Obama's plan for gun control...

Both are infringements of my rights to keep and bear arms.
Correct. He apparently does not inderstand that "infringe" is much borader than simply "take away".
Infringe - An encroachment
infringement - definition of infringement by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
apparently your reading comprehension is sorely lacking.
infringement and taking away are not the same.
Very good, Skippy! Well done!

Now then - you will recall that you asked:
How is having a license or registering a gun taking away your right to own a gun?
You will then recall that I said:
The key term is not "take away", but "infringe".
Licensing and registratiin are preconditions placed on the exercise of the right not inherent to same. They are, by definition, infringements of the right.
The right shall not be infringed.
Good to see that you now understand that the 2nd amendment protects the right to arms from not only efforts to take the right away in toto, but also from efforts to infringe upon it.

Perhaps there is hope for you yet!

The NRA needs the threat of gun confiscation to keep the money rolling in.

"Only the NRA is keeping those nasty liberals from taking your guns......send your contribution TODAY. America depends on it"

Its already been demonstrated that The Obama is a threat to the right to arms, your objections not withstanding.
And those claiming this also said the same about Clinton, Carter, Johnson, Kennedy....

tiresome

Clinton did make it illegal to own certain firearms which was a violation of the second amendment.
Kennedy was pro gun for a liberal.

John F. Kennedy: “By calling attention to ‘a well regulated militia,’ ‘the security of the nation,’ and the right of each citizen ‘to keep and bear arms,’ our founding fathers recognized the essentially civilian nature of our economy… The Second Amendment still remains an important declaration of our basic civilian-military relationships in which every citizen must be ready to participate in the defense of his country. For that reason I believe the Second Amendment will always be important.” John F. Kennedy, Junior Senator of MA in a 1959 letter to E.B. Mann

John F. Kennedy: “Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

The Sight's Gun Quotes Page
And I'll be able to hold off an Abrams tank with my 12 gauge shot gun.

Thinking you have a "well regulated militia" comprised of guys carrying side arms is ridiculous while the pilotless drone patrols overhead.

Obama is likely to sign some kind of International Agreement regarding control of firearms by the public. He'll need to do this to justify whatever initial control is necessary to implement the disarming of the public so that when his personal police force is created, he can announce the beginning of the Obama dynasty. Far fetched, you say?

Global gun control law pushed by Clinton - National Law Enforcement | Examiner.com

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is pushing for the United States to become a party to a global gun control law proposed by the United Nations. And President Barack Obama appears to be sympathetic to such an international power-grab and he's already displayed a propensity for bypassing the legislative process.
In fact, many believe the recent "Operation Fast and Furious" scandal had more to do with gaining support for gun control and gun ownership bans than it had to do with crimefighting and drug cartels.
"The laws are designed and intended to lead to the complete ban and confiscation of all firearms," according to Sharon.

"The Obama administration is attempting to use tactics and methods of gun control that will inflict major damage to our 2nd Amendment before US citizens even understand what has happened," she added.

Critics believe Obama will appear before the public and tell them that he does not intend to pursue any legislation in the United States that will lead to new gun control laws, while cloaked in secrecy, his Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, is committing the US to international treaties and foreign gun control laws.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Global gun control law pushed by Clinton - National Law Enforcement | Examiner.com Global gun control law pushed by Clinton - National Law Enforcement | Examiner.com

Obama and Clinton don't have a CLUE what will happen if they try to take firearms away from law-abiding citizens. They really should stop and THINK about the ramifications.

The United States has the largest standing army in the entire world. The People's Army, endorsed by the U.S. Constitution.

The politicians will someday find out, the hard way, that bringing LEGISLATION to a gunfight will end very badly for them.

And those claiming this also said the same about Clinton, Carter, Johnson, Kennedy....

tiresome

Clinton did make it illegal to own certain firearms which was a violation of the second amendment.

John F. Kennedy: “By calling attention to ‘a well regulated militia,’ ‘the security of the nation,’ and the right of each citizen ‘to keep and bear arms,’ our founding fathers recognized the essentially civilian nature of our economy… The Second Amendment still remains an important declaration of our basic civilian-military relationships in which every citizen must be ready to participate in the defense of his country. For that reason I believe the Second Amendment will always be important.” John F. Kennedy, Junior Senator of MA in a 1959 letter to E.B. Mann

John F. Kennedy: “Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

Thinking you have a "well regulated militia" comprised of guys carrying side arms is ridiculous while the pilotless drone patrols overhead.
Another deliberate, epic failure to address the point of post you responded to.
Really - why do you bother posting at all?

Look. I own a gun. But I would prefer not to. I have a gun for home defense and if the government wants to take it away, they're welcome to it. I certainly could not resist an armed cadre by myself, and neither can you.

Look. I own a gun. But I would prefer not to. I have a gun for home defense and if the government wants to take it away, they're welcome to it. I certainly could not resist an armed cadre by myself, and neither can you.
I see you have failed to address the issue put to you, yet again.

This was the comment that was made

Fast and the furious is an example of obama wanting to take guns away. So sit down and shut the fuck up.
Unquestionably, if He could, The Obama would ban half of my guns and require me to license/register the rest.
This fact illustrates that The Obama is a clear threat to the 2nd Amendment rights of the American people.
so you dont think guns should require a license or registration?

No.

Both are infringements of my rights to keep and bear arms.

Correct. He apparently does not inderstand that "infringe" is much borader than simply "take away".
Infringe - An encroachment
infringement - definition of infringement by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

apparently your reading comprehension is sorely lacking.

infringement and taking away are not the same.
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

tiresome

Amazingly if you can carry a tank by all means go for it.

Would you care to see some supreme court rulings on the issue? And not that sham of a ruling from the recent supreme court.

Certain weapons do not belong in the hands of the American people. That's the cold hard truth.

Militias should be well regulated, just like it says in the Second Amendment.

And if steps toward those ends are chaffing you, that's too bad. There are truths to be addressed and lives to be saved.

"Only the NRA is keeping those nasty liberals from taking your guns......send your contribution TODAY. America depends on it"

obama needed to make it look like American sold guns were being sent to mexico so he could get support for more gun control. But he got busted.

He will never circumvent our 2nd Amendment right.

He has been able to bypass Congress and constitutional procedure before. He may get away with signing some sort of international agreement and claim that it trumps the Constitution. He'll have a helluva time getting my guns.

....I don't know what he can do to limit ammunition, but most guns won't work without some. The Marxist approach would be to nationalize the manufacture of ammunition in the US and restrict the importation of foreign made ammo.

I guarantee you this: Obama's goal is to control you and your family.

Really? To what end? Is he personally making any money in this endeavor? Even if he wins in November he only has four more years. He has obviously wasted the first four because he does not control Americans now... So... his whole life has been leading up to controling Americans and their families from 2013-2017?

Dude... You really need to get some proffesional mental health assistance.

Certain weapons do not belong in the hands of the American people. That's the cold hard truth.

Militias should be well regulated, just like it says in the Second Amendment.

And if steps toward those ends are chaffing you, that's too bad. There are truths to be addressed and lives to be saved.
I see you have AGAIN failed to address the issue put to you.
:dunno:

A couple things that tell me you are full of shit.
You own a gun but you prefer not too. No one has forced you to buy a gun.
And you would gladly give your gun up if the government would come and get it? That defeats your purpose for having a gun in the first place. Do you somehow think it makes you safer from your original intent for having a gun, just because the government took it?

You are a liar if you say you have a gun.

And you would gladly give your gun up if the government would come and get it? That defeats your purpose for having a gun in the first place. Do you somehow think it makes you safer from your original intent for having a gun, just because the government took it?

:trolls:

:trolls:
I can't help it when I see someone writing bullshit I will call them on it.

obama needed to make it look like American sold guns were being sent to mexico so he could get support for more gun control. But he got busted.

American made guns are going to Mexico that is a fact

The same as American drug users are funding the Mexican drug cartels

You don't have a clue what would happen if the Gov. went out and tried to go door to door confiscating personal firearms. If they went to everyones door at the same instant they might have a chance..many of these military/poilice/boogymen would die that day..probably most of them. But they couldn't possibly do it in one day and the day they started and who was doing the confiscating was named...there would be packs of Americans going out in the streets and the best cover and highest ground and start taking these "confiscators" out in the biggest blood bath in the history of the human race.

You can stay at home and keep changing your panties from pissing all over yourself.

American made guns are going to Mexico that is a fact

The same as American drug users are funding the Mexican drug cartels

Yes American sold guns made their way to Mexico by the help of obama's department of justice.

Forum List

Back