Obama's government stimulus plan: Where the right needs to make its first stand

yah... I think the right should try to stand in the way of someone who was elected to handle the economy because you guys haven't been competent to do so for the past eight years. That ought to sit real well with the 80% of people who approve of Obama right now.

Yep... I think you all should be obstructionist jerks.

Can you say "two term president" and a loss of 10 more seats in Congress in 2010?

Sure... I knew ya could. :clap2:

If you have ideas to bring to the table that are different from Obama's ideas. Then you are going to be labeled an obstructionist. Didn't Obama state that his adminstration would gather ideas from both sides? How quickly you forget...

If you have ideas to bring to the table that are different from Obama's ideas. Then you are going to be labeled an obstructionist. Didn't Obama state that his adminstration would gather ideas from both sides? How quickly you forget...

The filibuster is obstructionist.

The U.S. Senate is a joke.

Sticking to one's principles isn't obstructionist. BTW where is your debt calculator, lets take a look at the end of this year.

yah... I think the right should try to stand in the way of someone who was elected to handle the economy because you guys haven't been competent to do so for the past eight years. That ought to sit real well with the 80% of people who approve of Obama right now.

Can you say "two term president" and a loss of 10 more seats in Congress in 2010?

Presidents HAVE NO POWER. Got that? The cannot LEGISLATE, only PONTIFICATE. Obama is powerless to do anything but "propose" stuff. Congress has to pass it, first before he has anything to sign.

As it is, this plan's spending on infrastructure amounts to only about 3.5% of GDP actually going to make-work projects. And most of that 2 years out or longer. Less than .5% of GDP will even hit the economy in the first year! (All in the CBO report, a DEMOCRATIC CBO report, BTW).

Bottom line, even if you like it, and think it's a great idea, it's not enough to even REMOTELY matter! It would take 3-5 TRILLION or MORE have any impact. And no one on earth is going to loan us that much. They probably won't even be willing to loan us the 850 Billion. China is as broke as we are and they are the ones that buy all this debt. Where else is Obama going to go to get this money? France?

Ben Nelson, DEMOCRATIC Senator from Nebraska is already joining Republicans in opposing the stimulus, as it is written. Expect at least 8 other CONSERVATIVE democrats to join the republicans in blocking anything like this in the Senate.

What most seem to have overlooked is the Democrats had to lurch far to the RIGHT to win those Republican seats. Why anyone thought these were Harry Reid democrats is beyond me. Senators like Nelson will side with the Republicans as often as they do their own party and will oppose any "New Deal" style policies because they didn't work then and they surely won't work now.

The right didnt' take a stand when we gave 350 billion to the bankers, why now?

And the last thing we need is another Ronny in the Trickle Down Whitehouse

You're right the right didn't make a stand. But isn't it fairly obvious that the first 350 billion didn't do anything? So why keep throwing good money after bad?

I have just one question for this new proposal. How many of you work on roads & bridges--or even know how too, or are capable of doing hard construction work?

Just the time frame in getting engineers to put paper-work together, plus the permit process in building a new bridge or even fixing an existing one takes YEARS. Now lets talk about new roads? How many years does that planning take?

Nope--I don't buy this road & bridge project. President Obama really--things are much different than they were in the 1930's. We now engineer & inspect everything, & man power has to be licensed to do such work.

So how does this road & bridge project put 2 million Americans to work? The simple answer is it can't.

Last edited:
You're right the right didn't make a stand. But isn't it fairly obvious that the first 350 billion didn't do anything? So why keep throwing good money after bad.

I have just one question for this new proposal. How many of you work on roads & bridges--or even know how too, or are capable of doing hard construction work?

Just the time frame in getting engineers to put paper-work together, plus the permit process in building a new bridge or even fixing an existing one takes YEARS. Now lets talk about new roads? How many years does that planning take?

Nope--I don't buy this road & bridge project. President Obama really--things are much different than they were in the 1930's. We now engineer & inspect everything, & man power has to be licensed to do such work.

Most the states claim they have enough "shovel-ready" projects ready to go. That means all the engineering and permits are in place. Even at that, it takes over a year for that have an impact. And if you add it all up...it is simply not enough money to make a difference. If you aren't a construction worker it will have NO impact on your life. It's not like all those out of work Investment bankers and clerks are going to start driving earth movers.....

Guess you couldn't handle that simple request.

1) 'I' am not the Republicans. Most real conservatives are fairly disgusted with them at this point so you can stop lumping me in with the mistakes they made.

2) You couldn't even bring yourself to defend YOUR guys plan in this post. All you could do was make a petty attack about what the Republicans did before, which I guess is some goofy way of arguing that since they got it wrong that inherently equates to Obama getting it right before he's even done anything and what is on the table probably won't work.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back