Occupy L.A. Leaves 30 Tons Of Trash Behind...

All Taxpayers & Citizens have rights. It's not just OWS protesters who have them. And it's time for these protesters to grow up and accept this. You don't get to seize and possess property because that is a violation of other Citizens' rights. Just find another way of protesting without violating the rights of others. It's as simple as that.

All Taxpayers & Citizens have rights. OWS rights are not anymore important or special than another Citizen's rights are. I think that's what these OWS protesters are just refusing to understand. They really do believe their rights are more important and special than others' rights. That's why that Boston Judge made a very wise ruling against OWS recently. She ruled that 'Occupying' is an aggressive act of seizing and possessing property. It's a form of protest that does violate the rights of others. Therefore it is legal & just to remove them. There are other forms of protest that don't violate the rights of others.

*yawn*

The police did not decide to shut occupy la down no matter how many citizens rights the protesters violated.

Seriously,this is has to be an embarassment for the Left. I just don't see how it couldn't be.

The sheer volume of personal belongings left behind after the early morning Los Angeles Police Department raid has astonished city workers: books and CDs, luggage and boom boxes, mattresses and dining chairs, cellphones, electric razors, a small red guitar with its neck snapped –- all surrounded by dozens of collapsed and empty tents.

A steady flow of people stopped by the park Wednesday to take photos and video and watch workers in white hazmat suits rake trash into neat piles.
As workers broke down tents and placed them in trash cans, Ramir Delgado, 25, snapped photos out of curiosity.

"It's a shame how I see all trash around here," he said. He pointed to his head. "People don't understand that the freedom starts here in your mind."

Delgado said he was disappointed in Occupy L.A.

"You know why this is filthy and not clean is there isn't leadership," he said.

A few feet away, crews in the hazmat suits raked trash of discarded protest signs, nail polish and jars of peanut butter.

"This looks like pure anarchy," Delgado said, adding, “in a Hollywood way.”

Donna Spurgeon, who snapped pictures on her phone, said she was surprised by the mural in the center of the south lawn.

“How did that get built” she asked of the structure that city officials built around an historic fountain, a structure protesters turned into an art piece.

“If you’re here to protest, don’t deface public property,” Spurgeon said.

She said the aftermath looked like a “little war zone, a little ghetto.”

Occupy L.A.: 30 tons of debris left behind at City Hall tent city - latimes.com
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

I don't see how this has to be an embarrassment for the Left. Just because the OWS is full of assholes, it doesn't mean what the ideas they are protesting are no longer legitimate.

People are people. If the Tea Party movement had gotten this large, I guarantee you we'd be facing the same issues. Hell, either that, or they'd be firing automatic weapons into the sky.

You don't see how being unable to express your ideas without being a filthy, squalid burden on society is and should be an embarrassment? Really, Sparky?

Picture this: the President is making a speech, say on foreign policy. Right in the middle of it, he casually shits his pants, and goes right on talking. Should he be embarrassed by his shockingly filthy, unsanitary behavior, or should everyone else just blow it off because "his ideas were good"?

All Taxpayers & Citizens have rights. It's not just OWS protesters who have them. And it's time for these protesters to grow up and accept this. You don't get to seize and possess property because that is a violation of other Citizens' rights. Just find another way of protesting without violating the rights of others. It's as simple as that.

Whoah now Sparky. I know you'll just ignore my post regardless of what I say, but where the hell was this sentiment when the major banks were illegally seizing property from our fellow citizens? I don't remember ever seeing you ever complain about that. But you get your panties all twisted when your fellow citizens protest it?

Unbelievable.

So many are forgetting the huge Taxpayer costs OWS has inflicted on these communities who were already struggling. Many just seem to conveniently ignore that. Their messes have cost plenty.

So you are saying they shouldn't be able to protest. Holding all these GOP debates and the GOP concvention are and will cost cities lots of money.

No, he's saying they should have protested without making enormous messes and costing huge amounts of money to the taxpayers. I realize that you heard "No trash = no protest" because you, like the Occupy vermin, can't imagine exhibiting what other people consider minimal decent behavior, but squalor and protests don't actually have to go hand-in-hand.

All Taxpayers & Citizens have rights. OWS rights are not anymore important or special than another Citizen's rights are. I think that's what these OWS protesters are just refusing to understand. They really do believe their rights are more important and special than others' rights. That's why that Boston Judge made a very wise ruling against OWS recently. She ruled that 'Occupying' is an aggressive act of seizing and possessing property. It's a form of protest that does violate the rights of others. Therefore it is legal & just to remove them. There are other forms of protest that don't violate the rights of others.

Yeah, like filing for a permit for a known, specified period of time, and putting down a name and contact info so the city knows where to send the bill if you don't clean up after yourselves.

Seriously,this is has to be an embarassment for the Left. I just don't see how it couldn't be.

The sheer volume of personal belongings left behind after the early morning Los Angeles Police Department raid has astonished city workers: books and CDs, luggage and boom boxes, mattresses and dining chairs, cellphones, electric razors, a small red guitar with its neck snapped –- all surrounded by dozens of collapsed and empty tents.

A steady flow of people stopped by the park Wednesday to take photos and video and watch workers in white hazmat suits rake trash into neat piles.
As workers broke down tents and placed them in trash cans, Ramir Delgado, 25, snapped photos out of curiosity.

"It's a shame how I see all trash around here," he said. He pointed to his head. "People don't understand that the freedom starts here in your mind."

A few feet away, crews in the hazmat suits raked trash of discarded protest signs, nail polish and jars of peanut butter.

Donna Spurgeon, who snapped pictures on her phone, said she was surprised by the mural in the center of the south lawn.

“How did that get built” she asked of the structure that city officials built around an historic fountain, a structure protesters turned into an art piece.

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

I don't see how this has to be an embarrassment for the Left. Just because the OWS is full of assholes, it doesn't mean what the ideas they are protesting are no longer legitimate.

People are people. If the Tea Party movement had gotten this large, I guarantee you we'd be facing the same issues. Hell, either that, or they'd be firing automatic weapons into the sky.

You don't see how being unable to express your ideas without being a filthy, squalid burden on society is and should be an embarrassment? Really, Sparky?

Picture this: the President is making a speech, say on foreign policy. Right in the middle of it, he casually shits his pants, and goes right on talking. Should he be embarrassed by his shockingly filthy, unsanitary behavior, or should everyone else just blow it off because "his ideas were good"?

You are comparing one man to a widespread movement. I mean you do realize that not everyone in the OWS movement has been destructive, right? In fact, the movement was intended to be peaceful when it was first created. Unfortunately, because of INDIVIDUALS, the movement has gotten ugly.

Because it was intended to be a peaceful rally, why should I abandon my viewpoint on their message?

Whoah now Sparky. I know you'll just ignore my post regardless of what I say, but where the hell was this sentiment when the major banks were illegally seizing property from our fellow citizens? I don't remember ever seeing you ever complain about that. But you get your panties all twisted when your fellow citizens protest it?

Unbelievable.

Those citizens never owned the property. It was the bank's property.

If you buy a car and arrange a payment schedule, has the lender illegally repossessed the car when you stop making payments?

Unbelievable.

Those citizens never owned the property. It was the bank's property.

If you buy a car and arrange a payment schedule, has the lender illegally repossessed the car when you stop making payments?

Nope. But of course, that's not what happened, and I think you know that.

You are comparing one man to a widespread movement. I mean you do realize that not everyone in the OWS movement has been destructive, right? In fact, the movement was intended to be peaceful when it was first created. Unfortunately, because of INDIVIDUALS, the movement has gotten ugly.

Because it was intended to be a peaceful rally, why should I abandon my viewpoint on their message?

I am comparing one act of filthy, unsanitary, uncivilized behavior to another. Do you honestly think it makes some sort of qualitative difference if it's one human being behaving like a savage or a whole crowd? Quantitative, sure, but behavior of which one should be ashamed either way.

I don't CARE if "not everyone was destructive". Those who were - and there had to have been a lot of them, to create that much wreckage - should feel ashamed for being so uncivilized and nasty. Those who were not should feel ashamed for having enabled those who were and being associated with them.

Furthermore, I also don't care about "intentions". Leftists blather on about their good intentions like we're supposed to hand out trophies just for WANTING to be a good person, whether you accomplish anything or not. Didn't your mother ever tell you which road is paved with good intentions? The proof of the pudding is in the eating, and the proof of the movement is in the results.

What kind of shitforbrains actually thinks you're going to have a "protest" that involves creating tent cities for months on end in a park and NOT wind up attracting and encouraging people who would be more at home in a third-world tribe that shits in its own drinking water and lets their farm animals bathe in it?

Who said anything about what you should think about their message? I think you should pull your head out of your ass and at least figure out that you don't do your message any good by convincing people it's originating with a bunch of savages. Most people in a civilized society run away from those whose stench makes our eyes water, rather than asking their advice on how to run the country.

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

actually the T party was this large, but they didn't squat in public and private space and get a pass, did they? why is that? why did they pay for permits yet is seems every municipality falls all over itself to make its public and in some cases private domain which should be outside their purview btw, available and in basically sacrosanct?

easy, they took sides.

didn't they?

check a pic of the mall after Becks rally , now take a pic of the same place after an OWS or lefty rally....*shrugs* the differences are plain, easily.

Last edited:
I am comparing one act of filthy, unsanitary, uncivilized behavior to another.

I just want to know how the protesters were supposed to clean up the park when they were all locked in jail.

Please explain that.

they did not ALL go to jail... an what was the excuse everywhere else they meet in mass?

Chickenshit excuse.

Last edited:

DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

actually the T party was this large, but they didn't squat in public and private space and get a pass, did they? why is that? why did they pay for permits yet is seems every municipality falls all over itself to make its public and in some cases private domain which should be outside their purview btw, available and in basically sacrosanct?

easy, they took sides.

didn't they?

check a pic of the mall after Becks rally , now take a pic of the same place after an OWS or lefty rally....*shrugs* the differences are plain, easily.

Um, no the Tea Party movement wasn't nearly this big. Not even close. At it's peak, the OWS had 1600 protests world-wide.

You do realize that most of the people who made up TP movement were senior citizens, right?

Forum List

Back