Occupy L.A. Leaves 30 Tons Of Trash Behind...

Funny how they don't seem to mind union donations to candidates.

I guess that's different. Somehow. It just is.
I would think getting corporate money out of politics would have to include labor unions although I'm not sure the Democrats on the LA City Council would go along.

"While labor unions have no outside shareholders, they do have well-defined stakeholders in the form of union membership, just like any other corporation. Also just like any other corporations, those stakeholders seek to maximize their own benefit..."

Unions Are Corporations, Too - Amateur Asset Allocator
Democrats will oppose any effort to get union money out of politics.
"At the current rate of job growth (averaging 90,000 new jobs per month over the last six months), 14 million Americans will remain permanently unemployed. The consensus estimate is that at least 90,000 new jobs are needed just to keep up with the growth of the labor force.

"Even if we get back to a normal rate of 200,000 new jobs per month, unemployment will stay high for at least ten years. Years of high unemployment will likely result in a vicious cycle, as relatively lower spending by the middle-class further slows job growth."

If this current level of unemployment is structural as opposed to cyclical, it doesn't seem likely to me that either Republicans OR Democrats will turn on the 1% of the population that funds their election campaigns.

Everything Marx predicted about the end of capitalism is coming to pass.
Even if he was wrong about the solution to capitalism, that doesn't mean he wasn't right about its inevitable failure.

Looking Beyond Election Day | Truthout

You presented the right inflammatory statements that brought out the pathos in mass! The resulting exchanges between defenders/accusers was better than any heavyweight championship bout in history! No Marquess of Queensberry rules here! Plenty of thumb gouging, below the belt punches, elbowing, rabbit punches, kidney hooks & hitting on the breaks brought this post TO LIFE!!!
You got the "magic"! I suggest your own A.M. radio program to replace the ancient & ailing Limbaugh. You'd have the troops at each others throats within 3 minutes of the opening of your programs... a SPLENDID time for all!

Seriously,this is has to be an embarassment for the Left. I just don't see how it couldn't be.

The sheer volume of personal belongings left behind after the early morning Los Angeles Police Department raid has astonished city workers: books and CDs, luggage and boom boxes, mattresses and dining chairs, cellphones, electric razors, a small red guitar with its neck snapped –- all surrounded by dozens of collapsed and empty tents.

A steady flow of people stopped by the park Wednesday to take photos and video and watch workers in white hazmat suits rake trash into neat piles.
As workers broke down tents and placed them in trash cans, Ramir Delgado, 25, snapped photos out of curiosity.

"It's a shame how I see all trash around here," he said. He pointed to his head. "People don't understand that the freedom starts here in your mind."

Delgado said he was disappointed in Occupy L.A.

"You know why this is filthy and not clean is there isn't leadership," he said.

A few feet away, crews in the hazmat suits raked trash of discarded protest signs, nail polish and jars of peanut butter.

"This looks like pure anarchy," Delgado said, adding, “in a Hollywood way.”

Donna Spurgeon, who snapped pictures on her phone, said she was surprised by the mural in the center of the south lawn.

“How did that get built” she asked of the structure that city officials built around an historic fountain, a structure protesters turned into an art piece.

“If you’re here to protest, don’t deface public property,” Spurgeon said.

She said the aftermath looked like a “little war zone, a little ghetto.”

Occupy L.A.: 30 tons of debris left behind at City Hall tent city - latimes.com
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

You presented the right inflammatory statements that brought out the pathos in mass! The resulting exchanges between defenders/accusers was better than any heavyweight championship bout in history! No Marquess of Queensberry rules here! Plenty of thumb gouging, below the belt punches, elbowing, rabbit punches, kidney hooks & hitting on the breaks brought this post TO LIFE!!!
You got the "magic"! I suggest your own A.M. radio program to replace the ancient & ailing Limbaugh. You'd have the troops at each others throats within 3 minutes of the opening of your programs... a SPLENDID time for all!

Seriously,this is has to be an embarassment for the Left. I just don't see how it couldn't be.

The sheer volume of personal belongings left behind after the early morning Los Angeles Police Department raid has astonished city workers: books and CDs, luggage and boom boxes, mattresses and dining chairs, cellphones, electric razors, a small red guitar with its neck snapped –- all surrounded by dozens of collapsed and empty tents.

A steady flow of people stopped by the park Wednesday to take photos and video and watch workers in white hazmat suits rake trash into neat piles.
As workers broke down tents and placed them in trash cans, Ramir Delgado, 25, snapped photos out of curiosity.

"It's a shame how I see all trash around here," he said. He pointed to his head. "People don't understand that the freedom starts here in your mind."

Delgado said he was disappointed in Occupy L.A.

"You know why this is filthy and not clean is there isn't leadership," he said.

A few feet away, crews in the hazmat suits raked trash of discarded protest signs, nail polish and jars of peanut butter.

"This looks like pure anarchy," Delgado said, adding, “in a Hollywood way.”

Donna Spurgeon, who snapped pictures on her phone, said she was surprised by the mural in the center of the south lawn.

“How did that get built” she asked of the structure that city officials built around an historic fountain, a structure protesters turned into an art piece.

“If you’re here to protest, don’t deface public property,” Spurgeon said.

She said the aftermath looked like a “little war zone, a little ghetto.”

Occupy L.A.: 30 tons of debris left behind at City Hall tent city - latimes.com
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

lol! Thanks BOBO. :)

Last edited:
All Citizens' rights must be respected and protected. To 'Occupy' is to violate other Citizens' rights. Therefore these occupations can be ended legally.

"12-11-2011 04:04 PM Pale Rider Really STUPID to neg someone with so much more rep power than you, moron, and you're a disgrace to the Air Force you liberal trash."

This shows more about the republican party than anything I could say.

One guy? Really? :lol:

If this wasn't the general attitude of the conservative members of this forum, I would have never brought it up.

"12-11-2011 04:04 PM Pale Rider Really STUPID to neg someone with so much more rep power than you, moron, and you're a disgrace to the Air Force you liberal trash."

If this wasn't the general attitude of the conservative members of this forum, I would have never brought it up.
Whining about a neg?

What the fuck is up with all these whiney posters about negs, lately?

Cry to your mommies, no one wants to see such faggotry.

You are comparing one man to a widespread movement. I mean you do realize that not everyone in the OWS movement has been destructive, right? In fact, the movement was intended to be peaceful when it was first created. Unfortunately, because of INDIVIDUALS, the movement has gotten ugly.

Because it was intended to be a peaceful rally, why should I abandon my viewpoint on their message?

I am comparing one act of filthy, unsanitary, uncivilized behavior to another. Do you honestly think it makes some sort of qualitative difference if it's one human being behaving like a savage or a whole crowd? Quantitative, sure, but behavior of which one should be ashamed either way.

I don't CARE if "not everyone was destructive". Those who were - and there had to have been a lot of them, to create that much wreckage - should feel ashamed for being so uncivilized and nasty. Those who were not should feel ashamed for having enabled those who were and being associated with them.

Furthermore, I also don't care about "intentions". Leftists blather on about their good intentions like we're supposed to hand out trophies just for WANTING to be a good person, whether you accomplish anything or not. Didn't your mother ever tell you which road is paved with good intentions? The proof of the pudding is in the eating, and the proof of the movement is in the results.

What kind of shitforbrains actually thinks you're going to have a "protest" that involves creating tent cities for months on end in a park and NOT wind up attracting and encouraging people who would be more at home in a third-world tribe that shits in its own drinking water and lets their farm animals bathe in it?

Who said anything about what you should think about their message? I think you should pull your head out of your ass and at least figure out that you don't do your message any good by convincing people it's originating with a bunch of savages. Most people in a civilized society run away from those whose stench makes our eyes water, rather than asking their advice on how to run the country.

Who the hell is asking for trophies? Your mental shortcut take on this issue is just laughable.

You really don't get it, do you? That is just how people are. The bigger the movement gets, the more assholes it is going to attract. At its peak, the OWS had 1600 protests WORLDWIDE. What you also don't understand is that the OWS movement does not have any leadership. Therefore, there is no one to keep the order besides the local police.

Seems like you and the other leftists are looking for some sort of award, given how much time you spend babbling about your intentions, as though they somehow mitigate the disasters you cause when things work out according to the laws of reality instead of according to your fluffy cotton-candy utopian fantasies.

YOU really don't get it. That's NOT how people are. The only people who think the lowest common denominator defines all people are those who make up the lowest common denominator. Do you honestly think that if everyone out there was a near-animal, wallowing in his or her own filth and calling it "progress", that human civilization would have ever made it out of the Stone Age? Do you really think those lazy, pustulent wretches claiming moral superiority while behaving in ways that even REAL animals don't are some sort of shining vanguard of human advancement? Grow the fuck up. It's not the size of the movement that attracts the human debris. It's the quality of the movement that does that . . . or lack thereof.

Civilized, decent human beings don't need "leadership" to tell them not to shit and fuck in public. They don't need organization to figure out to take a shower on a regular basis. Hell, my dog manages better basic sanitation than those Occupy pusbags, and he does it on pure instinct. Civilized, decent human beings figure out not to shout at little children going to school all on their own. And finally, civilized, decent human beings don't need the police to make them obey the law. The cops are there only to keep the refuse of society in line . . . which makes it very telling when you consider who they had to keep in line in this sorry story.

You don't see how being unable to express your ideas without being a filthy, squalid burden on society is and should be an embarrassment? Really, Sparky?

Picture this: the President is making a speech, say on foreign policy. Right in the middle of it, he casually shits his pants, and goes right on talking. Should he be embarrassed by his shockingly filthy, unsanitary behavior, or should everyone else just blow it off because "his ideas were good"?

You are comparing one man to a widespread movement. I mean you do realize that not everyone in the OWS movement has been destructive, right? In fact, the movement was intended to be peaceful when it was first created. Unfortunately, because of INDIVIDUALS, the movement has gotten ugly.

Because it was intended to be a peaceful rally, why should I abandon my viewpoint on their message?

Intentions are worthless. Results are what count.

Some people can't accept that.

Intentions are a lot easier to produce than results.

That's fine, the EPA just saves lives in return for killing jobs. But the jobs are more important than lives and the environment.

When conservatives pollute, it's not a protest, it's a business.

That's right. Conservative business owners want to kill all their customers to maximize profits.

You will now fail to see how silly your statement is.

Conservatives like dirty air and water, because - as we all know - conservatives don't breathe, nor do they need to consume water to survive. :cuckoo:

I would think getting corporate money out of politics would have to include labor unions although I'm not sure the Democrats on the LA City Council would go along.

"While labor unions have no outside shareholders, they do have well-defined stakeholders in the form of union membership, just like any other corporation. Also just like any other corporations, those stakeholders seek to maximize their own benefit..."

Unions Are Corporations, Too - Amateur Asset Allocator
"At the current rate of job growth (averaging 90,000 new jobs per month over the last six months), 14 million Americans will remain permanently unemployed. The consensus estimate is that at least 90,000 new jobs are needed just to keep up with the growth of the labor force.

"Even if we get back to a normal rate of 200,000 new jobs per month, unemployment will stay high for at least ten years. Years of high unemployment will likely result in a vicious cycle, as relatively lower spending by the middle-class further slows job growth."

If this current level of unemployment is structural as opposed to cyclical, it doesn't seem likely to me that either Republicans OR Democrats will turn on the 1% of the population that funds their election campaigns.

Even if he was wrong about the solution to capitalism, that doesn't mean he wasn't right about its inevitable failure.

Capitalism isn't failing due to any inherent weakness. If it's failing, it's because government is hamstringing it.

You mean if it wasn't your interpretation of the general attitude of the conservative members of this forum, driven in large part by your bigotry against conservatives.

Intentions are worthless. Results are what count.

Some people can't accept that.

Intentions are a lot easier to produce than results.
True. We're not dealing with the best and brightest here.

When conservatives pollute, it's not a protest, it's a business.

That's right. Conservative business owners want to kill all their customers to maximize profits.

You will now fail to see how silly your statement is.

Conservatives like dirty air and water, because - as we all know - conservatives don't breathe, nor do they need to consume water to survive. :cuckoo:

Sad, isn't it, that some people really feel that way? Notice I didn't say "think".

You mean if it wasn't your interpretation of the general attitude of the conservative members of this forum, driven in large part by your bigotry against conservatives.

Bigotry? That's all this board is filled with, if you can't see that I feel truly sorry for you.

Capitalism isn't failing due to any inherent weakness. If it's failing, it's because government is hamstringing it.
Was Hank Paulson functioning as a capitalist or government bureaucrat on September 17, 2008?

"Mr. Paulson did not say when he received a (ethics) waiver, but copies of two waivers he received — from the White House counsel’s office and the Treasury Department — show they were issued on the afternoon of Sept. 17, 2008.

"That date was in the middle of the most perilous week of the financial crisis and a day after the government agreed to lend $85 billion to the American International Group, which used the money to pay off Goldman and other big banks that were financially threatened by A.I.G.’s potential collapse."

The 1% own Republicans like Paulson and Democrats like Rubin.
Capitalism is failing just as Marx predicted because corruption is its life's blood.

During Crisis, Paulson’s Calls to Goldman Posed Ethics Test - NYTimes.com

Was Hank Paulson functioning as a capitalist or government bureaucrat on September 17, 2008?

"Mr. Paulson did not say when he received a (ethics) waiver, but copies of two waivers he received — from the White House counsel’s office and the Treasury Department — show they were issued on the afternoon of Sept. 17, 2008.

"That date was in the middle of the most perilous week of the financial crisis and a day after the government agreed to lend $85 billion to the American International Group, which used the money to pay off Goldman and other big banks that were financially threatened by A.I.G.’s potential collapse."

The 1% own Republicans like Paulson and Democrats like Rubin.
Capitalism is failing just as Marx predicted because corruption is its life's blood.

During Crisis, Paulson’s Calls to Goldman Posed Ethics Test - NYTimes.com

Insofar as you're talking about something he did using GOVERNMENT functions, it's pretty obvious to anyone with more than a teaspoon of brains - which explains why YOU have to ask - that this has nothing to do with capitalism. It's GOVERNMENT which has corruption as an endemic problem.

Gee...think it might be time to separate the state from private wealth?

How many rich loads do you have to swallow before becoming as brain-fucked as you apparently are?

By all means, let's separate the government from private wealth . . . by getting its - and by extension, you liberals' - filthy paws out of everyone's pockets to fund your utopian bullshit.

Let me know when you start advocating THAT.

Gee...think it might be time to separate the state from private wealth?

How many rich loads do you have to swallow before becoming as brain-fucked as you apparently are?

By all means, let's separate the government from private wealth . . . by getting its - and by extension, you liberals' - filthy paws out of everyone's pockets to fund your utopian bullshit.

Let me know when you start advocating THAT.
Do you believe money is speech?

Forum List

Back