Occupy L.A. Leaves 30 Tons Of Trash Behind...

The act of spending money is a form of speech.

Like leaving a district whose policies you oppose is voting with your feet.

When you buy an Iphone instead of an Android you are using money to express your opinion.

Gee...think it might be time to separate the state from private wealth?

How many rich loads do you have to swallow before becoming as brain-fucked as you apparently are?

By all means, let's separate the government from private wealth . . . by getting its - and by extension, you liberals' - filthy paws out of everyone's pockets to fund your utopian bullshit.

Let me know when you start advocating THAT.
Do you believe money is speech?

I think it's irrelevant, Sparkles. There are a gazillion different ways to gain influence with a politician if you really want it and you have the resources to get it, no matter how many fucking campaign finance laws you pass. All that accomplishes is to close the people WITHOUT those resources out of the loop, and leave the campaign information field clear for the leftist media to dominate (since NY Times editorials aren't considered campaign donations no matter HOW many times they suck liberal cock in print).

You wanna lessen corruption and influence peddling in politics? Make politicians less valuable and desirable a purchase by limiting the amount of taxpayer money they have to throw around to their buddies.

If you "think" the NYT editorials are left wing, adjust the dosage on your nuerosyphilis medication. You really want to lessen public corruption, convince government to tax the richest 1% at the same level they paid forty years ago instead of borrowing from them.

The act of spending money is a form of speech.

Like leaving a district whose policies you oppose is voting with your feet.

When you buy an Iphone instead of an Android you are using money to express your opinion.
"Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, 558 U.S. 08-205 (2010), 558 U.S. ––––, 130 S.Ct. 876 (2010), was a landmark decision by the United States Supreme Court holding that the First Amendment prohibits government from censoring political broadcasts in candidate elections when those broadcasts are funded by corporations or unions."

Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The iPhone and Android both come from corporations which currently enjoy the same rights as natural citizens but fewer responsibilities. It seems like a choice between hemlock or arsenic as far as popular sovereignty is concerned.

If this wasn't the general attitude of the conservative members of this forum, I would have never brought it up.
You mean if it wasn't your interpretation of the general attitude of the conservative members of this forum, driven in large part by your bigotry against conservatives.

Bigotry? That's all this board is filled with, if you can't see that I feel truly sorry for you.
I wasn't talking about bigotry in general. I was talking about yours, specifically.

True. We're not dealing with the best and brightest here.

Or even the most ambitious and motivated. (Yes, leftists, that DOES mean I'm calling you lazy.)
Haven't you heard? They deserve everything. Earning stuff is for the proles.
How many leftist proles work at Citigroup, Goldman Sachs and the Fed?

"Among all the rescue programs set up by the Fed, $7.77 trillion in commitments were outstanding as of March 2009, Bloomberg said. The nation’s six largest banks — JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America, Citigroup, Wells Fargo, Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley — borrowed almost half a trillion dollars from the Fed at peak periods, Bloomberg calculated, using the central bank’s data.

Apparently there might be a few at Bloomberg.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/04/business/secrets-of-the-bailout-now-revealed.html?_r=2&=&utm_campaign=5994b9b6ea-DD_12_5_1112_5_2011&utm_medium=email&adxnnl=1&utm_source=Daily%20Digest&pagewanted=all&adxnnlx=1323136908-QZj0uOXacHrk5AAb/G6zjA

Or even the most ambitious and motivated. (Yes, leftists, that DOES mean I'm calling you lazy.)

"Among all the rescue programs set up by the Fed, $7.77 trillion in commitments were outstanding as of March 2009, Bloomberg said. The nation’s six largest banks — JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America, Citigroup, Wells Fargo, Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley — borrowed almost half a trillion dollars from the Fed at peak periods, Bloomberg calculated, using the central bank’s data.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/04/business/secrets-of-the-bailout-now-revealed.html?_r=2&=&utm_campaign=5994b9b6ea-DD_12_5_1112_5_2011&utm_medium=email&adxnnl=1&utm_source=Daily%20Digest&pagewanted=all&adxnnlx=1323136908-QZj0uOXacHrk5AAb/G6zjA
George, you're talking to a guy who thinks "too big to fail" is horsecrap.

George, you're talking to a guy who thinks "too big to fail" is horsecrap.
I know that, d-man.
I don't think Wall Street cares.
If their European bets go bad, they will come back for more, and I don't see a majority of elected Republicans OR Democrats saying "No."

Some of these large banks' investors seem to be feeling the same way:

"If investors doubt that a company is coming clean about its financial standing — the current worry is how exposed our banks are to European debt woes — its stock price will suffer. This is very likely one of the reasons that big bank stocks trade at such low price-to-earnings multiples today."

Forum List

Back