But at least I can look back and say Lidge didn't blow a save. Had he gotten out of the inning, we're still tied and then who knows.

Yeah, we need a starter. But not one of your wins came down to a bad outing from a closer in a save situation, and Lidge sucked all year. So in retrospect, we don't NECESSARILY HAVE to get a closer. It wasn't one of our WS issues.

Not putting in Happ for Mastui in the 3rd was just strange to me. I texted the girl at the beginning of the inning and said "guarantee Charlie warms up Happ as soon as Pedro gets in trouble". Because I figured he'd want Happ for Mastui. Sure enough, guy gets on, there's the call to the pen for Happ.

And he was fully warmed up, WITH a trip to the mound by Dubie to talk to Pedro, that to me looked like a stall for more time for Happ to get loose.

I don't understand why Charlie didn't go get him.

I think Charlie's only real problem is that sometimes he errs on the side of loyalty.

Last edited:
It would have been hard to win that WS for Philly, Lee was the best starter, but none of the others came close to what NY had.

Ultimetly all the 'short rest' stuff was just so much talk, it came down to who hit best in the clutch.

Howard never really did, Utley was red hot in spots but what ultimetly killed you was NY was able to shut down Utley and Howard with Marte, while the Phils could not do the same to Jeter, Damon and Matsui. Even Arod had huge clutch hits, 2 Yankees had bad series, Tex & Cano, but I'll take it. ;)

It would have been hard to win that WS for Philly, Lee was the best starter, but none of the others came close to what NY had.

Ultimetly all the 'short rest' stuff was just so much talk, it came down to who hit best in the clutch.

Howard never really did, Utley was red hot in spots but what ultimetly killed you was NY was able to shut down Utley and Howard with Marte, while the Phils could not do the same to Jeter, Damon and Matsui. Even Arod had huge clutch hits, 2 Yankees had bad series, Tex & Cano, but I'll take it. ;)

Tex only had a poor series at the plate. In the field, he remained simply awesome.

Seemed like Jeter was on base every damn at-bat.

And Rollins wasn't.

We live and die by the performance of the top of our lineup.

Tex only had a poor series at the plate. In the field, he remained simply awesome.

This is true. He saved multiple runs with his glove.

He's a great fielder, Cano is a good one also, few could have turned the DPs he did on the Phils so easily.

Don't always have to do it with the pine, sometimes the leather is enough.

Seemed like Jeter was on base every damn at-bat.

And Rollins wasn't.

We live and die by the performance of the top of our lineup.
Rollins was something of a goat, from shooting his mouth off to not getting on much.

It seemed to me the Phils lineup just wasn't consistant, if Utley hit Werth didn't and vice versa, Ibanez never seemed to get started, and 13Ks, a record from the kid Howard was rough. Plus Victorino hid how bad his hand was after getting hit, you could see he wasn't swinging correctly.

Forum List

Back