Obama's Bridge to No where

REmember when they crucified Kerry because he he said he voted for the bill then against it when it was changed?

She voted for the bridge then against it. So let's crucify her like the right did to Kerry. Turn about is fair play.

Get a life, she is another politician who has been cast into the national spotlight too soon and now a lot of little crap that she thought was under the bridge is floating out.

They didn't vet her like they should have.

Just another pretty face, with a gun, against abortion, who makes McCain look better. Rampant sexism in this choice.

little note about Kerry ray, John Kerry is and was at least to me a decent and honorable man. Then again, back to the Sarah Palin thing, there was a big effort within the part for several months to get her the nomination for VP. If the press was too focused on other names and didn't see it comming so they could be prepared with the file on her to support the DNC then too bad. The bottom line is the democrats can't stand any republican that has anywhere near something called an approval rating about 60% and are scared i.e. the freenzy. So my thoughts. keep it up the more you scream the more republicans will come out and vote.

jillian....here's where my memory was off, but not too far off...it states stevens and young ''tucked away'' these bridges in an 835 page bill...

Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.), a staunch opponent of pork barrel spending, tried to block $453 million for two Alaska bridges that had been tucked into the recent highway bill.

well, given the last two elections, it's not like that republican base is too concerned with the laughable nature of their choices versus facts. Please, let them come. If they want to leap onto a bandwagon despite reality it's just a testament to the cognitive dissonance of their party.

you know.. like the rhetorical bullshit we see in defense of Palin despite easily accessible evidence like the image above.

bring it.

Let's not compare candidates shall we? what you think is the laughable nature of the current repbublican candidate I can apply to the current democratic one's. It seems to me election after election if the democrats wanted to win the White House they would actually practice what they preach and start being the party of inclusion and stop being the party of we are right and everyone else it wrong. You ever stop and think thats why you lost the White House to someone like George W. Bush? Someone I personally didn't even like.

She directly said she sold her plane on ebay. She directly said she fired the chef. To 40,000,000 viewers.

I don't call that speaking directly. I call it selective memory and distortion.

But, bottom line, I do think there is a lot of "this candidate feels right to me" on both sides and that that is hard for *either* side to get past.

You know Cali I agree with you, on the "feels right thing". I personally don't have feelings one way or the other on Sarah Palin. I am willing however to give her the benifit of the doubt, because, I have seen the nature of our current system of elections, and that goes for both sides. It's about time WE started selecting our presidents than letting the media do it for us. It's one reason I don't believe half the crap I hear about Obama.

Let's not compare candidates shall we? what you think is the laughable nature of the current repbublican candidate I can apply to the current democratic one's. It seems to me election after election if the democrats wanted to win the White House they would actually practice what they preach and start being the party of inclusion and stop being the party of we are right and everyone else it wrong. You ever stop and think thats why you lost the White House to someone like George W. Bush? Someone I personally didn't even like.

WTF is party of inclusion... Is a party of your either with us or against us the party of inclusion. Is the party of amending the constitution to put down and exclude a segment of our society a party of inclusion.. seriously youve either lost your mind or are still hitting the pipe.. which is it...

Do you see any other lies that we're not up in arms about ...yet.. there were1.5 lies in the first five seconds of the video...

You really should lay off the crack there navy... it is so umbecoming..

Jeeper's I can see how someone that does not share Sarah Palins social values would not like her at all. of course I can. The crack comment Jeepers was a little much, you know all the passion you have for your candiadte I think is a great thing, and for someone like me who spent most of my life in the military, it really does make me happy to see the number of people involved in their country. So comments like that are beneath you, if you thinks she lies then so be it, if you want to think I'm "thinkheaded" for not seeing it, then so be it, would not be the first time, I have heard that. You think I don't hear the same thing from a Obama supporting teenage daughter? lol

WTF is party of inclusion... Is a party of your either with us or against us the party of inclusion. Is the party of amending the constitution to put down and exclude a segment of our society a party of inclusion.. seriously youve either lost your mind or are still hitting the pipe.. which is it...

Jeepers you really should spend a little more time reading your partys plank*

"the platform will make it clear we are the party of a woman's right to choose and we are a party of inclusion." DNC

What it means is this, there are people in this country that don't share those views a large segement of people out there that vote. If the democrats, want to be the true party of inclusion then they need to stop tearing down people who don't believe like them and just like my party needs to as well if they hope to win it's that simple.

Jeepers you really should spend a little more time reading your partys plank*

"the platform will make it clear we are the party of a woman's right to choose and we are a party of inclusion." DNC

What it means is this, there are people in this country that don't share those views a large segement of people out there that vote. If the democrats, want to be the true party of inclusion then they need to stop tearing down people who don't believe like them and just like my party needs to as well if they hope to win it's that simple.

I see your point.. but, is it not true that your party views this issue from the other extreme.. was it not rush who told Mac that he had to pick an anti choice candidate.

I see your point.. but, is it not true that your party views this issue from the other extreme.. was it not rush who told Mac that he had to pick an anti choice candidate.

Your not going to get me to defend Rush , I'm sorry, not a fan never was. He at least to me is no different in my mind than Keith Olbermann and is the problem with our elections. I agree that there are extreme's on both sides of each issue, what is a shame, here is that and it may just be my perception , the extreme's are the one's that get all the press, when in fact the vast majority of people are sort of in the middle. It really is a shame what when people have differences on social views that it keeps them from doing the nations business , again thats just my little op-ed there.

Oh rly? Which DEMS have run on platforms that they have FAILED to bring to fruition after 8 years in office? I tellya, how many W bumper stickers do you see THIS SIDE of Bush's terms in office? Yet, that didn't stop the bandwagon in '04, did it? And no, we lost the white house because of the same tactics you are about to see landing on Palin's candidacy. enjoy.

"I was FOR the bridge to nowhere before I was AGAINST it"

Lol.

Like I said.. the gift that keeps on giving!

THATS exactly it.

Remember: JESUS wouldn't vote for a democrat. or something.

It's one reason I don't believe half the crap I hear about Obama.

Do you throw out half the bad crap along with half the good crap, I hope? :D

I dismissed Obama until I started watching him in interviews, and realizing that he had a certain vision and integrity that resonates with me. It's based on service-based faith. In other words, all fine and good to say you are going to be a productive member of society, help out, etc, but unless you roll up your sleeves and get to it, and do it with integrity, it's just hot air.

His inclusive approach is more likely to be effective across the spectrum, than a confrontional approach such as certain other politicians use. I am for all of us getting together, and not for the partisan bickering. Good god we have better things to do with our time.

In other words, I think he can be extremely effective at getting stuff done because he is able to take another person's perspective and weigh it against his own. He also uses inclusive language as a general rule. I also happen to agree with him on policy, like using diplomacy before war, and getting to know your enemy for your own protection.

But I respect everyone's right to vote for the person they feel is best suited.

Last edited:
Oh rly? Which DEMS have run on platforms that they have FAILED to bring to fruition after 8 years in office? I tellya, how many W bumper stickers do you see THIS SIDE of Bush's terms in office? Yet, that didn't stop the bandwagon in '04, did it? And no, we lost the white house because of the same tactics you are about to see landing on Palin's candidacy. enjoy.

"I was FOR the bridge to nowhere before I was AGAINST it"

Lol.

Like I said.. the gift that keeps on giving!

Jimmy Carter comes to mind, or do you think 21% interest rates and 12% unemployment was a good thing? Lydon Johnson, would be another, Yes I will agree that Bill Clinton was a good president, give you that one. I would be careful on that for it before I was against it thing. Seems to me Joe Biden was Agianst Obama before he was for him. So thats not an exclusive republican thing and know what if McCain wins , I won't be unhappy at all. As I said earlier Shogun on the gift thing , I agree with the gift thing, but for a totally different reason than you do.

Do you throw out half the bad crap along with half the good crap, I hope? :D

I dismissed Obama until I started watching him in interviews, and realizing that he had a certain vision and integrity that resonates with me. It's based on service-based faith. In other words, all fine and good to say you are going to be a productive member of society, help out, etc, but unless you roll up your sleeves and get to it, and do it with integrity, it's just hot air.

His inclusive approach is more likely to be effective across the spectrum, than a confrontional approach such as certain other politicians use. I am for all of us getting together, and not for the partisan bickering. Good god we have better things to do with our time.

In other words, I think he can be extremely effective at getting stuff done because he is able to take another person's perspective and weigh it against his own. He also uses inclusive language as a general rule. I also happen to agree with him on policy, like using diplomacy before war, and getting to know your enemy for your own protection.

But I respect everyone's right to vote for the person they feel is best suited.

Okay Cali, i'm going to concede one thing to you because I see it daily in my daughter. Obama has the quality to inspire many people to get involved with their country and that for young people especially is very inspirational and cannot be anything but a good thing for this country because it gets them involved in the process in way that they have never been before.

Jimmy Carter comes to mind, or do you think 21% interest rates and 12% unemployment was a good thing? Lydon Johnson, would be another, Yes I will agree that Bill Clinton was a good president, give you that one. I would be careful on that for it before I was against it thing. Seems to me Joe Biden was Agianst Obama before he was for him. So thats not an exclusive republican thing and know what if McCain wins , I won't be unhappy at all. As I said earlier Shogun on the gift thing , I agree with the gift thing, but for a totally different reason than you do.

HA!

what presidential candidate ISNT against their competitors in the race, dude? You think we have a shortage of RUDY quotes? ROMNEY quotes? give me a break, dude.

and yes, as far as the ISSUES go, Palin's own words will come back full force to trip up mccain's campaign. This is why it's so ironic, after 2004, to see her as your choice with so much baggage available.

Trust me, your side would have seen a jew killing hitler as reason to come out and vote as long as he promised to overturn RvW. Consistency has never been a GOP characteristic. By the second week in October, after Troopergate, pregnant teenage daughters and this bridge issue becomes embedded into the dialog, You'll figure out why offering a thoroughly unvetted VP was a bit more risk than it returns.

:eusa_angel:

HA!

what presidential candidate ISNT against their competitors in the race, dude? You think we have a shortage of RUDY quotes? ROMNEY quotes? give me a break, dude.

and yes, as far as the ISSUES go, Palin's own words will come back full force to trip up mccain's campaign. This is why it's so ironic, after 2004, to see her as your choice with so much baggage available.

Trust me, your side would have seen a jew killing hitler as reason to come out and vote as long as he promised to overturn RvW. Consistency has never been a GOP characteristic. By the second week in October, after Troopergate, pregnant teenage daughters and this bridge issue becomes embedded into the dialog, You'll figure out why offering a thoroughly unvetted VP was a bit more risk than it returns.

:eusa_angel:

Let me see and being consistant is a democratic trait I suppose? You mean like when they voted for the Iraq War resolution and then later stated it was George Bush that decieved them? Trust me no party has a right to claim they are consistant on anything period in a long long time. I can say the same for the Democrats as well, if Joe Stalins niece was running for the VP slot as long as she supported abortion your party would have thought she was the best thing since FDR. You see how ignorant that sort of stupid ass reherotic is? see how much it's gotten done in congres don't you? Not a damn thing. I will say this though , it was a big gamble on McCains part to pick her for the VP slot, that for the moment seems to be paying off. Will wait and see how it all turns out.

Let me see and being consistant is a democratic trait I suppose? You mean like when they voted for the Iraq War resolution and then later stated it was George Bush that decieved them? Trust me no party has a right to claim they are consistant on anything period in a long long time. I can say the same for the Democrats as well, if Joe Stalins niece was running for the VP slot as long as she supported abortion your party would have thought she was the best thing since FDR. You see how ignorant that sort of stupid ass reherotic is? see how much it's gotten done in congres don't you? Not a damn thing. I will say this though , it was a big gamble on McCains part to pick her for the VP slot, that for the moment seems to be paying off. Will wait and see how it all turns out.

Obama didn't vote for the war. CLINTON did. Which, is one reason she never had my vote.

so, yes. CONSISTANT.

dude.. do you really need to copy my quips to feel like you've offered a rebuttal? weak, dude. weak.

PAYING OFF? :lol: yea.. nothing says PAYOFF quite like a brand new layer of reasons not to choose him as president! She is the new Dan Quayle, dude. Even he had his first week in the sun. Just wait for October.

quayle1.jpg

man.. whats with the GOP and STUPID motherfucking nominees? Potato? Nucular? sheesh.

Last edited:
Obama = Two Memoirs and Zero Legislation Authorship. Talk about leadership. He rather right about himself than for the American people.

Forum List

Back