Official 2009 World Series Thread

but i don't like pettitte's chances. of course, petey on 4 days isn't optimal either.

Pedro will be on regular rest, btw.

And Pettitte even said himself that he's not going to come out firing heat all game long, he knows the arm ain't what it used to be.

He might get 6 innings if he keeps them in the game.

I have faith in Pedro. This game may very well ultimately define his legacy and I think he knows that.

Unless you're a Yank fan, how could you NOT want this game to go 7!

This is fun as hell!!!

Official keep track of entries post (don't trust you d-bags not to go back and edit your own posts :) )

4 1/3 innings pitched by Pedro Martinez tonight.

Over
del
dogbert

Under
EZ
Andrew2382

Give me the over, and I can't believe you, EZ!! We'll be having words over that one later :razz:

Official keep track of entries post (don't trust you d-bags not to go back and edit your own posts :) )

4 1/3 innings pitched by Pedro Martinez tonight.

Over
del
dogbert

Under
EZ
Andrew2382

Give me the over, and I can't believe you, EZ!! We'll be having words over that one later :razz:

Don't be a hater!

UNDER 4.1 innings???? That would pretty much mean he got shelled and we would most likely be in a position to lose the game!!

Who's REALLY being the hater! :lol:

but i don't like pettitte's chances. of course, petey on 4 days isn't optimal either.

And Pettitte even said himself that he's not going to come out firing heat all game long, he knows the arm ain't what it used to be.

I have faith in Pedro. This game may very well ultimately define his legacy and I think he knows that.

This is fun as hell!!!

we'll see what happens.

Pedro is technically on short rest too dude...he's beenpitching 10 days or more rest past few games. Who knows what effect that has on him.

Andy Pettitte never delivered heat...he is a pitcher...location and changing speeds and he stops your run game.

2 things that favor the yanks here

Yanks are hitting the ball much better now compared to game 2. Game 1 they got abused by Lee and that may have carried over to Pedro.

I think both pitchers are going to get hit hard...

this game can also define Pettitte legacy...I think this game will come down to our bullpens and I give advantage Yankees there because we have Mo and last licks

This is fun as hell!!!

we'll see what happens.

Pedro is technically on short rest too dude...he's beenpitching 10 days or more rest past few games. Who knows what effect that has on him.

Andy Pettitte never delivered heat...he is a pitcher...location and changing speeds and he stops your run game.

2 things that favor the yanks here

Yanks are hitting the ball much better now compared to game 2. Game 1 they got abused by Lee and that may have carried over to Pedro.

I think both pitchers are going to get hit hard...

this game can also define Pettitte legacy...I think this game will come down to our bullpens and I give advantage Yankees there because we have Mo and last licks

Yeah Mo is too automatic to be messing around with giving away any kind of lead. But Pedro also hasn't been pitching all year long either, so the arm should be strong.

You know we could both go back and forth for the next hour about who we think has the advantages :lol:

I actually LIKE being in NY now, we get to have a DH and not have to yank Pedro early even if he's pitching well, because we need a bat the next inning to replace his spot.

But you get Matsui again, and he's been nailing us.

I'll give you the advantage. We LIKE being the underdog :D

SPEAKING OF MATSUI

WHAT A FUCKING BOMB!

Pedro is throwing 84 mph meat...this game could get ugly for him

If we don't crush Pedro for throwing 84 mph meat then we don't deserve to win....he looks awful.

Looks like the Under may be right

yeah cheap run..o well

I dont understand why jeter didnt make a throw to third...he had a play

Good Job A-Rod

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A]YouTube - The Price is Right losing horn[/ame]

good job what? The ball was 6 inches off the plate..terrible fucking call. he isn't suppose to swing at that

Matsui

.636/3HR/6RBI

Pretty sick

Might be MVP...If Mo gets another 6 out save he might beat him out...we'll see

Forum List

Back