Obama's new strategy, blame China

Are you disputing the Department of Energy's numbers, or the conclusion that unfair competition from China caused the failure of Solyndra? If the latter, no federal agency seems to be asserting that (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/18/us/asking-why-employees-of-solar-firm-lost-jobs.html), and certainly Obama is not.

There is a congressional investigation going on right now. The Bush administration was pressured by Solyndra to loan them this money--so lots of information about this company had been gathered previously before Obama signed off on it. These people had direct access to Obama's oval office door--and we have e-mails going to Joe Biden's desk--(prior to the loan being made) from an analyst stating the Solyndra would be bankrupt by Sept. 2011. The cost to the taxpayers of this country--in jobs created? 5.3 MILLION dollars per job up in smoke.

Solyndra Pestered Bush Administration Over Delays In Approving Federal Loan, Emails Show | Fox News

It sounds like we're largely in agreement. There may have been wrongdoing in the administration-- there are investigations pending. However, I still haven't seen any evidence for the original poster's suggestion that the White House is blaming China for Solyndra's failure.

Are you disputing the Department of Energy's numbers, or the conclusion that unfair competition from China caused the failure of Solyndra? If the latter, no federal agency seems to be asserting that (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/18/us/asking-why-employees-of-solar-firm-lost-jobs.html), and certainly Obama is not.

There is a congressional investigation going on right now. The Bush administration was pressured by Solyndra to loan them this money--so lots of information about this company had been gathered previously before Obama signed off on it. These people had direct access to Obama's oval office door--and we have e-mails going to Joe Biden's desk--(prior to the loan being made) from an analyst stating the Solyndra would be bankrupt by Sept. 2011. The cost to the taxpayers of this country--in jobs created? 5.3 MILLION dollars per job up in smoke.

Solyndra Pestered Bush Administration Over Delays In Approving Federal Loan, Emails Show | Fox News

It sounds like we're largely in agreement. There may have been wrongdoing in the administration-- there are investigations pending. However, I still haven't seen any evidence for the original poster's suggestion that the White House is blaming China for Solyndra's failure.

9 billion dollars disappeared in a single day in Iraq. Was there any "investigation". I'm not saying an investigation is wrong, but why didn't Republicans investigate Bush? Oops.

9 billion dollars disappeared in a single day in Iraq. Was there any "investigation". I'm not saying an investigation is wrong, but why didn't Republicans investigate Bush? Oops.

There was an investigation.

There was an investigation.

Oops :)

Forum List

Back