Occupy L.A. Leaves 30 Tons Of Trash Behind...

I don't see how this has to be an embarrassment for the Left. Just because the OWS is full of assholes, it doesn't mean what the ideas they are protesting are no longer legitimate.

People are people. If the Tea Party movement had gotten this large, I guarantee you we'd be facing the same issues. Hell, either that, or they'd be firing automatic weapons into the sky.

actually the T party was this large, but they didn't squat in public and private space and get a pass, did they? why is that? why did they pay for permits yet is seems every municipality falls all over itself to make its public and in some cases private domain which should be outside their purview btw, available and in basically sacrosanct?

easy, they took sides.

didn't they?

check a pic of the mall after Becks rally , now take a pic of the same place after an OWS or lefty rally....*shrugs* the differences are plain, easily.

Um, no the Tea Party movement wasn't nearly this big. Not even close. At it's peak, the OWS had 1600 protests world-wide.

You do realize that most of the people who made up TP movement were senior citizens, right?

Well, the Tea Party didn't build shanty towns for months on end, thereby encouraging riffraff to accrete like barnacles on a ship's ass.

No, most of them weren't senior citizens, although a lot were, and so what? We're supposed to be galvanized by the mindless chanting of twenty-something losers who have enough time on their hands to camp in a park, but not give a shit what old people have to say?

Last edited:
I just want to know how the protesters were supposed to clean up the park when they were all locked in jail.

Please explain that.

they are all locked up in jail?

links please.

Here you go.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=745MIauRCg4&feature=related]L.A. finally evicts the Occupy Camp there - YouTube[/ame]

your you tube means, well not very much.

LOS ANGELES -- More than 1,400 police officers, some in riot gear, cleared the Occupy Los Angeles camp early Wednesday, driving protesters from a park around City Hall and arresting more than 200 who defied orders to leave. Similar raids in Philadelphia led to 50 arrests, but the scene in both cities was relatively peaceful.

they were warned the day before as well.

annnnd

Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck praised the officers and the protesters for their restraint and the peaceful way the eviction was carried out.

so what makes up 30 tons of trash?

well, how about trash they threw away and let pile up so the smell was evident blocks away...

Last edited:
I went there to see what was going on.

You have absolutely NO idea what really happened nor will you ever unless you had gone there.

When you aggressively seize and possess property,you have violated the rights of others. Everyone has rights. OWS rights are not any more special than anyone else's rights. Citizens can continue to 'Occupy' but they will be removed. I think many other Judges are going to join the Boston Judge in ruling this way.

Taxpayers in these communities will be paying for OWS for a very long time. And these communities were already skating on thin ice. Now thanks to OWS,they've fallen through the ice.
Are you forgetting the corporate looting in 2008 which has cost US taxpayers $trillions?

"What’s the issue that unites the occupiers and the city they’re occupying?

"Getting corporate money out of politics.

"On December 3, just two days before Occupy L.A. was evicted by police, the General Assembly of the occupation passed a unanimous resolution calling for a constitutional amendment to end corporate personhood.

"Today, the City Council of Los Angeles also voted, also unanimously, for a resolution making the same appeal."

Occupy LA and the LA City Council haven't.

LA and Occupy LA Agree: It's Time to End Corporate Personhood | Truthout
Funny how they don't seem to mind union donations to candidates.

I guess that's different. Somehow. It just is.

I don't see how this has to be an embarrassment for the Left. Just because the OWS is full of assholes, it doesn't mean what the ideas they are protesting are no longer legitimate.

People are people. If the Tea Party movement had gotten this large, I guarantee you we'd be facing the same issues. Hell, either that, or they'd be firing automatic weapons into the sky.

You don't see how being unable to express your ideas without being a filthy, squalid burden on society is and should be an embarrassment? Really, Sparky?

Picture this: the President is making a speech, say on foreign policy. Right in the middle of it, he casually shits his pants, and goes right on talking. Should he be embarrassed by his shockingly filthy, unsanitary behavior, or should everyone else just blow it off because "his ideas were good"?

You are comparing one man to a widespread movement. I mean you do realize that not everyone in the OWS movement has been destructive, right? In fact, the movement was intended to be peaceful when it was first created. Unfortunately, because of INDIVIDUALS, the movement has gotten ugly.

Because it was intended to be a peaceful rally, why should I abandon my viewpoint on their message?

Intentions are worthless. Results are what count.

Some people can't accept that.

Um, no the Tea Party movement wasn't nearly this big. Not even close. At it's peak, the OWS had 1600 protests world-wide.

You do realize that most of the people who made up TP movement were senior citizens, right?

You've been fed a carefully crafted vision of the TEA Party. You unquestioningly accepted it.

The reality:

uesnctifn0gwizq_z7zmzq.gif

And making excuses for a bunch of filthy pigs living in their own piles of shit is pathetic.

Your views on your fellow American people fucking disgusts me.

Hypocrite.

"...our excessively violent and patented hatred of left wingers police force..."

Doesn't mean I don't think they are Americans, or am proud that they are. It just sickens me that they react that way because of their dislike for that particular group. I also don't classify them as "unamerican pigs rolling in their own shit."

The NYC sanitation department had to clean up 36.5 tons of trash,

after the 2008 Giants Superbowl ticker tape parade.

And that was one of the small ones.

They Don't Throw Paper Like They Used To - NYTimes.com

How much of that was biohazardous?

I guess the irony of cleaning up hundreds of tons 'ticker tape' (or the modern equivalent) went right over your head.
There was no irony to go over my head.

Now answer my question. How much of that tickertape was biohazardous?

Your views on your fellow American people fucking disgusts me.

Hypocrite.

"...our excessively violent and patented hatred of left wingers police force..."

Doesn't mean I don't think they are Americans, or am proud that they are. It just sickens me that they react that way because of their dislike for that particular group. I also don't classify them as "unamerican pigs rolling in their own shit."
Wow. Just...wow.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
The NYC sanitation department had to clean up 36.5 tons of trash,

after the 2008 Giants Superbowl ticker tape parade.

And that was one of the small ones.

They Don't Throw Paper Like They Used To - NYTimes.com

How much of that was biohazardous?

Should we check with the EPA before conservatives abolish it?

That's fine, the EPA just saves lives in return for killing jobs. But the jobs are more important than lives and the environment.

Forum List

Back