Obama's Health Care Strategy

Basically this....

1) Quietly expand the percentage of Americans that are in government run health care and then,

2) when the costs inevitably explode, have unaccountable bureaucrats in Washington ration care.

Morning Bell: President Obama’s Health Care Strategy » The Foundry

The way the government runs healthcare now is a mess. There are so many different programs, Medicare, Medicaid, and state programs, that even the government side of the equation is driving up costs.

They need to take heads of the insurance industry, the healthcare industry, and the government, lock them all in a room, and don't let them come out until they figure a viable system that will offer everyone top quality care while reducing the cost somewhat. To make that possible, it is going to involve the government in some form. That doesn't necessarily mean it needs to be goverenment run. The sooner they get this figured out, the sooner it becomes less of a burden on business.

well, I ask again,, if Canada and the UK cannot manage it with dignity what makes us think our government can??

Basically this....

1) Quietly expand the percentage of Americans that are in government run health care and then,

2) when the costs inevitably explode, have unaccountable bureaucrats in Washington ration care.

Morning Bell: President Obama’s Health Care Strategy » The Foundry

The way the government runs healthcare now is a mess. There are so many different programs, Medicare, Medicaid, and state programs, that even the government side of the equation is driving up costs.

They need to take heads of the insurance industry, the healthcare industry, and the government, lock them all in a room, and don't let them come out until they figure a viable system that will offer everyone top quality care while reducing the cost somewhat. To make that possible, it is going to involve the government in some form. That doesn't necessarily mean it needs to be goverenment run. The sooner they get this figured out, the sooner it becomes less of a burden on business.

So right. I've said several times that the government is part of the solution, it's not the solution.

A single payer system is what we need.

We will never get it because there are to many special interests making a killing off of sick people.

I don't have health insurance because I refuse to support our ridiculous system.

In 1960, consumers paid almost half of their health care costs and had catastrophic insurance to pay for the major stuff, that has eroded into comprehensive policies where consumers only spend about 12% and they are basically just prepaid health plans. It makes absolutely no sense to pay hundreds of dollars each month for a family that goes toward doctor visits ,blood tests and screenings. A 64 year old man should be able to get a policy that protects his assets against the major things like cancer for a pittance of what government mandates policies include.

A single payer system is what we need.

We will never get it because there are to many special interests making a killing off of sick people.

I don't have health insurance because I refuse to support our ridiculous system.

I just hope you stay healthy, Chris. Because you will go bankrupt if anything serious happens. That is just foolish in your reasoning.
Geeze, what am I talking about...It's Chris...what was I thinking. :eusa_eh:

well, I ask again,, if Canada and the UK cannot manage it with dignity what makes us think our government can??

Idiot child, they are managing far better than we are. They have longer lifespans, and lower infant mortality. And all their citizens have health care, not just the lucky ones.

Oh, yes, and their per capita cost is about half of what ours is. Far too much of the money for our health care goes into the pockets of the allready rich.

Idiot child, they are managing far better than we are. They have longer lifespans, and lower infant mortality. And all their citizens have health care, not just the lucky ones.

"I can see Mount St. Helens from my kitchen window."

Their lifespan is longer than ours, but it more of our lifestyle than their healthcare. Their healthcare, is not as good as "one" would believe. They have long waits for necessary tests, and surgeries.
Some as long as four months, when needed in 4 weeks. Once again I say we have the best healthcare in the world. I have said that we can get healthcare for all, with a mesh of the private sector, and with the help of government. Not just the government.

In 1960, consumers paid almost half of their health care costs and had catastrophic insurance to pay for the major stuff, that has eroded into comprehensive policies where consumers only spend about 12% and they are basically just prepaid health plans. It makes absolutely no sense to pay hundreds of dollars each month for a family that goes toward doctor visits ,blood tests and screenings. A 64 year old man should be able to get a policy that protects his assets against the major things like cancer for a pittance of what government mandates policies include.

Yes, we used to have much better health care for less money...back when things were mostly in the private sector. All Obama is going to do is make health care get worse and less available and cost more. The government has never run a business with any success...there isn't a country today that has socialized medicine any better than what our system has been here in the US - even with our more recent gummed-up problems. With Obama we can look forward to Cuban-style medicine....in other words, a commie catastrophe. Great Britain is a socialized failure...and Canada is not far behind. Here in the US our system has done just fine except for the illegal immigrant problem which is dragging our system into bankruptcy.

I think we first of all need to separate health care policies from employers, from government, and from insurance companies so health care goes back to being a free market business. The only exception would be for insurance companies to sell only streamlined catastrophic plans which would cover big emergency costs.

If health care became a "free market product" the costs of everyday health care would significantly decrease and people could afford to "pay as you go" for their own health care needs. There would be no need for insurance....except for catastrophic insurance...which would then cost a hell of a lot less than the high premiums we see today for "comprehensive" medical coverage.

The most affordable health care system is in Japan ... take a look at it ... it works ... and the government pays almost nothing for it.

Yes, we used to have much better health care for less money...back when things were mostly in the private sector. All Obama is going to do is make health care get worse and less available and cost more. The government has never run a business with any success...there isn't a country today that has socialized medicine any better than what our system has been here in the US - even with our more recent gummed-up problems. With Obama we can look forward to Cuban-style medicine....in other words, a commie catastrophe. Great Britain is a socialized failure...and Canada is not far behind. Here in the US our system has done just fine except for the illegal immigrant problem which is dragging our system into bankruptcy.

I think we first of all need to separate health care policies from employers, from government, and from insurance companies so health care goes back to being a free market business. The only exception would be for insurance companies to sell only streamlined catastrophic plans which would cover big emergency costs.

If health care became a "free market product" the costs of everyday health care would significantly decrease and people could afford to "pay as you go" for their own health care needs. There would be no need for insurance....except for catastrophic insurance...which would then cost a hell of a lot less than the high premiums we see today for "comprehensive" medical coverage.

Kind of like the successful free market banking and mortgage lenders of the last decade, right?

In spite of it being a blog ... it's very accurate. Many Canadians with serious heart problems come here, to our "cheap" hospital ... which often makes it over crowded so they have to turn patients from their better trauma ward to other hospitals less capable of dealing with them. We have some of the best trauma wards in Washington to ... if you can get in.

Tell me, do you see this drumbeat for healthcare reform as another scam? A power grab?

I've always read that about 85% of Americans are satisfied with their own healthcare.

The Gallup Poll: Public Opinion, 2000 - Google Book Search

And the 47 million uninsured is a bogus number.

Who are the 47 million Americans who ‘don’t have health care?” « What The Crap? - whatthecrap.us

InsureBlog: Man Bites Dog

Most Uninsured Children Are in Families Served by Government Programs

Treat healthcare as you would treat that prescription bottle: read carefully.

Forum List

Back