October Surprise

Discussion in 'Conspiracy Theories' started by sealybobo, Feb 26, 2009.

1. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,163
    The CBS/Rather/Bush/Guard affair had brilliantly deflected the issue of George W. Bush having strings pulled to get him into the Guard, and then not fulfilling his service requirements. Anytime the issue is raised in the future - regardless of facts or context - partisan Republicans will simply dismiss it by saying, "Those documents were forged." That four-word sound byte will be remembered long after the details of Bush's failures have dimmed from popular memory. Politically, it was a masterstroke.
    And not only does it hurt Bush family enemy Kerry, but also gets back at Bush family enemy Dan Rather, against whom they've nursed a 16-year grudge.
    The Bush family's hostility to Rather first broke the surface of public attention back in 1988, when Vice President George H.W. Bush was confronted on network television about his various roles in the criminal affair now known as Iran/Contra. At the time, rumors were flying that in the fall of 1980 then-VP-candidate Bush had negotiated with Iran to hold the American hostages until after the election. The hostages were not only held throughout the election campaign, but were released the very hour Ronald Reagan was sworn into office. The ongoing dragged-out hostage crisis (and Carter's failed attempt at rescue) had knocked the incumbent president down so far in the polls that the long-shot ticket of Reagan/Bush won.
    When it later came out, in part because of an investigation started by Senator John Kerry, that after the 1980 election Reagan/Bush were illegally selling American missiles to the Iranians "in exchange for hostages" at a time there were no hostages (the Iranian hostages had been freed, and the Lebanese hostages not yet taken), speculation intensified. The key to busting the whole deal open and indicting George H.W. Bush, some congressional investigators believed, would be Bill Casey. As the manager of the 1980 Reagan/Bush campaign, he would have known of the deal, and persistent allegations floated around Washington that he'd even helped organize the initial negotiations between Bush and Iranian representatives.
    When Reagan/Bush took the White house, they elevated campaign manager Casey to the role of Director of the CIA. And the congressional committees looking into Iran/Contra so wanted to talk with Casey that they took the rare step of subpoenaing a sitting head of the CIA.
    As White House insider Barbara Honegger wrote in her groundbreaking book "October Surprise," Casey "reportedly attended meetings in Paris, France, on October 19 and 20, 1980, with Iranian officials and agents of French intelligence to arrange an arms-for-hostages-delay deal with Iran. The morning of his first scheduled under-oath testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee on the secret Iran initiative he was struck by seizures in his CIA headquarters office in Langley, Virginia, and underwent speech-incapacitating left-brain surgery shortly thereafter. Had he lived to testify, according to life-long friend and counsel Milton Gould, Casey would have told the 'entire truth.' He died on May 6, 1987."
    Since the left temporal lobe of the brain - "Broca's region" - controls speech, some "conspiracy minded" folks suggested at the time that this was simply a hi-tech version of the mob cutting out an informer's tongue.
    Six months after Casey was silenced, on January 25, 1988 in a CBS broadcast, Dan Rather cornered Vice President George H.W. Bush about the whole Iran issue, and Bush became furious. Barely able to speak, his face twisted with rage, Bush blurted out: "It's not fair to judge my whole career by a rehash on Iran. How would you like it if I judged your career by those seven minutes when you walked off the set in New York?" Bush's voice was cracking with hysteria as he added, "Would you like that?"
    ThomHartmann.com - Just Cut Out Their Tongues

2. Andrew2382

Andrew2382 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +537
    lol...tom hartmann

So if the libd keep going on how Bush's documents were forged can we keep bringing up the validity of Obamas birth certificate

you partisan ****...you rip on people if they listen to hannity or rush because they actually get good ratings unlike your boyfriend Tom, but every article you link is from hartman who I am assumung you give daily reach arounds and blow jobs too

3. LA RAM FAN

LA RAM FAN Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,753
    great stuff there,yeah the october surprise was created cause they wanted the corrupt team of Reagan and Bush in the white house.you forgot to metion the part where they set up carter to look bad when he ordered a rescue operation of the hostages,how the CIA sabatoged the helicopter to crash and the american people falsely blamed carter for the dissaster when it wasnt his fault the copter crashed.They rigged it to do so.

4. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,163
    I already posted another article I found from Thom yesterday where he explains that what you just did is just another GOP tactic. If anyone ever calls one of you right wingers out, for ANYTHING, rather than discuss the FACT that GW Bush dodged the draft, you spin it so now the topic of conversation is the source of the information.

You guys are masters at this. Still no word on whether or not Bush actually did dodge the draft, huh?

5. Andrew2382

Andrew2382 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +537
    no clue but we do have positive confirmation bill clinton did

6. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,428
    I never had a problem with daddy Bush helping get baby bush into the Reserves so he wouldn't have to go to Vietnam. I'm sure I would do the same for my kid. But it isn't draft dodging. They just should have been honest about it.

7. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,163
    But isn't it amazing the mainstream media doesn't tell us about this history? No wonder people think I'm a conspiracy theorist. Until yesterday, I didn't even know all the facts. Dude, Bush/Reagan should have been impeached just as much as GW Bush should have been impeached. And can you believe their party impeached Clinton over a BJ? And the GOP are so good at playing politics, they even got Democrats to sign on. How many Republicans were willing to even consider impeaching Bush? And he definately commited HIGH crimes.

Anyways, I just wanted to point out that whenever the GOP is called out, what they do to avoid the subject is call out the person that blew the whistle.

Look at what they did to Powell & Scott McClellen. The story quickly went from what the two men were saying to, "those to men are traitors/not really conservatives/just trying to sell books."

8. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,163
    No. He didn't even show up to the reserves. There was a time period when Bush was supposed to be showing up for the reserves and he wasn't. Technically he was AWOL. But yes, because of his daddy, he didn't get in any trouble.

But it's more than what you are suggesting. There was a gap of a few months where he just didn't show up.

9. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,163
    Did you read this part of the story I linked?

having strings pulled to get him into the Guard, and then not fulfilling his service requirements. Anytime the issue is raised in the future - regardless of facts or context - partisan Republicans will simply dismiss it by saying, "Those documents were forged." That four-word sound byte will be remembered long after the details of Bush's failures have dimmed from popular memory. Politically, it was a masterstroke.

Yea, I don't have a problem with pulling strings to put him in the national guard either. It's the NOT FULFILLING HIS SERVICE REQUIREMENTS that probably would have bothered the voters had the story not been flipped to be about Dan Rather.

And isn't it interesting that the Bush family hasn't liked Rather ever since he interviewed HW and called HW out for the Iran Contra thing.

And why is the media called liberal when they bust Republicans? What did we call the media when they busted on Clinton/Monica?

How come it wasn't the Conservative media?

The media is supposed to tattle tale on the politicians. ALL OF THEM!!!!

10. Againsheila

Againsheila Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,700
    I used to have a link to it on my old computer, before it died.

Face it, they're both scum.