October Surprise

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
The CBS/Rather/Bush/Guard affair had brilliantly deflected the issue of George W. Bush having strings pulled to get him into the Guard, and then not fulfilling his service requirements. Anytime the issue is raised in the future - regardless of facts or context - partisan Republicans will simply dismiss it by saying, "Those documents were forged." That four-word sound byte will be remembered long after the details of Bush's failures have dimmed from popular memory. Politically, it was a masterstroke.
And not only does it hurt Bush family enemy Kerry, but also gets back at Bush family enemy Dan Rather, against whom they've nursed a 16-year grudge.
The Bush family's hostility to Rather first broke the surface of public attention back in 1988, when Vice President George H.W. Bush was confronted on network television about his various roles in the criminal affair now known as Iran/Contra. At the time, rumors were flying that in the fall of 1980 then-VP-candidate Bush had negotiated with Iran to hold the American hostages until after the election. The hostages were not only held throughout the election campaign, but were released the very hour Ronald Reagan was sworn into office. The ongoing dragged-out hostage crisis (and Carter's failed attempt at rescue) had knocked the incumbent president down so far in the polls that the long-shot ticket of Reagan/Bush won.
When it later came out, in part because of an investigation started by Senator John Kerry, that after the 1980 election Reagan/Bush were illegally selling American missiles to the Iranians "in exchange for hostages" at a time there were no hostages (the Iranian hostages had been freed, and the Lebanese hostages not yet taken), speculation intensified. The key to busting the whole deal open and indicting George H.W. Bush, some congressional investigators believed, would be Bill Casey. As the manager of the 1980 Reagan/Bush campaign, he would have known of the deal, and persistent allegations floated around Washington that he'd even helped organize the initial negotiations between Bush and Iranian representatives.
When Reagan/Bush took the White house, they elevated campaign manager Casey to the role of Director of the CIA. And the congressional committees looking into Iran/Contra so wanted to talk with Casey that they took the rare step of subpoenaing a sitting head of the CIA.
As White House insider Barbara Honegger wrote in her groundbreaking book "October Surprise," Casey "reportedly attended meetings in Paris, France, on October 19 and 20, 1980, with Iranian officials and agents of French intelligence to arrange an arms-for-hostages-delay deal with Iran. The morning of his first scheduled under-oath testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee on the secret Iran initiative he was struck by seizures in his CIA headquarters office in Langley, Virginia, and underwent speech-incapacitating left-brain surgery shortly thereafter. Had he lived to testify, according to life-long friend and counsel Milton Gould, Casey would have told the 'entire truth.' He died on May 6, 1987."
Since the left temporal lobe of the brain - "Broca's region" - controls speech, some "conspiracy minded" folks suggested at the time that this was simply a hi-tech version of the mob cutting out an informer's tongue.
Six months after Casey was silenced, on January 25, 1988 in a CBS broadcast, Dan Rather cornered Vice President George H.W. Bush about the whole Iran issue, and Bush became furious. Barely able to speak, his face twisted with rage, Bush blurted out: "It's not fair to judge my whole career by a rehash on Iran. How would you like it if I judged your career by those seven minutes when you walked off the set in New York?" Bush's voice was cracking with hysteria as he added, "Would you like that?"
ThomHartmann.com - Just Cut Out Their Tongues

lol...tom hartmann

So if the libd keep going on how Bush's documents were forged can we keep bringing up the validity of Obamas birth certificate

you partisan ****...you rip on people if they listen to hannity or rush because they actually get good ratings unlike your boyfriend Tom, but every article you link is from hartman who I am assumung you give daily reach arounds and blow jobs too

great stuff there,yeah the october surprise was created cause they wanted the corrupt team of Reagan and Bush in the white house.you forgot to metion the part where they set up carter to look bad when he ordered a rescue operation of the hostages,how the CIA sabatoged the helicopter to crash and the american people falsely blamed carter for the dissaster when it wasnt his fault the copter crashed.They rigged it to do so.

lol...tom hartmann

So if the libd keep going on how Bush's documents were forged can we keep bringing up the validity of Obamas birth certificate

you partisan ****...you rip on people if they listen to hannity or rush because they actually get good ratings unlike your boyfriend Tom, but every article you link is from hartman who I am assumung you give daily reach arounds and blow jobs too

I already posted another article I found from Thom yesterday where he explains that what you just did is just another GOP tactic. If anyone ever calls one of you right wingers out, for ANYTHING, rather than discuss the FACT that GW Bush dodged the draft, you spin it so now the topic of conversation is the source of the information.

You guys are masters at this. Still no word on whether or not Bush actually did dodge the draft, huh?

I already posted another article I found from Thom yesterday where he explains that what you just did is just another GOP tactic. If anyone ever calls one of you right wingers out, for ANYTHING, rather than discuss the FACT that GW Bush dodged the draft, you spin it so now the topic of conversation is the source of the information.

You guys are masters at this. Still no word on whether or not Bush actually did dodge the draft, huh?

I never had a problem with daddy Bush helping get baby bush into the Reserves so he wouldn't have to go to Vietnam. I'm sure I would do the same for my kid. But it isn't draft dodging. They just should have been honest about it.

lol...tom hartmann

But isn't it amazing the mainstream media doesn't tell us about this history? No wonder people think I'm a conspiracy theorist. Until yesterday, I didn't even know all the facts. Dude, Bush/Reagan should have been impeached just as much as GW Bush should have been impeached. And can you believe their party impeached Clinton over a BJ? And the GOP are so good at playing politics, they even got Democrats to sign on. How many Republicans were willing to even consider impeaching Bush? And he definately commited HIGH crimes.

Anyways, I just wanted to point out that whenever the GOP is called out, what they do to avoid the subject is call out the person that blew the whistle.

Look at what they did to Powell & Scott McClellen. The story quickly went from what the two men were saying to, "those to men are traitors/not really conservatives/just trying to sell books."

I never had a problem with daddy Bush helping get baby bush into the Reserves so he wouldn't have to go to Vietnam. I'm sure I would do the same for my kid. But it isn't draft dodging. They just should have been honest about it.

No. He didn't even show up to the reserves. There was a time period when Bush was supposed to be showing up for the reserves and he wasn't. Technically he was AWOL. But yes, because of his daddy, he didn't get in any trouble.

But it's more than what you are suggesting. There was a gap of a few months where he just didn't show up.

Did you read this part of the story I linked?

having strings pulled to get him into the Guard, and then not fulfilling his service requirements. Anytime the issue is raised in the future - regardless of facts or context - partisan Republicans will simply dismiss it by saying, "Those documents were forged." That four-word sound byte will be remembered long after the details of Bush's failures have dimmed from popular memory. Politically, it was a masterstroke.

Yea, I don't have a problem with pulling strings to put him in the national guard either. It's the NOT FULFILLING HIS SERVICE REQUIREMENTS that probably would have bothered the voters had the story not been flipped to be about Dan Rather.

And isn't it interesting that the Bush family hasn't liked Rather ever since he interviewed HW and called HW out for the Iran Contra thing.

And why is the media called liberal when they bust Republicans? What did we call the media when they busted on Clinton/Monica?

How come it wasn't the Conservative media?

The media is supposed to tattle tale on the politicians. ALL OF THEM!!!!

no clue but we do have positive confirmation bill clinton did

I used to have a link to it on my old computer, before it died.

Face it, they're both scum.

I have speculted that HW Bush and Reagan made a deal with the Iranians that they keep the hostages until after the election and I was called a conspiracy theorist.

Then yesterday I learned this:

it later came out, in part because of an investigation started by Senator John Kerry, that after the 1980 election Reagan/Bush were illegally selling American missiles to the Iranians "in exchange for hostages" at a time there were no hostages (the Iranian hostages had been freed, and the Lebanese hostages not yet taken), speculation intensified.

So maybe no one proved it without a shadow of a doubt, just like we haven't proved in a court of law that Bush/Chaney broke a shit load of laws, but isn't it obvious?

Chances are some back room deals were made to end the investigations.

So does anyone doubt that Reagan/HW Bush made a deal with the Iranians?

If not, what possible other reason did they have selling them weapons?

I dont have a problem with that either.What I DO have a problem with is corrupt hypocrite politicians like Bush Jr and Clinton being draft dodgers and then sending young enlisted men off to fight these fake and phony wars "that they would never fight in." so all these big businesses and corporations can profit from it.

Last edited:
lol...tom hartmann

But isn't it amazing the mainstream media doesn't tell us about this history? No wonder people think I'm a conspiracy theorist. Until yesterday, I didn't even know all the facts. Dude, Bush/Reagan should have been impeached just as much as GW Bush should have been impeached. And can you believe their party impeached Clinton over a BJ? And the GOP are so good at playing politics, they even got Democrats to sign on. How many Republicans were willing to even consider impeaching Bush? And he definately commited HIGH crimes.

Anyways, I just wanted to point out that whenever the GOP is called out, what they do to avoid the subject is call out the person that blew the whistle.

Look at what they did to Powell & Scott McClellen. The story quickly went from what the two men were saying to, "those to men are traitors/not really conservatives/just trying to sell books."

yeah it IS amazing how the corporate controlled mainstream media will never report these things and call out for the heads of Bush and Reagan.funny how the media also plays up an unimportant event like clintons blow job he had instead of reporting the mena arakansas scandal that clinton was involved with Bush in.

I dont have a problem with that either.What I DO have a problem with is corrupt hypocrite politicians like Bush Jr and Clinton being draft dodgers and then sending young enlisted men off to fight these fake and phony wars that they would never fight in so all these big businesses and corporations can profit from it.

Is that what happened in Kosovo? Was that for corporations? I wouldn't doubt it, but haven't proven that to myself yet. Or no one else has proven it to me yet.

And trust me, Rush would have been all over those facts.

And I can see a great mind not being the kind of person to serve in the military. It shouldn't be a litmus test that you serve in the military to run for president. Those guys are all brainwashed too. Worse than most people. They get pissed on and they are convinced it is just rain. Stay the course. :cuckoo:

The Kosova war was just started by Clinton to get everybodys attention diverted away from his sex scandal trial the same way that other bastard Dick Nixon started a war in Laos to also divert everybodys attention away from his watergate scandal he was involved in.A lot of similarities between those two bastards.thats one of them.

The Kosova war was just started by Clinton to get everybodys attention diverted away from his sex scandal trial the same way that other bastard Dick Nixon started a war in Laos to also divert everybodys attention away from his watergate scandal he was involved in.A lot of similarities between those two bastards.thats one of them.

Somebody yesterday said they never found mass graves in Kosovo. Is that true? I don't believe it. I think they were killing ethnic albanians. Know how I know? Have you ever seen an ethnic Albanian? :lol: Totally kidding!!!:eusa_shhh:

lol...tom hartmann

I can show you a 2006 Thom hartmann piece where he's saying exactly what trumps saying about illegals and NAFTA.

Maybe you only listen to rwnj's.

Anyways, after trump had Russia help him win does anyone doubt Ronny and bush asked Iran to hold on to the hostages? Doesn't seem so far fetched anymore

lol...tom hartmann

I can show you a 2006 Thom hartmann piece where he's saying exactly what trumps saying about illegals and NAFTA.

Anyways, after trump had Russia help him win does anyone doubt Ronny and bush asked Iran to hold on to the hostages? Doesn't seem so far fetched anymore

do you even realise you are talking to a poster who left this site several years ago?:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

you do the same thing with the democrats that andrew always did on 9/11. Andrew was one of thousands of 9/11 apologists here at this site who would only see what he would WANT to see,never taking to the time to look at the evidence that 9/11 was an inside job,like so many others here,he would try and convince himself that the governments version of events was true the fact he was so much in denial,so he was a 9/11 apologists. well who knowing how you only see when it comes to the democrats and what a democrat apologists you are about the corruption of the democrats,that you cant accept reality that its a ONE PARTY SYSTEM designed to look like two so the sheep think they have a choice in who gets elected,I bet you are in denial mode that Obama is not a US citizen,or that clinton did not order the CIA to kill off many of his past associates such as vince foster,ron brown,ect,ect evem though you have been taken to school on this many times in the past to be true by so many threads here created in the past?:rofl::lmao::rolleyes-41::rolleyes:

oh and before beleiving what the CIA media says about russia having trump get elected,you better have cold hard facts to back it up to post,not half baked theories which is all the government has in their fairy tales that 9/11 was done by muslims and bin laden with no evidence whatsoever to back it up. do YOU have any? please post if you do.

Last edited:
lol...tom hartmann

do you even realise you are talking to a poster who left this site several years ago?:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

you do the same thing with the democrats that andrew always did on 9/11. Andrew was one of thousands of 9/11 apologists here at this site who would only see what he would WANT to see,never taking to the time to look at the evidence that 9/11 was an inside job,like so many others here,he would try and convince himself that the governments version of events was true the fact he was so much in denial,so he was a 9/11 apologists. well who knowing how you only see when it comes to the democrats and what a democrat apologists you are about the corruption of the democrats,that you cant accept reality that its a ONE PARTY SYSTEM designed to look like two so the sheep think they have a choice in who gets elected,I bet you are in denial mode that Obama is not a US citizen,or that clinton did not order the CIA to kill off many of his past associates such as vince foster,ron brown,ect,ect evem though you have been taken to school on this many times in the past to be true by so many threads here created in the past?:rofl::lmao::rolleyes-41::rolleyes:

oh and before beleiving what the CIA media says about russia having trump get elected,you better have cold hard facts to back it up to post,not half baked theories which is all the government has in their fairy tales that 9/11 was done by muslims and bin laden with no evidence whatsoever to back it up. do YOU have any? please post if you do.
No I don't believe Clinton killed Vince Foster although it's possible. Would it shock me? Yes. But on a shock scale of 1-10 it would only be a 4 shocker.

But Bush did do 9-11. It's called disaster capitalism.

Is it a 1 party system designed to look like 2? Yes

Obama is a US Citizen.

I don't need evidence that Bush lied us into Iraq or that Trump colluded with Russia or that the GOP stole the 2000 and 2004 elections and lied us into Iraq.

Forum List

Back